Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old    heavywake            01-31-2005, 9:07 AM Reply   
The two compartments on each side of the motor say MAX WEIGHT 75 LBS. I know people are placing fat sacs in there. Has anyone had any issues with that? Also has anyone plumbed sacs together with the hard tanks under the floor? Or would you plumb them seperately?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-31-2005, 9:12 AM Reply   
There was just a post on that either on here or Wakeboarder.com. To make a long story short the floors are not re-enforced to hold ballast. I think they can hold them when the below deck tanks are full, but if those tanks are empty the ballast you put in the compartments could force the others to collapse and Malibu will not warranty them.. Might need to re-enforce the floor or just be ultra careful that you fill those bags last and drain them first....
Old    penny4urthots            02-04-2005, 12:16 AM Reply   
Huh???? I have never had a problem with this at all. Can you be more specific??

Run the weight you'll be stoked.... If it breaks come see me I will get Malibu to warranty it. Salinas Valley m A r I n E.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-04-2005, 6:52 AM Reply   
Linc Corda - This is 05 VLX we are talking about... Check it out... Cause they moved the ballast below deck...
Old    nightrider            02-04-2005, 1:02 PM Reply   
I HAVE AN 05 VLX, AND WAS OUT ON IT LAST WEEKEND WITH SL 680'S IN THE REAR COMPARTMENTS PART WAY FILLED, MAYBE 150 TO 200LBS. I LEFT THEM IN THERE UNTILL YESTERDAY, WHEN I TOOK THEM OUT BECAUSE OF THIS POST. MY FLOORS ARE FINE AND FROM WHAT I COULD SEE, I DID NOT SEE AND WARPING OF THE PANNELS OR TANKS.

I HAVE HAD THE SACKS COMPLETLY FULL, AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEM. AFTER SPEAKING WITH A DEALER I DON'T KNOW IF I WILL CONSISTANTLY DO THAT COME SUMMER, BUT I AM KEEPING A HEADS UP! A 75 LBS WEIGHT LIMIT DOES NOT SEEM VERY MUCH FOR THE SIZE OF THOSE STORAGE AREAS.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-04-2005, 2:16 PM Reply   
I removed my rear stock tanks and replaced them with 600s. No problems here.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-04-2005, 3:16 PM Reply   
apparently bu is confident that you only need 200 on each side of the motor in the back under the floor. I thought the whole idea was to create space in the rear compartments and not to have sacs in the back.

So you still need sacs in an '05 to make the wake up to par?

They know people are going to sac their boats.

Why would they not reinforce the floor to hold the sacs?

If this is case I guess I do not need an '05, 'cause my '01 wake is huge......
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-04-2005, 3:29 PM Reply   
Sure no problems now but what about in a year? Or 2 years?
Old    nightrider            02-04-2005, 4:31 PM Reply   
THE WAKE IS BETTER THAN PAR, EVEN WITHOUT THE SACKS. THE ABILITY TO TAKE SOMETHING ALREADY ABOVE AVERAGE AND MAKE IT BETTER IS WHAT YOU ACCOMPLISH WITH ADDING WEIGHT TO THE "05" VLX. I THINK YOU JUST NEED TO FIND SOME OTHER SPOT FOR THE SACKS. IT SUCKS TO PUT THEM IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR FLOOR BUT THE SACRAFICE IS WORTH IT WHEN YOU ARE HITTING WAKE THE SIZE OF A SMALL CAR.... OK MAYBE THATS A LITTLE CRAZY....SORRY!
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-04-2005, 5:12 PM Reply   
They are just covering themselves from warranty issues, as well as problems if someone overloads it and the boat sinks. If you are really worried just cut a pick of plywood and carpet it and lay it in there for more support. I reinforced my floor with some plywood underneeth and installed the hard tanks from the old vlx. Funny thing is when I took the floor out there were footprints on the tanks, so obviously there had been more than 75 pounds on there at one point.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-04-2005, 6:14 PM Reply   
Who has an '05? How much wieght have you put in it and where for the best wake?
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-04-2005, 6:46 PM Reply   
Are you allowed to stand in the locker?

If the floor can take the weight of a 200 lb man on his feet then it will likely handle more water weight spread out over more area.

Also, I can't imagine how having the tanks under the floor full will help much unless the are 100% filled and sealed off.
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-04-2005, 7:27 PM Reply   
Technically you aren't but you have to to work on the engine and the factory does...I spoke with the factory before adding the vRide tanks and was warned that if the lower tanks bow or break they won't be warranted, but that if you reinforce the floor and make it so the upper tank fills after and drains prior to the lower tank you will be fine.

wakehypewhere did you get 600 pound tanks and how did you get them in?