Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (johnmariestoll)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-29-2010, 12:42 AM Reply   
First off this is my first post but I love this site...

I've been behind a boat since I was 4 or 5 and now I'm 30. I love waterskiing, wakeboarding, skating, surfing. If I'm behind a boat, I'm stoked! As long as there are no tubes involved.
Lately, I've been a little burnt out on wakeboarding, so I've switched to wakeskating, and now surfing more and more. I wonder if this has to do with my age and lack of interest in getting smacked around learning a new trick or if I just gravitate toward the next popular activity behind a boat? Has anyone else gone through this or have you stuck with waterskiing, wakeboarding or whatever you favorite watersport is? I just wonder if I will be doing something else behind a boat in five years that doesn't even use a board?
All I know is that if I'm behind a boat I'm about as happy as I can be.
Thanks for reading.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-29-2010, 6:05 AM Reply   
when i started 40 years ago all they had were wooden skis the next thing they came out with were fiberglass skis. that was when dad provided the boat a 15 foot glastron with a 50 hp evinrude on the back. then when i was 30 i got my first boat a 17 ft four winns with a omc cobra outdrive thats when i learned to tube and trick ski and kneeboard.next came the skurfer and barefooting. i then got a wakeboard in the mid 90s by then i had bought my second boat a 1992 correct craft nautique excel. then i got an air chair and messed with that until my mid 40's. when i had trouble with my feet cramping up after a few minutes kneeboarding.i then got into wakeboarding to learn it the right way.instead of just saying i could get up and ride one.i found out the 133 i was riding was too small i weighed 180 lbs at the time.so i got a 142 board and a new 2007 tige 22ve and then went to the wakeboard camp in clermont florida.they told me i was doing everything wrong and it took three days to get me to start doing things right. i have since gotten better as now i can do all my w2w 180,s and a bs360 hs and i can rotate the backroll but i haven't ridden away yet. i will have to say wakeboarding is the easiest and most fun watersport i have done. i also recently learned wakeskating which i would say is a young mans game i also have wakesurfed and i bought one of those big wing tubes which i flew 40 feet in the air on and scared my wife to death. i got a little worried that if i fell from that height it was going to be bad.so i retired that. i would say variety is good. for me nothing matches the stoke i get wakeboarding.now thats a long story from an old man.LOL