Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-10-2009, 8:46 AM Reply   
I think this ad appeared here before, Im not sure. Would you buy this guy's boat? I wonder why he hasnt sold it yet?

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/boa/1260386833.html
Old     (ncsumalibu)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-10-2009, 8:52 AM Reply   
I hope that was sarcasm in your post. I bought a 02 vlx for $23,000 in perfect condition with 154 hrs.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-10-2009, 8:56 AM Reply   
that's a STEAL!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-10-2009, 8:56 AM Reply   
Nice boat with low hours but I agree a little high on the price.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-10-2009, 8:57 AM Reply   
overpriced due to ego, it's obvious when you read the add. When his love affair with the boat ends and he gets real with the price it will sell. I would put the value at $28k, no more.

You can get a 2 year old boat with a few more hours with a current tower for less. My buddy has a 2005 VLX he is selling for $33k at the end of the summer.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-10-2009, 9:11 AM Reply   
My local dealer has a brand new 08 Vride for $37k. Thats why an 02 won't sell for that price.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-10-2009, 9:12 AM Reply   
I think it's WAY too big ego, not to mention being a pompous ass!
Old     (jackeh)      Join Date: May 2008       07-10-2009, 9:17 AM Reply   
he says "no crack smokers", anyone else think he is the one smoking crack?
Old     (adam)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-10-2009, 9:20 AM Reply   
LOL.. guys.. im sure he is joking.. I mean, there is probably truth to not wanting to trade for anything, but im sure its just part of the craigslist reputation.. lol

place an ad for 3,000 obo and get offered 1,200 and a cigarette.. lol
Old     (jackeh)      Join Date: May 2008       07-10-2009, 9:23 AM Reply   
hahahaha
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-10-2009, 9:56 AM Reply   
That's funny.

What else is funny is that I'm pretty sure I saw far more pink purple and lavender Malibus than any other boat manufacturer.

(not that there's anything wrong with that.)
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-10-2009, 9:56 AM Reply   
I'm sure he's just tired of the dbags that frequent craigslist waisting peoples time.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-10-2009, 10:04 AM Reply   
At his list price I wouldn't be to concerned with being hassled. Is this the dude that had pictures of it beached in his last ad?
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       07-10-2009, 10:15 AM Reply   
Over the top with arrogance....yes, but you got to let people know you don't want to trade them for all their garbage.

I sold my fully loaded 07 CTD Ram on craigslist but waisted plenty of time with yahoos wanting to trade me livestock or some property in BFE. I even had a guy seriously email me wanting to trade me strait across for an 05 F150 with twice the miles.......because it was easier to turn around.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-10-2009, 10:22 AM Reply   
I gotta say.... I like the guy already and I've never met him.

There are a lot of tire kickers on Craigslist. I've got no problem being up front. I've done the same in my ads, although, never quite as thoroughly. LOL!!
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-10-2009, 10:37 AM Reply   
Price is high,but I get it.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-10-2009, 12:21 PM Reply   
I'm thinking about calling him and offering him $40,000 for it. I will insist on a lavender colored anchor......And I'll tell him that I smoke crack........

I dont know why I posted that.....
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-10-2009, 12:46 PM Reply   
It's the price you pay for using craigslist...

- people who email "call me 555-1212" and don't even include a subject line. Yeah, right.

- people who want to chat for 1/2 hour on the phone or when they come to buy something.

- people who want to haggle on price, but can't make change for the price they want to pay.

- people who pretend like they're writing the directions down, and then just start calling when they get close. Bonus points for their phone batteries dying, car breaking down, or stopping for more beer on the way and showing up totally wasted.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-10-2009, 1:14 PM Reply   
I've had nothing but good experiences with selling stuff on Craigslist. Sure you get some scamers when selling big ticket items, but those e-mails are easy to delete. I do take a few precautions though...

1. I don't give them exact direction (just what part of town) and then tell them to call me when they get close. It's not going to deter a real thief from just getting my address and then stealing what I have for sale, but it might deter the lazy thief.

2. I always pull my cars inside the garage, shut my garage door, and move the item into the driveway. No reason to let them see what I have in the garage (even though it's not much lol)

3. I put my .45 in my pocket.

I have sold TV stuff, stereo stuff, sporting goods, and each person so far has been totally normal and very nice....knock on wood.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-10-2009, 1:20 PM Reply   
do you seriously put a gun in your pocket when someone comes to buy something?
Old     (ncsumalibu)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-10-2009, 1:23 PM Reply   
I carry Legally daily. Not long ago there was a group of guys advertising motorcycles on craigslist here in NC and when the potential buyer showed up they would rob them. Stands to reason it could work the other way around.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-10-2009, 1:24 PM Reply   
I have nothing but great experiences in buying and selling from craigslist.. I love the site!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-10-2009, 1:28 PM Reply   
^^^Yes but selling on it can be a nightmare.
Old     (adam)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-10-2009, 1:37 PM Reply   
When I meet up to buy or sell something from craigslist, I always carry my gun too... you never know.

I've never needed it so far...
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-10-2009, 1:44 PM Reply   
OI - I sure do!

I'm in the process of getting my concealed weapons permit for my state so I can legally carry concealed. I live in a nice neighborhood in a "good part of town" but that doesn't mean anything. Bad things can happen to anyone, at anyplace, during anytime. I am not some crazy paranoid person, I just don't have a lot of trust for people I don't know. There are tons of crazy people in this world and you can't be too careful.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-10-2009, 2:34 PM Reply   
67 hours on an 02 and he pretends like he knows something about boats.

He's about 8-10k off the mark, don't care how few hours are on it.
Old     (mtpockets)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-10-2009, 2:53 PM Reply   
I have tow new 08's for 43K. Probably not as many options but I think he's a little high in priceUpload this is a lsv but same colors
Upload
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-10-2009, 3:41 PM Reply   
I sold my sweet mint condition 04 Malibu VLX for 29,000 in march. :-(

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-12-2009, 4:39 PM Reply   
I have had great luck on CL too. Buying and selling. If we don't feel like telling the caller where we live, then we meet them at the neighborhood grocery store. We've bought & sold everything from cars, boats, boards, SkySkis, appliances, cell phones, plants, animals, and most recently a golf cart. And in multiple markets including Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Redding, & Minneapolis. Yea, we get a yahoo or two, but their easily weeded out just like any other local ad service available.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-12-2009, 8:24 PM Reply   
I love Craigslist. One hundred roses usually get me...
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-12-2009, 8:32 PM Reply   
that cat is funny as hell!!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-14-2009, 9:38 AM Reply   
Mike that Blue and White Bu is pretty cool. What's the Short V drive bu? It looks like a 24-7 but its only like 20 or 21 feet. I like that one.
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-14-2009, 10:06 AM Reply   
G that's the VTX, supper roomy for a 20 foot boat.
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-14-2009, 10:16 AM Reply   
my favorite is the immediate call telling you they are coming to get it - and to "please take the ad down." That buys them a few hours to search for more items that are a better deal. Then when you call to see where they are they are still at home "waiting for their ride." The way I've been selling things lately with more luck is to say I'm out of town for the next day or two - and I'll contact them when I'm back. Then I have a list of phone numbers from which I pick the seemingly most normal person. It also lets me know how much bargaining I'm willing to do.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-14-2009, 10:21 AM Reply   
Damn keith. I was looking hard at your VLX. I wish now, that I would have made an offer!
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-14-2009, 10:46 AM Reply   
I don't meet anyone at my house, I sold a Thunderbird Supercoupe a few years back and it blew a head gasket a week after I sold it. I had met the person at my house and they showed back up all crazy, had to call the police. There was nothing wrong with the car from when we bought it new to when we sold it. For now on I meet people at the Wal-Mart and bring an extra person incase I need a ride home if I drove whatever I was selling.
Old     (lakepirate)      Join Date: May 2007       07-14-2009, 11:55 AM Reply   
^^^^^^Yeah, that's definitely the way to go. Meet somewhere in public, with a lot of people around, preferably in the daytime. And bring a buddy. That's the safest way to Craigslist.....
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-14-2009, 4:47 PM Reply   
no.....for that you can get a lot newer
Old     (wakerider42)      Join Date: May 2002       07-14-2009, 4:48 PM Reply   
This guy is definitely crazy thinking he's gonna get anywhere near $37,000 for that boat, even with the low hours. And if he does, the buyer is a moron.

Back to Cragislist...I learned my lesson about trying to give anything away, holy hell! I finished a sod install and had quite a bit left over, so I figured I would give it away instead of just tossing it - you know, be a nice guy. Yeah everybody comes out of the wordworks for free crap. And it's all these people who are like "Oh yeah man, my lawn sucks, so yeah I'll fire this in there." It's like, dude, there's a reason your lawn sucks, and just plowing this on top of what's there is probably going to result in similar suckiness. My freakin' phone blew up literally like 15 times in less than 30 minutes while I was out trying to have dinner. Never again. I ended up giving it to some tweaker white trash guy who came and drove up the empty lot next to me straight BOMBING in his 2WD Chevy blasting sand/dirt all into the street and digging giant holes. Wow. It was definitely not worth the effort I had to put into it.