Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (oldguy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-26-2003, 2:02 PM Reply   
How about some feedback on the video link trick attempt(suggestions).
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=6483
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-26-2003, 2:34 PM Reply   
Hi Tim, first off, the boat seems to be going very slow, don't know if that was part of the plan. Overall, the trick looked really good. For suggestions I would say take a little more aggressive edge into the wake and come off edge more abruptly at the wake. This will cause your board to fly out from underneath you and over your head. A ts frontroll is kinda like tripping over something, you want your feet to stop and your head to keep going, that's what creates the easy rotation.
Keep posting vids with progress.
Later
Tiffany
www.WakeChicks.com
Old     (oldguy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-26-2003, 2:56 PM Reply   
Tiffany,

Sorry, I should have added a little information. This is a video of my son John. He is 11. The boat is slow to get him to try the trick. I appreciate you looking at the video and the comments. I will pass your suggestions on to him tonight.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-26-2003, 8:28 PM Reply   
Looks good. Speed the boat up a bit and tell him to edge in a little longer. It might also help him to keep the handle closer to his body on the cut. To finish the trick, tell him to keep his upper body rotating until it is over the board again. Little ripper is going to kill it!
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-16-2003, 10:06 AM Reply   
hey tim,

don't know if your son got this yet, but i just spent a whole afternoon last week working with a pro coach on this trick. i was trying it for the first time and doing the same thing as your son.

a couple of things that might help - he's bending over at the waist as he comes in. i did this too. he needs to lean away from the boat to get the line tension, not bend over. you want to keep the chest up as you're coming in.

also, i was told you want a more closed body position. see how we can see his vest zipper? we shouldn't be able to - which would mean his body was more turned towards the wake, which also means a better cut. notice how when he lands his board is perpendicular to the boat, not edging away? that's the result of coming in too open.

one thing that helps to get that body position is the releasing of the rear hand. as you go up the wake, you release the back hand in a sweeping motion. this also turns your shoulders away from the boat, resulting in that more closed position - and puts you in a better position for the landing. your son has the release part down, if he can just turn his body as he does it, it'll put him in a better position.

hope that helps. im still working on all that!

(Message edited by deepstructure on April 16, 2003)
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-16-2003, 11:08 AM Reply   
I teach at a wakeboard school and he reeally needs to stand tall at the wake dont break at the hips untill into the air then make sure he keeps the handle in close to his body through out the entire trick. Also make sure that he goes off the wake with two hands then release with his back hand once airborne and upon landing, land on his toes and push chest toward the shore or outward