Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-01-2008, 8:12 PM Reply   
For those of you who do not know, here in San Diego County we have 2, yes, 2 lakes that we can ride at and have "water contact" in the entire county (San Vicente and El Capitan). That is, until today . San Vicente is starting a project to raise the hieght of the dam so the lake can store more water. Sadly, today was the last day the lake will be open for somewhere around 8 years. We all know how construction projects can be with delays for one reason or another, so I hope it stays on schedule as much as possible. Then there just has to be enough water available to fill it up when they are done. That alone can take a few years.

Anyway, it is with great sadness we say goodbye to our lake, and all the good times we have had there. I can't begin to count all the GREAT friends I/we have made there. I have thousands of great pics to remind me, and tons of great friends that can never be replaced. Over 700 hours on my boat in just over 3 years, and almost all of it on San V. Now the entire county of 3 million has 1 lake for everyone. Other than that, we have Mission Bay and San Diego Bay, both salt water. There is talk, and a huge push, to open another lake for water contact. We will have to do all we can, and keep our fingers crossed.

A huge group of us spent Sunday and today there, taking our last pulls. Had a great time with everyone, but it is still very hard to think that it will be at least another 8 years before we get to see our lake again. Personally I love this lake quite a bit more than El Cap, but I guess I will get use to it (besides it being so close. OK, I am spoiled) Kinda have to. Need to start making to river trips, secret spots (you know who I am talking about ), and hit up some friends who put their boats in the bay. Tons of good times ahead.

Anyway, hope to see everyone soon at El Cap.

Buzz