Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                04-24-2004, 7:54 AM Reply   
Is it possible to try a 1 wake small 360 for my first 360?. or do you have to hit it hard enough to clear both wakes and spin. Id like to slow the boat down and attemp the trick one wake--anybody done this before?
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-25-2004, 8:16 PM Reply   
you can probably try and do it one wake, but going wake to wake is much easier. For your first 360, do a TS FS 360 because you don't have to pass the handle, you can just land it wrapped.
Whatever you do, don't slow the boat down, because the wake will become white washy and will not be like the wake to wake 3.
Hope this helps!
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       04-26-2004, 8:00 AM Reply   
Actually, doing a one wake 360 is easier, that's why it is less points in a tournament. If you want to try to get the feeling of turning your back to the boat, I would recommend doing a one wake 360 with either way that you can picture it in your mind (HS/TS). Along with what Matt said, I wouldn't slow down the boat, and if you are comfortable going wake to wake, then I would just try it that way. It's really not that much of a difference if you have your fundamentals down.
Old                04-26-2004, 6:20 PM Reply   
Matt, when u say "just land it wrapped" what does that mean? Don;t u have to pass the rope to the other hand either way?
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-26-2004, 7:14 PM Reply   
elisabeth, when you land wrapped you don't pass the handle, just wrap your hand around like this:

land wrapped

this is actually the end of a bs180, but it's the same as a ts fs 3 landing.
Old                04-28-2004, 12:42 PM Reply   
OHH okay.That helped quite a bit. Now hopefully I can pull it off on the water.Thanks.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-28-2004, 2:38 PM Reply   
well despite what matt said i think most would concur that landing wrapped is harder than handle-passing. especially on the hs 3.

i've done ts 3s, but still yet to land a ts 3 wrapped.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       04-28-2004, 2:51 PM Reply   
Chris have you ever seen someone land a hs fs 3 wrapped?
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-28-2004, 3:45 PM Reply   
not in person, but quite a few times in vids.
Old                05-09-2004, 7:59 AM Reply   
Wrapping is too hard for a beginner unless he has like uber edge control.

Get your blind 180s down so you get used to passing the handle. Once youve managed that go from there. Remember to lead with your head and shoulders and then with your hips.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       05-10-2004, 8:36 AM Reply   
I would say doing a hs fs 360 landing wrapped is quite beyond most advanced riders

(Message edited by canaday on May 10, 2004)