Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       08-05-2012, 2:24 PM Reply   
I'm looking at '12 Touaregs and both the TDI and VR6 look to have the same 7700lb tow capacity. Does anyone have any experience towing a wake boat with the VR6? I know the TDI is more than capable, but with the 0% for 72 months, the VR6 is a little more appealing.

A little backstory of what I'm looking for. We are going to have to replace my fiancée's SUV soon and she wants a 4Runner, but I would personally prefer if we are going to buy an SUV that we buy something that it at least capable of towing a boat and the 4 Runner is maxed at 5000lb. She does not want a full size SUV as a daily driver and I really don't want to have to buy a 4Runner and another vehicle that is capable of pulling a boat. Currently it would be minimal towing as we don't have a boat, but soon a plan on purchasing a 21'ish wake boat. Most of our towing would be less than 30 minutes, but probably a few 4+ hour trips.