Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-17-2012, 2:47 PM Reply   
I mainly surf but am stating to get the wakeboarding itch more lately. I am Definetly beginner level and ride a CWB faze with seven bindings. Is this a decent board for beginning or should I look into a higher brand board? If so, what boards should I look into?
Old     (cj1)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-17-2012, 3:09 PM Reply   
For now that set up should be okay. Until you get the hang of wakeboarding and start to really progress you dont really need a new board set up because you wont know what you want in a board. Are you going to be mainly boat riding or mainly cable?
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-17-2012, 3:10 PM Reply   
100% boat riding
Old     (cj1)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-17-2012, 7:01 PM Reply   
Your board is gunu be fine for now until you get to an intermediate level and want to progress. By then youll know some things you want in a board. Also if i were riding 100% behind a boat id go with a standard board over a flex board when your ready to decide. Good luck.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-22-2012, 7:46 AM Reply   
When I get my new Hyperlite Marek Nova Board in I'll let you check it out.
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-24-2012, 7:08 AM Reply   
so i went out yesterday and rode with some friends. i tried out his LF Harley Grind 142. i was able to manuever around the water better on his board, but the board seemed very heavy to me-like cinder block heavy LOL.

so next i rode my board-cwb faze. we got to looking and i guess i never got the center fins that you bolt onto the board which is why its so squirrely feeling and i have no control.

after that i rode his wifes board(no laughing!!) its a hyperlite blur 136, and it had opentow boots so i was able to squeeze into it. this board felt really good on the water. i was able to move around super easy and i was not able to get wake to wake but i was getting a good 4 or 5 feet of air off the wake and landing just short of the other wake. i know this is all because i wasnt edging hard enough to the wake..

so now im thinking what do to. should i find some fins to put on my cwb board(its 142 also) or should i try to find a board similiar to the HL BLUR design and go with a 137 or 139 as it seemed to be a lot easier to ride.

i am 6'4", 170-180 lbs, so tall and skinny.