Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       06-19-2008, 8:29 PM Reply   
what should I ride? I would like to get into wakesurfing and learn some stuff. I am very into wakeboarding and can surf and everything but it seems like the boards i ride are to big.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-19-2008, 10:44 PM Reply   
I would look at something in the low 4' range. Go for something more beginner and progress form there. The COEX is a 4'4", that may work for you. I'm sure Jeff Walker will have some better recommendations too, I know his wife rides some short surfers. What size boards have you been riding?
Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       06-20-2008, 8:44 PM Reply   
I rode the CWB ride and some old school hyperlite that was a friends. I can go without the rope and not lose the ride, I can pump the wake and am can get a little bit of air. I want to try 3's but don't know were to start. I guess I just need to huck one.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-20-2008, 10:50 PM Reply   
There are alot of surfers to choose from. I'll try and find the link, but I started a thread a while back and we all compiled the different companies and shapers making boards, you currently have around 30 I believe to choose from. If you can, go check out some shops and maybe try and demo some. Thats the best way IMO. Call around and see. I'm pretty sure there are also some sub 4' boards out there, but that may be a little small to begin with.

If you want to do 3's, I think a skim board is easier to learn on, they can be done on both style boards though, just takes some practice. Keep at it, you'll get it.