Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    atom_ant            06-28-2004, 9:48 AM Reply   
Just seeing who's out there. I'm down for riding whenever.
Old    lucky            06-28-2004, 10:17 AM Reply   
I'm in Jax, usually ride on Black Creek or Lake Sante Fe. Based on ooccupation you would be welcome to ride with us anytime. I can't seem to sack up and learn anything new.
Old    grizzle            06-28-2004, 10:20 AM Reply   
Whats up AA !
I had a meeting in Jacksonville last week, and almost stopped by to see if you wanted to ride on my way home past Kingsley around 4:00.
Old    atom_ant            06-28-2004, 2:31 PM Reply   
Grizzle, what up, you should have stopped by so I would have someone to ride with. It seems like nobody here rides. I'm moving to orlando in about a month and 1/2 so I'll be in Tampa every now and then riding over at EE's.

Greg, sounds great. If you could just shoot me an E-mail next time you have room, I can let you know if I can make it. I'll throw in $ for whatever too.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-01-2004, 9:37 AM Reply   
I hear you, I just moved to Ocala. It seems like no one rides around here. I am always heading to Tampa every weekend to ride.
Old    atom_ant            07-01-2004, 9:47 AM Reply   
Wierd, that's where everyone that I know rides.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-01-2004, 1:59 PM Reply   
Ive put out a couple posts here looking for a pull, but maybe my timing was off. I know people ride around here, I guess they're just not on here a lot. If your up for the drive we ride in Tampa every weekend. I think we are riding on Lake Hiawasee in Orl this weekend...
Old     (4hun)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-01-2004, 1:59 PM Reply   
I'm in Gainesville and ride about 2 times a week. Usually Santa Fe or Alto. Went to the Suwannee last week and will probably start going there now and again.
Old    atom_ant            07-01-2004, 2:21 PM Reply   
My fault, I meant Tampa is where everyone I know rides.
Old    atom_ant            07-01-2004, 2:24 PM Reply   
I ride on Kingsley as much as I can, usually 2 or 3 times a week.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-01-2004, 6:24 PM Reply   
im from St. Petersburg and I was just up in Gainesville pickingup my new boat... I saw some pretty tight riding spots and thought about maybe riding up there sometime... but it was a 3 hour drive... but It was worth it cuz I got an awesome boat now!
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-02-2004, 7:42 AM Reply   
So, Kingsley, Santa Fe, Alto and the Suwannee are all around the Ocala / Gainsville area? Or more towards Jax?
Anyone got room?
Old     (rem_pss308)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-02-2004, 9:20 AM Reply   
Hey Austin, We were on Kingsley earlier this week. Didnt see anyone doing much wakeboarding. We were in a red and white X9 ( my neighbors ) There was lots of rain though. Planning a nother trip in a few weeks. Do you live on the lake? I live in Branford, it is about 1.5 hours from Kingsley.

Shawn : where on the suwannee did you go. It is really nice down past the Sante Fe river, closer to Fanning Springs. I live a mile from the suwannee close to Little river, and Troy springs.
Will be on the suwannee this weekend ( all three days )
Old     (4hun)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-02-2004, 6:12 PM Reply   
I dont know where I went. I put in near Cross City and went up river to the sand bar. I think I will be there on Sunday and Momday. I have a black and tan Super Air.
Old     (jaxboarder)      Join Date: Dec 2001       07-02-2004, 9:47 PM Reply   
in jax people are ridin on pottsburg almost every day... almost everyone is pretty cool about giving rides, you just have to show up at the right time/place with some money
Old    lucky            07-06-2004, 5:03 AM Reply   
Ted,

I'd be happy to give you a pull on Sante Fe. It is about 20 minutes east of Gainesville. I'll be out of town the next two weekend but shoot me an email and we can try and work out a time to go.

Cory,

Where is the right place and the right time on Pottsburg, should I just jump off the bridge on Atlantic Blvd and wait for a boat?
Old     (rem_pss308)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-06-2004, 5:54 AM Reply   
Shawn,
That is the best part of the river. Lots of good boat ramps, and the river is wide. I didnt make it to the sand bar Monday we stayed down river close to fanning ( US-19 )Maybe we will see you there sometime.
Old     (4hun)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-06-2004, 7:21 PM Reply   
I never made it out to the Suwannee. I went to Santa Fe on Sunday. We were among many other idiots skiing in the rain, thunder and lightning. O well. I had a really crappy weekend. I figured I would try and go out today. As soon as I put my boat in it started storming. I drove out the canal and turned around and headed home(30 min each way). What another waste. Hopefully Board Bonanza in Nashville this weekend will be rain free.
Old    atom_ant            07-06-2004, 9:40 PM Reply   
Mike, I was out EARLY Saturday morning in a black X30 (friends boat) and then just a few runs Sunday and Monday night in a blue and black Ski Nautique with a pylon.(my boat). I dont remember the X9, but if you were there for the boat parade on the 4th I was on the X30 that won best boat. Next time you are down E-mail me. We have a house out there so I'm there almost everyday. I think I remember you and your son from Lakupoloza, I rode in intermediate there and had the nautique. I drive through Branford about once a week for work so maybe I'll take an extended lunch break.
Old    lucky            07-07-2004, 5:15 AM Reply   
Shawn,

Were you on Sante Fe during that storm on Sunday. That is the worst storm I have ever seen 3 foot rollers coming across the lake. Next time you get stuck in lightening come to my house we have an extra anchor drilled four feet into the mud. I don't care if were not there but get out of the lightening.
Old     (4hun)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-07-2004, 9:35 PM Reply   
Greg,
We were there Sunday, but I dont think it was that same storm. It was just non stop drizzle and lightning in the distance! I am not quite sure where your house is. It would be nice to have a safe place to go when the weather turns sour.
When we were there Tuesday, the lake went from near perfect conditions, to whitecaps within 1 minute! I had my board on and was putting out the rope, 10 seconds later the whole weather changed. It was pretty crazy. Enough to make me take off my board and haul arse back in. I never even got in the water!!
Old    lucky            07-08-2004, 5:40 AM Reply   
The house is on the east side about a quarter mile from Melrose Bay. There is a small channel that goes into a lagoon, pass that and there are 5 or 6 more house on the lake before a long tree line. Our boat house is light blue with a silver metal roof, pontoon boat on the lift. There is a hook on the achor and rocking chairs on the porch get out of the storms.
Old     (rem_pss308)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-08-2004, 7:04 AM Reply   
Austin
We were at Lakupoloza. I wanted to be at Kinglsey on the 4th, but didnt make it. Do they have fireworks on the lake?
Boat parade that sounds cool. Was it on the lake or in town?

Old    atom_ant            07-12-2004, 5:52 PM Reply   
Mike, the fireworks are only by individuals, but there is a contest, so they're always good. The boat parade is on the lake. Check out www.kingsleylake.org, I'm on the back of the X30 with the A on my chest.