Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-16-2006, 4:56 AM Reply   
Hi all!
The best boat? What would you choose, if you don't care about money?
Old    benni89            10-16-2006, 5:22 AM Reply   
X-Star
SANTE 210
Bu VLX
Old    walt            10-16-2006, 6:35 AM Reply   
I'd most likely go with a CC or MC.
Old    DRA            10-16-2006, 7:22 AM Reply   
Loaded question, what makes it "THE BEST BOAT", Lots of variables in this thread. But one thing for sure the boat war gates have opened. Let the fun begin.

Oh and I say both of my choices start with a "S".
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-16-2006, 7:41 AM Reply   
DITTO, but with a "X"
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-16-2006, 8:10 AM Reply   
Malibu VLX or LSV if you need the size. Everything else is second best.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-16-2006, 8:17 AM Reply   
This one.Upload
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-16-2006, 8:40 AM Reply   
Hey Boris,
Are you in the Russian Mob or something? You should buy Red October.
Old    rsmith            10-16-2006, 8:44 AM Reply   
I wonder how the wake is behind this one?
Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-17-2006, 1:35 AM Reply   
Hey Paul! Whats that? Looks like Georgian aircraft carrier...
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-17-2006, 7:05 AM Reply   
That is Paul Allens boat. It was the largest private yacht in the world, but another Tech guy built one that was a foot or two longer. I can't remember his name now. Its is something like 453ft long.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-17-2006, 8:06 AM Reply   
Boris - Dose your mom still dress and feed you? Come on man, we are talking about a pretty big purchase, and you don't have the common since to make an educated decision on your own likes, wants, and needs in a boat?

Find “YOUR” boat, not what everyone on the board wishes or wants!!! The only time you should ask, “what boat do you think” is to your wife if you are married, or maybe your mom in your case…

1) TEST DRIVE & RIDE!!! Find out how each boat drives and performs on the water. Then make sure YOU do some riding behind each to see what wake SHAPE works best for YOUR riding level, style, and makes it easier for YOUR learning progression.
2) What interior layout and size best fits YOUR boating style, needs & wants? This is also the time to look at every detail to see the quality in each boat and how they compare.
3) List out all the options that are on each boat and highlight the one(s) YOU like over the other and see what boat has the most features YOU like. Compare your apples to apples, and what one(s) has a better taste to YOUR taste buds.
4) This is YOUR boat purchase, so take the time to find YOUR boat, because it doesn’t matter what I, or anyone else thinks, what it cost, or what it's worth if YOU’R not happy with YOUR boat. This is about YOU and YOUR boat, YOU need to make the decision that is best for YOU. Think about it…

I so hate having people ask, "What boat should I buy?" Only you can answer that once you really take the time to do your research to find a boat with the layout and options that fit YOUR needs and wants in a boat, not someone else wants you to buy.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-17-2006, 8:14 AM Reply   
I vote Maltese Falcon...
Upload
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-17-2006, 8:39 AM Reply   
Jamie,

Here's the thing: Boris is NOT 5 years old... he understands that he will receive an influx of replies that solely say "malibu. no question.", but he is trying to get people's positive feedback about their boats and pair it with his experience and hopefully find a good boat.

He's 25. He's fully capable of sorting things out on his own without you telling him to find HIS boat. He already knows this.

He asks us for what we like because (I'm guessing here) in Russia, there are probably very few wakeboard boat dealerships, let alone wakeboard boats PERIOD. Maybe he has only been in/around a few wakeboats in his life, so how would he have any idea of what his possibilities are without asking Wakeworld (experts in the boat field)?

---------------------------
Boris,

I truly hope that the Georgian carriers look that good... Not exactly the most intimidating-looking ship though
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-17-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
I don't think he is looking for a boat at all. He is just asking a question. Without questions, these chat forums would be pretty boring.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-17-2006, 10:47 AM Reply   
Paul,

I don't either... hence my boat posted!! I just figure if he is trying to, we don't need to treat him like a kid.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-17-2006, 11:52 AM Reply   
agreed.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-17-2006, 11:58 AM Reply   
larry ellison of oracle has the biggest in the world I believe, the rising sun.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-17-2006, 1:52 PM Reply   
Thank you Brett. I could not remember his name for the life of me.
Old     (boss210)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-17-2006, 3:27 PM Reply   
A Natique, MB or a Malibu
Old     (wiscoepic)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-17-2006, 8:11 PM Reply   
I would personally go with an Epic. You really can’t go wrong with all the options that come standard on it. Plus the wake is huge. But I guess I’m kinda biased towards them since I own the Wisconsin epic dealership.

(Message edited by Wiscoepic on October 17, 2006)
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-17-2006, 8:14 PM Reply   
Boris did you win the lottery or was that just a random ??????????
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-17-2006, 10:05 PM Reply   
uh-oh...

Upload
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-17-2006, 11:02 PM Reply   
Not saying Boris is 5, but come on, common since tells me I would need to find what I can put my hands on in Russia. Then visit those dealers to see what they have to offer in boats and service.
Then take the time to see what he likes between what he has to choose from.

Personally I would start with the mfg's to see who they have taking care of their line in Russia, that would give me a list to start with. Then see what is close to me for service issues. Then knowing they don't get high #'s see what they have or can get their hands on.

Boris - Good luck to you, I hope you find "YOUR" boat and everything goes well. If you would like I can get you some contact info on Supra & Moomba's.
Old     (wcr)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-17-2006, 11:28 PM Reply   
CC 210 pre 2007
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-18-2006, 12:05 AM Reply   
Jamie...long time no see man! You got those 07' Murrays in yet? Gimme a ring when you get em.

Also, it sort of seems like this thread is a "just for fun" thing...I mean, come on, no one really buys wakeboarding boats anymore, right? I heard river boarding is the new craze.
Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-18-2006, 12:23 AM Reply   
Wow!!!(sarcasm) Thanks a lot guys, I see that you have a pretty good sense of humor. But it was the serious question, because in my area only a few old wake boats, and I've tried a couple of them. May be my question sounds a little bit stupid for you, but I was really interested in your opinion. Right now we have x-30 2003, and we're thinking about buying the new one. Our budget is about $150 000, and we can choose between malibu VLX, MC X45 or Xstar, but can you imagine that if you order the boat now, you have to wait almost a half a year and it's gonna cost for us twice more then for example in the US.
I just only need to know your opinion.
So thanks to all for your answers.
-To Anodyne, thanks a lot dude, that you were in my team
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-18-2006, 5:32 AM Reply   
I heard that the largest private yacht is still under construction, and it belongs to a Saudi prince. It will be like 550' long. Paul Allen and Larry Ellison have a long running pissing match. If you compare their fleets, each one has a yacht that is a couple of feet longer than the other's. They play the same game with their homes as well.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-18-2006, 1:43 PM Reply   
Boris - I have a few calls out to see what the guys at Skiers Choice (supra & moomba) can do. Hope you didn't take things the wrong way, I just hate when guys ask that question. There is no right answer till the buyer makes his call.
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-18-2006, 1:59 PM Reply   
I'm pretty biased, Boris. I can have any wakeboard boat I want as well and chose this. The price is high, but well worth it! Good luck and Demo all the boats. It will all make more sense on the water!!!

2007 X-45

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    mendo247            10-18-2006, 3:10 PM Reply   
HMMMMM So are you guys saying i was mislead when i bought my boat?? i walked into the boat shop place and told them i wanted the best wakeboard boat there was! they told me i was lucky and i walked into the right place, they took me over to a sanger V215 said this was the best boat money could buy so i bought it.. i havent seen sanger mentioned once.. DID HE LIE TO ME?
Old    DRA            10-18-2006, 3:16 PM Reply   
Uhhhhh, Coop did you not see I said they both start with a "S".

Plus yours also has the best system money could buy.
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-18-2006, 3:19 PM Reply   
I think Sanger makes a fantastic boat.
Old    Ben Kerran            10-18-2006, 3:19 PM Reply   
HMMMMMMM I walked in to my boat shop place and told them I wanted the best boat for housing stereo equipment! He told me I was lucky and had come to the right place. The he took me over to an Avalanche and said this was the best floating speaker box I could buy. .....See ya Turkey day weekend!
Old    mendo247            10-18-2006, 3:22 PM Reply   
OO ok thanks guys i was call him up and chew his a**!!

yeah ben cant wait for turkey day!
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-18-2006, 3:25 PM Reply   
Good lord, Ben... That is awesome! I'm green with envy. That is just crazy!!!!! You must be louder than a 747!
Old    swass            10-18-2006, 3:35 PM Reply   
The "best wakeboard boat" is whatever's at the other end of the rope.
Old    Ben Kerran            10-18-2006, 3:36 PM Reply   
Did this guy with the BRAND NEW X-45 just say "green with envy?"........get him some aspirin. I am green with ENVY. Beautiful boat, now let's tear it apart and put some subs in it
Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-18-2006, 11:53 PM Reply   
Thanks Ben, for pics & suggestion! My best wishes for you!!! Fantastic boat! We said - "I'm black with envy!" Perhaps at next week we have a transaction.
Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-19-2006, 1:33 AM Reply   
Jamie, im seriously talk with u. I cant understand why u so agressive? How exactly your friends can help me? I was talking to the dealer of MC in the US, and they told me that I should speak to our Russian Office in Moscow. But its longer & they take a big percent. Can give me any contacts of your guys if it helps to make it faster & easyer?
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-19-2006, 8:30 AM Reply   
Boris, with the kind of money you're talking, why not take a trip to the US. Probably California, Texas, or Florida. I'm sure you could arrange a ride in 5-6 different boats from folks here on Wakeworld. At the same time, you could also visit dealers in those areas to make arrangements.

I'm curious, what kind of tariffs will you have to pay to bring the boat back? And how much is shipping? The only thing I can think of is that the boat would be loaded into a shipping container then loaded on to a transport ship?

Anyway, Good luck!
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-19-2006, 8:31 AM Reply   
Boris, I've heard there are Mastercraft dealers in Germany and Italy. Maybe that's an avenue that you could work to dodge some of the high-cost of getting this boat.
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-19-2006, 8:45 AM Reply   
Correct Craft or Sanger!
Old     (zorro)      Join Date: Jan 2005       10-19-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
Hi Boris, yes Craig is right, there is surely a Mastercraft dealer here in Italy (and I know for sure also in Germany).
Look at this website for the Italian dealer
www.barchedasci.it
You will end up paying much less than importing a boat from the US
Old     (sound_illusions)      Join Date: May 2005       10-19-2006, 1:47 PM Reply   
Heres my choice!!! This is way better then Richards V215! It is so much louder too!
Upload
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-19-2006, 1:48 PM Reply   
Boris - Here is your info... We have a dealer in Moscow, SportClub-Velomir george@velomir.ru phone 7 095 236 8278

Now check your e-mail.