Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-16-2011, 2:35 PM Reply   
I would like to thank Wake9 for taking the time this past week to come out and teach my cousin and myself how to wakesurf. I emailed Ragboy about possibly meeting up with him while my family and I were at the floating campsites in Lake Oroville. Ragboy and his family came out and gave us excellent instruction and had my cousin freeriding in no time at all. I was able to get some slack in the rope for the first time as well. Ragboy was also generous enough to give me a surf nubbin' that works amazingly. I can't wait to try it out on my boat.

Thanks again to Wake9 for the instruction, generosity, and overall great time!

m-
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-16-2011, 3:11 PM Reply   
good to hear! Those guys love the sport and they seem to love to help others!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-16-2011, 3:20 PM Reply   
They are really good people. I'll be at oroville on sunday and monday and RJ will be coming out to ride a bit. I'm looking forward to it.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-16-2011, 3:43 PM Reply   
Wake9 / Garcia clan= Good for the sport!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-16-2011, 4:12 PM Reply   
Glad to hear they got you up and going! The Garcia family is definitely great for the sport. Nice job Wake 9!
Old     (vman)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-16-2011, 4:39 PM Reply   
Welcome to the wake surf family. You will love the surf nubbin, we use it on our boat.
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-16-2011, 4:45 PM Reply   
Vman-

Thanks. I am anxious to try it out on my boat. Only concern I have it whether or not my tower will "fail" because of using a different tow point. Ragboy's RZ2 tower is built like a tank and I didn't see anything that would cause any concern when using the surf nubbin'. I've posted on the MB sports forum and I am hoping to get an answer soon.

m-
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-18-2011, 12:08 AM Reply   
Hey Mario, we were out for a couple of days, took the crew surfing in Santa Cruz with the Wolters, GREAT time.

I have some good video of you guys riding and will post in a couple of days. You guys look great. As soon as you get that rub rail down like we talked about, and then later a faster board, you guys will be rocking. That was the first time I have seen the CWB ride in person, it was definitely slower than it should be.

I wish I had a 4.9 TWP Sig when you came up, I thought I had a soulcraft board that would work, but I had sent it back. Anyway, its just going to get funner. I don't think the nubbin will hurt the tower, but doesn't hurt to check.