Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-30-2007, 12:39 PM Reply   
As if our experience with our Supra 21V hasnt already been bad enough, might as well chalk up another problem.

We ordered and received in April 06', since then we have had a motor mount shift causing the prop shaft be bent, numerous electrical problems with accessories, ballast switches, a bad breaker panel etc. Now yesterday we were out and heard a faint wining noise coming from the Vdrive. We immediately checked the fluid level and it was normal. We keep going and notice the noise getting louder. We finally had to cut and run early because it started to slip and rev up and than catch again every time we accelerated. I can only assume the Vdrive is toast. Reverse is all but gone unless you hammer it. I'm sure my boat will be at the dealership for a few weeks since parts seem to be shipped to them by foot from Tennessee. UUGGH!!!Just venting everybody. I have heard of other 21v owners who have never had a problem. Our boat has spent three out of the twelve months we've owned it sitting at the dealer for repairs. Just bad luck I guess.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-30-2007, 3:32 PM Reply   
Sounds like a tranny, the V-drive is just a gear box really. Slipping like that would be transmission.

I feel ya. Maybe it's time to ask Supra for a buy back and talk to them about a loaner boat at least while this one is in the shop. This is simply not right, but unfortunately, it can happen
Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-30-2007, 3:38 PM Reply   
I'd love to but SC never responds to me even if I email directly to Mr. Tinker. I hate to mention that but I am at witts end with this boat.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-30-2007, 3:56 PM Reply   
The SC guys look at this forum a lot. I doubt they will stay silent long.
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-30-2007, 6:30 PM Reply   
Well you should at least get a loner boat while yours is in the shop... Sounds like you got a lemon though.
Old     (rickt)      Join Date: May 2002       06-30-2007, 6:52 PM Reply   
Ghatfield,

I sent you a PM through Wakeworld.

Our apologies,

Rick
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-30-2007, 6:54 PM Reply   
ronia had her out of warranty supra blister problem discussed at length on here and a mr tinker responded to the post explaining in detail why(very understandably)they would not fix the blisters...do a search for that thread i think its subject was what would you do?
Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-30-2007, 9:08 PM Reply   
That situation is not like this one at all. Negligence and not following the proper procedures with your boat is one thing. My issues are another.
Old    dabigkahuna            06-30-2007, 9:23 PM Reply   
What constitutes a "lemon" boat anyways?
Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-30-2007, 10:53 PM Reply   
Out of cursiousity what di Rick offer? You posted after his PM, but did not give any mention of his response. Being a Supra owner I am very curious to hear how they dealt with the issue.

I am impressed with Mr. Tinkers interest in WW.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-01-2007, 9:59 AM Reply   
GH
i was not saying it was the same situation.
and i have to laugh...tinkers post beat mine by 2 minutes dudes on the ball.
Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-03-2007, 8:44 AM Reply   
Rick,
I sent you an email this morning. Let me know if you received it.

Thanks again
Geoff
Old     (rickt)      Join Date: May 2002       07-03-2007, 11:56 AM Reply   
Geoff,

Sorry, still haven't got it. Our customer service manager said you and he briefly talked yesterday. I have asked him to call you again to see if we can get you headed in the right direction.

Rick
Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-03-2007, 7:42 PM Reply   
Something must be up with hotmail being filtered out, not sure why my emails dont reach you. Regardless, Rob did contact me. Thank you for initiating that. Hopefully we can get it all dialed quickly so we can get back on the water in this 114 degree heat!! :-)
Geoff
Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-07-2007, 11:23 AM Reply   
Well, the dealer took the boat out and ran it and confirmed. The tranny is done. They said they will be getting with indmar to get a replacement. Good times!!!! I dont understand how a tranny can go out in a year. We dont slam the boat with weight and always check fluid levels etc. Bad egg I guess.