Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (michaelb)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-10-2009, 5:32 PM Reply   
i'm lookin to upgrade from my 06 lf team i can't decide between the 08 Hyperlite or the 08 sub 6 thinkin of buyin later this year or next.also open to suggestions.what would you get.

(Message edited by michaelb on February 10, 2009)
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-10-2009, 5:36 PM Reply   
08 Hyperlite = ?

Be a little more specific on what you want in a board too.
Old     (tommmyd)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-10-2009, 5:37 PM Reply   
What 08 Hyperlite or did they call one the Hyperlite last year?
Old     (michaelb)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-10-2009, 7:21 PM Reply   
Well i feel like a idiot.I meant to say 08 Hyperlite Murray or the Hyperlite sub 6.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-10-2009, 7:43 PM Reply   
It's all good, depends on what you want most though, soft landings and good pop ? I would say the Sub 6 is the best bet but I don't know too much about the Murray so yea.
Old     (premier135rider)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-10-2009, 8:33 PM Reply   
If you are looking at a ride similar to your team, the sub 6 would def be a better choice! Fast, with good pop and softer landings... The murray will be a little slower but pop harder...so depends if you are looking for a little bit of a change or something similar....

Adam @ performance ski and surf

(Message edited by premier135rider on February 10, 2009)
Old     (michaelb)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-10-2009, 9:25 PM Reply   
well i love Mr.Murray's product's and i have only heard good thing about his 08 board.The sub 6 is suppose to be like the next generation of Hyperlite boards.So I can't decide so I'm asking for personel experience or rumors or whatever,good,bad,ugly about each board.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-11-2009, 11:33 PM Reply   
I have not ridden the Sub 6 but I love the Murray. I tried about 15 or so boards last year and couldn't find something close to my favorite board of all time, a Double Up Pure Ride. Greg Nelson (one of the greatest designers ever) and Shaun got together to work on the 08 board (same as 09) and it's the BEST board I have ever been on, and I am super picky. It's the only board I felt I didn't have to get used to. I hopped on it the first time and had a great set. Same story with others we convince to try it at our camp. Nearly everyone we put on that board, buys it.