Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (waverider)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-05-2010, 9:47 PM Reply   
I got a 2001 Supra Launch DD. I want to throw like a 200-300 sac in the rear locker (pic attached), but the locker is above the fuel tank, so I'm wondering if there's a limit on what weight to put in there. I also heard from some other people. Thanks
Attached Images

Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       10-06-2010, 8:40 AM Reply   
From your other thread.......

I have a 2000 Launch. We run the hard tank in the back filled. I found a sac that was made for the rear storage locker on ebay, I believe the dimensions are 70x16x16, it is approx 400 lbs.

One more thing - don't put more than 100 lbs in the trunk (rear ski locker). It is directly over the gas tank and it is not reinforced at all. That is the max trunk weight I was quoted by Supra.

Your best bet might be PMing the 2 guys who made those posts in your thread. Or contact Supra yourself if you don't believe the guy who made that 2nd statement. We never put any weight in that locker when we had our Launch DD. Also maybe it is just me but wouldn't it be easier to keep all the discussions about your boat to one thread? That way you can find all the info you want/need in one place.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-06-2010, 8:42 AM Reply   
The locker has a floor on it so it should add to any crush strength the tank has on it's own. It's also a very even load, being water weight, and 200# is not much weight.
I would not hesitate. You could drop some 3/8" marine plywood on the bottom for even more protection.
Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-06-2010, 9:09 AM Reply   
I have a 97 SunSport which is the same hull as yours and my locker looks just like yours. I have been running a sac that more or less fills that compartment for the past two years with no problems. The sac actually pushes the lid up 3 or 4 inches when it is full. I am guessing it is around 400 lbs.