Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (gregdreambig)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-12-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
Ok, I'm new to the board and new OK. I did a search for OK riders but what I found was a thread from '06. I am located in Ardmore, Ok. Which is about 1.5 hours south of OKC and 1.5 hours north of Dallas, TX

Are there any riders that ride Lake Murray. That is the closest lake to me.

Looking to make a few friends that love to wakeboard.

Greg
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       12-12-2008, 3:52 PM Reply   
you should drive up here to okc at the cable.... there closed till march but they got bought out and suied by boat and rv world and now they own it and its going to be really nice next year! im pumped and there going to build a motorcross track, skatepark, and other things. they may even be building a boat lake. but you also have the new dwf cablepark thats going up. i heard it was going to be really cool too.
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-12-2008, 7:01 PM Reply   
From Ardmore I say hit up Murray, Arbuckle, or Texoma for some close good lakes.
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       12-12-2008, 8:56 PM Reply   
alot of people from the DFW area come to Murray....that is one of the best places in the state.
Old     (gregdreambig)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-15-2008, 9:20 AM Reply   
Murray is where I would ride. the only down side is I just moved here and I don't have a boat.

zach - i might come check out the cable park next year. I have never been to a cable park but would love to try it.

Doug - Do a lot of people really come to murray? They have a bunch of lakes between here and there. Grapevine, Lewisville, Ray Hubbard, and Lavon. Don't get me wrong that's awesome if they do. I would love to meet some new people and board with them.

Greg
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-15-2008, 9:32 AM Reply   
greg, grew up in ardmore and skied at lake murray all the time.

we get down there once or twice in the summer.

nick pic of tucker's tower in your pofile. looks like you are standing at the old comp ski cover.
Old     (gregdreambig)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-15-2008, 10:40 AM Reply   
insuranceman (don't know your name)

I love your X2 in your profile. I am looking to get one of those in 09. I just got back from the mastercraft factory tour last week. It was sweet!
Old     (tyler11boats)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-15-2008, 10:49 AM Reply   
Hey Greg I live on Lake Texoma, we usually ride on weekdays during the summer.. always looking for new riders! Look me up when it gets warmer! There's nothing like being in the mid 70's yesterday and in the 20's today!
Old     (gregdreambig)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-15-2008, 11:04 AM Reply   
tyler,

no kidding! I almost tried to find someone to get on the water yesterday! I just moved here in September and haven't been on my board since.

Greg
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       12-15-2008, 4:17 PM Reply   
Greg, check out www.dallaswakeboarding.com there are quite a few that make the trip during the summer.. also some pilgrimages to Broken Bow.
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-15-2008, 4:30 PM Reply   
greg, sorry i doubt you would know me. i know live in tulsa. my father still lives in ardmore east of the city. it was about 15-20 minutes to the ramp at the lake. pretty much grew up on murray. from skiing the course over in the comp cove to jumping off the metal tower by the dam.

will try to get down next summer and bring he x2 and let you know so you can get a pull.

db
Old     (gregdreambig)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-16-2008, 7:50 AM Reply   
db,

That would be awesome!! Just let me know when you are headed down and I will meet up with you!
Old    tythurston            12-16-2008, 1:30 PM Reply   
Hey Greg,

This is Tyler from Wilson Watersports. My boss just sent you an email. We have several customers on lake murray that we could hook you up to ride with. We would love for you to come up and check out our showroom and take you on a test drive.

You can contact me or Todd

trthurston@mac.com
wilsonwatersports2003@yahoo.com

We are having a huge Christmas Promotion and would love to get you in a boat.