Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (rmack)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-28-2008, 3:11 PM Reply   
I need to get a new boat cover for my 2000 malibu lsv with tower. I don't feel comfortable ordering a cover on-line (how would they know exactly where the tower mounts are?) because the titan tower was an after market install. Any help on getting a cover in Michigan (oakland county are)? I don't want to go to my dealer, I don't have a problem with them but I do have issues with the person they use for making covers, not the best quality.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-28-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
Go to evolutiontowers.com. to check them out. The guy that makes them is Cory. I talked to him yesterday for quite a while. He seemed like a really good guy. From what I hear his work is top notch. He has done a lot of Malibus. I am guessing that he has your boats template. You may have to measure for the tower mounts but he should be able to explain that. He also has a great warranty. The sunbrella material has a 5 year warranty and he has a 10 year warranty on his work. He is going to make a cover for my father's 83 mastercraft.
Old     (rmack)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-28-2008, 5:36 PM Reply   
I'll check him out, thank you.
Old     (mr_nuggieborn)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-28-2008, 5:44 PM Reply   
Bakes Marine Center is the Malibu dealership in Washington and they recently added an in house Upholstery shop. They made my neighbor a bimini and a custom cover and so far it has been the best fitting cover I have seen.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-28-2008, 5:45 PM Reply   
I can't help you out with a place to get one but definitely get one made of Sunbrella and make sure that it has the ratcheting system in the back rather than the under hull straps. This will allow you to tow with the cover on and not have to worry about rubbing.
Old    alanp            03-28-2008, 6:08 PM Reply   
did you know there is a current group buy going on for rankin covers? check the threads below. great opportunity to save some money and get an awesome cover.(dont worry you have to send them about 10 measurements before they will make the cover)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-28-2008, 6:38 PM Reply   
evolutioncovers.com isn't it?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-28-2008, 6:58 PM Reply   
I don't think Cory does covers for boats that old.