Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old    bocephus            03-10-2006, 12:16 PM Reply   
My speakers came today:

Upload
2 pairs of Pioneer TS-D691R's
2 pairs of Pioneer TS-D161R's

Any suggestions on what amp to use. I am putting the four 6x9's on the tower and replacing the existing speakers in the boat. I was planning on using the Clarion APX480M marine amp to run the 6x9's and my Clarion deck to run the four 6.5's. After looking at the speakers though I think I might need an additional amp for the 6.5's. Maybe another Clarion two channel. I was planning on running two of the 6x9's in parallel on each side of the tower, will this work? That setup would run them at 2 ohms each right?

I think I did pretty good on the speakers, I paid $362.35 for all eight from a place called Barney's on eBay. They were very easy to deal with.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan
Old    bocephus            03-10-2006, 1:29 PM Reply   
Forgot to ask, am I going to need a second battery? Will a Kraco 6x50 watt amp work?
Old     (mattyboyr6)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-10-2006, 1:34 PM Reply   
These going in the MB? I thought you were selling it. Sorry I don't know a thing about speakers amps and the like
Old    bocephus            03-10-2006, 1:44 PM Reply   
Yes they are going in the MB, I figure it's going to take all summer to sell the damn thing. The speakers in it now are terrible. This all depends if I go off on March 22 when I bring it in for an annual service and trade it in for a new SAN 210. I'm trying to watch my budget though and am trying to talk myself out of the SAN until mine is sold. I think it would be wiser just to buy a used Sanger. I just went off and bought new flooring for my house too. The landscaping needs to be done also. The list goes on and on!!

The yellow speakers will go nicely with the yellow in the MB. For those of you who can't tell, I was joking about the Kraco....
Upload

(Message edited by bocephus on March 10, 2006)
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-10-2006, 1:54 PM Reply   
what casings are u using for your tower speaks
Old    bocephus            03-10-2006, 1:58 PM Reply   
We are building them out of, don't laugh, aluminium and ACRYLIC. My buddy owns a machine shop and we are going make a aluminium face plate with an acrylic profiled backing. It should be the only acrylic enclosure out there. We can light the entire enclosure up with about 8 LED's if want to. The entire enclosure will illuminate. The 6x9's are very heavy though, they have huge magnets and crossovers on them.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-10-2006, 2:03 PM Reply   
sounds good man, be sure and post some pics of the final product
Old    bocephus            03-10-2006, 3:44 PM Reply   
Any advice on the amps?
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-10-2006, 3:51 PM Reply   
NO Kraco!!! MTX,Kicker are low cost amps and are ok quality( circut city )
Old     (elleduke)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-13-2006, 9:44 AM Reply   
IMO...Ebay amps are the way to go. I got the MTX MXA 6004 and MXA 6001 (refurbed) but new and am very happy with them. Also you dont feel as bad if they get damaged from either water, stolen, or other.