Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (brian_young)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-19-2012, 6:10 PM Reply   
Doesn't look like Greenwood is on the LF team anymore? At least they are still making the Witness, Laferty and Cook are are riding it.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-19-2012, 7:10 PM Reply   
since... when? this is news to me. howd ya find out?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-19-2012, 8:10 PM Reply   
Look on the LF website under 2013 team members.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-19-2012, 8:27 PM Reply   
That ship cray! Who was his board sponsor before LF? Cuz that's the only one i ever saw him with
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-19-2012, 9:45 PM Reply   
LF dropped Benny G? Huh. Hopefully another board sponsor snags him up quick. SS or Ronix perhaps?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-19-2012, 10:40 PM Reply   
didn't something like this happen last year and then he ended up still being with LF? or am i the only one imagining some rumors a year ago or more?
Old     (brian_young)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-20-2012, 6:52 AM Reply   
I noticed on LF's 2013 site. Looks like they have some new talent, but Greenwood is missing. Last year, if i remember correctly, there were rumors floating around that he was no longer on the team. Then then the 2012 website released and he was still there. Not the case for 2013. If anyone picks him up, I would bet on Humanoid.
Old     (thescott)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-20-2012, 7:45 AM Reply   
Benny G! Not to worry - if he is in fact no longer with LF, someone will pick him up. Style for days and a great ambassador for the sport.

Off topic but it's awesome to see D. Cook on the global team. Thought he was only getting a little support from LF. Guy deserves the recognition and a spot on a legit team.
Old     (Andrew14)      Join Date: Apr 2011       11-20-2012, 7:50 AM Reply   
That would be awesome if SS or Ronix picked him up - guy seems very down to earth and a great representative of our sport. I'm sure he'll land on his feet with a solid company.
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-20-2012, 10:58 AM Reply   
Ben has a new (few months now) fulltime job as Content Editor for Transworld Wake. I can see how that could be a conflict of interest within the industry seeing how he now has to write reviews and help promote other brands besides just LF. Ben is an incredible representative for wakeboarding and not to mention style for days. He will be a part of this industry for years to come and it's well deserved. Congrats again buddy!
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       11-20-2012, 2:05 PM Reply   
Well said brinks!
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       11-20-2012, 3:23 PM Reply   
^ Yeah, I get the feeling Ben is done being just a rider.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       11-20-2012, 3:27 PM Reply   
Go Ben! Awesome news for wakeboarding.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       11-21-2012, 8:06 PM Reply   
I don't know if the new position matters. Jeff mckee is with alliance and he rides for slingshot.
Old     (MUNS)      Join Date: Jan 2012       11-21-2012, 8:44 PM Reply   
I was wondering why I haven't seen a single video from him in forever
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       11-23-2012, 6:18 PM Reply   
I have to add a correction here because i've been politely informed that there's a difference in employment between jeff and ben, since jeff is contracted and ben is not. So there is true merit behind brink's explanation. I share his sentiments for ben's new position, and dig that transworld is working with some authentic voices in wake.

Last edited by electricsnow; 11-23-2012 at 6:22 PM.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-24-2012, 10:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricsnow View Post
I have to add a correction here because i've been politely informed that there's a difference in employment between jeff and ben, since jeff is contracted and ben is not. So there is true merit behind brink's explanation. I share his sentiments for ben's new position, and dig that transworld is working with some authentic voices in wake.
amen. thanks for popping in esnow. Always the voice of reason.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       11-25-2012, 10:29 AM Reply   
I wouldn't go that far. I was just informed of a difference that's otherwise hard to recognize and needed to correct myself.
Old     (bizzuck)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-26-2012, 4:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricsnow View Post
I have to add a correction here because i've been politely informed that there's a difference in employment between jeff and ben, since jeff is contracted and ben is not. .

You know what would be hilarious? Having the person who "politely informed" you describe the differences between Ben and Jeff as an official employee and a contractor.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       11-26-2012, 5:45 PM Reply   
Why is that hilarious? It was explained but i didn't post the whole message to me. Ben is a full on staff member with benefits and what not; jeff has a set number of articles /projects he needs to complete and he does not make editorial decisions. It's an honest misunderstanding, and to me he seemed more significant, since he seems to do more than travis dopp (no disrespect), and that's who he replaced. Anyway, jeff's deal works in his best interest since he can still be a rider who's involved with brands and still contribute in his way to the mag. I get the impression that not everyone sees it that way, but whatever. I personally don't care, i just didn't recognize the difference, and thought ben was no longer a team rider for other reasons.
Old     (bizzuck)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-27-2012, 11:32 AM Reply   
So I guess that's why Alliance lists him as "staff" and the Associate Editor - because he's a contractor. Got it...
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       11-27-2012, 11:41 AM Reply   
Alliance's structure seems weird to me. You can see a difference now that Ben is working for Transworld. Their site is much better and more current.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       11-27-2012, 7:32 PM Reply   
I just think its cool that they have a strong voice for both sides now-ben for wakeboarding and shawn for wakeskating (even though i read on instagram that ahawn bleeds wake).
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       11-28-2012, 9:37 AM Reply   
Well any wakeskate coverage is better than Alliance at this point.