Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    budandfun            06-22-2004, 1:09 PM Reply   
Hello, I am looking to buy a open bow boat and something like a 23ft with a potty. It has to have a potty or my wife says I can’t get one… O well..

Anyway my question is what kind of loans do banks have for a used boat?

And what would I miss by not buying a wakeboard boat like Supra, MC so on..

This would be my first boat to own and any other advise would be grateful..

Thank you for your time

Frank

(Message edited by budandfun on June 22, 2004)
Old    chavezychavez            06-22-2004, 1:14 PM Reply   
Frank, a whole lot of the 23 foot runabouts (open bow) have a crapper. Chapparal is the first to come to mind, along with Four Winns and Sea Ray. My 24+ footer had one and it was a nice little convenience when we were in nomansland out on Lake Mead.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-22-2004, 3:12 PM Reply   
Frank,

What you give up with an I/O...is a better tow boat. An inboard is designed to do one thing great and than is tow people. That may be skiers or wakeboarders...but that is what they do. Small soft wake, large firm wake, hella torq out of the hole, bla...bla...bla.

What you get with an I/O is comfort and a boat that does a lot of things well. When towing they are harder to hold speed with(easily taken care of with Perfect Pass) and the wake is softer(some with quite a bit of wash).

Everything is a tradeoff.... No big deal, having a boat is better than not having a boat. If given the choice, my wife would trade our boat for a Cobalt 240 tomorrow...

Just as a side note.... Does your wife enjoy boating? Swimming? I have been peeing in lakes for the better part of 33 years and never had anything swim "up there" yet...

E.J.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-22-2004, 3:24 PM Reply   
Ej!? You pee in the lake? Gross!

B-
Old    absolutofft            06-22-2004, 3:55 PM Reply   
Don't some of the old maristars come with a potty?
Old    bobbymucic            06-22-2004, 4:00 PM Reply   
Malibu 25 LSV had a potty?
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-22-2004, 5:03 PM Reply   
We're in a drought B....anything I can do to help...

E.J.