Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (jms)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-27-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
I am looking at reupholstering my 92 MC Maristar 210. All the seat cushions NEED to be replaced, but the sideboards and seatbacks are OK. Ideally I would like to redo the whole boat but cost may not make that possible. Anyone recently reupholster their boat? How much did you spend? Anything to watch out for?
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-27-2007, 10:26 AM Reply   
I priced it once and just materials and me doing it myself was gonna run around $2000
Old     (eric_ms)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-27-2007, 2:48 PM Reply   
Wow with everything out the door from a local guy 600 out the door.
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-27-2007, 3:44 PM Reply   
$1500 about 80% redone, no skins. $600 is stupid cheap. I think the marine vinyl was that much at cost.
Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-27-2007, 8:34 PM Reply   
we just redid a 21' deck boat for just under 600, with all piping, trim, and marine grade vinyl.
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-28-2007, 8:34 AM Reply   
Crazy. I was quoted $5200 for mine through a shop. I went through an individual for the above pricing.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-28-2007, 8:43 AM Reply   
If you're gonna do it don't go cheap
Old     (jms)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-28-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
Cody-

Who did the work for you? Did it turn out good? I live south of Iowa City so I am not to far from you. Where do you ride, Red Rock?
Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-28-2007, 9:25 AM Reply   
i work for my grandpa at centerville tent and awning. i think he is the best upholsterer this side of des moines. he is very particular almost way more than any of his customers. you can call and i will give you directions. if you can make it down sometime we can look at your boat and i'll give you a pull. and red rock, no thanks i like to protect my vitals, we ride at lake rathbun, iowa's ocean, or sometimes on the des moines river by ottumwa.
Old     (jms)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-28-2007, 2:14 PM Reply   
Thanks for the invite but I don't think I will be able to make it down this season to ride, but after the season is over I would like to come down and see about the upholstry. I am guessing the the $600 on your boat was materials only, right?

I see from your profile that you are also and engineer. What type? I am Civil and work at a consultant in Muscatine.
Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-28-2007, 4:24 PM Reply   
no, thats all labor also. the guy had already taken the pads and seats out of the boat and put them back in himself, that saved him some money. it will probably cost more to redo an open bow ski boat than a deck boat, and i won't be able to give you an exact quote until we see the boat and discuss the designs and what not but i think that we should be able to come to a reasonable price, i would guess around 1000 and say under 1500 almost definatly.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       09-28-2007, 6:12 PM Reply   
we had our boat redone by chi at malibu for 1800 i belive. full boat and carpet