Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-15-2007, 6:51 PM Reply   
10) Fresh water tastes better
9) No crowds trying to catch the same wave
8) No paddling to catch the wave
7) No paddling back out to catch the next wave
6) Endless wave
5) Waves where ever you have water
4) Wave when you want them
3) No jellies
2) No sharks
1) http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/04/15/sealion.attack.ap/index.html
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-15-2007, 6:54 PM Reply   
OK really this was a wakesurfing incident - bizarre!
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-16-2007, 7:17 AM Reply   
I have been harrassed by seals a few times. I have had them pull my leash with their mouth and pull me backwards while paddeling. I thought I was stuck on a rock. My friend was knocked off his board when a seal hit him from the bottom. The best was being chased out of the water by a HUGE Elephant Seal on the north coast of Santa Cruz. We heard a load noise like someone trying to kickstart a Harley. We looked around and there was a Elephant Seal charging at us. He got about 15' from us and dove under water. He popped up again and did it again and again until we were onshore. I guess there was a pup around.
Wadd$
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-17-2007, 10:19 PM Reply   
And its super easy anybody can do it
Old     (lowriders928)      Join Date: May 2006       04-20-2007, 2:19 PM Reply   
2 reasons Surfing is far superior
1st. Real Waves aren't duplicated or manufactured. you have to be there in that right time and place for the magic to happen.
2nd. Size matters. I was discussing with a PRO wakeboarder about the inequities of pay between pro wakeboarders and pro surfers. I pionted out that when I ride behind his x-star with 3,000 lbs of weight I am a little out of my comfort zone but will certainly take my turn. If Jamie O'Brien said hey bro surfs up it's beautiful 8' backdoor pipeline I would have to decline because I like to remain alive for my children. I have only been surfing for over twenty years but the truth is the truth. if you surf you knowUpload
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-21-2007, 8:12 AM Reply   
wow James --
that shot makes me homesick for CA.
if only more mornings were like that!
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-21-2007, 8:39 AM Reply   
...and you can't get any of this behind a boat. It doesn't get much better then being a goofyfoot in California during a good south swell.
(pic 3 is my favorite. that spot was by far the best I've ever seen it)

http://www.surfline.com/surfnews/photo_bamp.cfm?id=8826&ad=1