Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-20-2009, 11:04 AM Reply   
Alright Jeff, can you give us an update?!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-20-2009, 11:28 AM Reply   
Cable is up and finished.

We finally got the water level in the lake down after all the rain and we are finishing the starting dock.
The starting dock should be complete by the end of the week.

We have other guys finishing up the dirt work and they should be done here by the end of the week.

After Starting dock and dirt work is finished, then we will start filling the lake and finishing up some of the obstacles, the lake will take a couple weeks to fill, then we will put obstacles in the lake.
We are waiting on a few designs from a few companies for obstacles, when we get the designs finalized we will start to build.

It has been one delay after another, but it looks like we are getting to the end and we hopefully will open up here in the near future, but I will not give a date until, I know for sure that we will be ready.

Thanks for all the support we have been receiving and all I can say is the Park will be worth the wait.

Jeff
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-20-2009, 11:48 AM Reply   
Thanks Jeff. Sounds awesome. I'll be waiting to shred it in 2010!
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       10-20-2009, 11:53 AM Reply   
I was looking forward to riding it this winter a little but looks like torn ligaments in my foot will hold me back once again this winter. :-(

Hope everyting goes as planned.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-20-2009, 12:21 PM Reply   
Awesome!!! I think I need to head down to Dallas this spring to check on my buddies rental property for him :-) I'll have to stop by the park while I am there.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-20-2009, 12:29 PM Reply   
No Eubanks you will shed it sometime in 09, trust me!!
Gene that's a bummer bro, heel up quick and then come shed next spring.

Yes Eric, make that trip.
Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-20-2009, 1:23 PM Reply   
Hey Gene what did you do to your foot? Ive got two torn ligaments in my foot that ive got to get surgery for in December.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       10-20-2009, 1:35 PM Reply   
I tried out a new set of bindings and my foot rolled in them when I landed and turned it sideways in my boot. I heard some crunching and it hurt but did not swell immediately. Lter that night I could barely walk on it. It is swollen and bruised now, and VERY tender. I am walking with a cane.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-20-2009, 1:42 PM Reply   
So it begs the question...What bindings?!
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       10-20-2009, 1:52 PM Reply   
The Mareks. it seems like the arch support is in the wrong place for me. My feet hurt bad after about 5 minutes of riding and progressively got worse.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-20-2009, 2:04 PM Reply   
Yep, the 2009 Hyperlite footbeds are worthless. I had to modify mine as I hear all the pro riders did as well. The arch is huge and my foot was in horrible pain after a few minutes in them.

Did you return them? If you kept them, then let me know and I can help you out with getting them more comfortable.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       10-20-2009, 2:24 PM Reply   
already gone back.... ;)
Old     (tentcitygoon)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-20-2009, 2:37 PM Reply   
Cable in california? public? System 2.0? huh?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-20-2009, 2:40 PM Reply   
Sweet, sweet, sweet.... I can't wait.

Tony, it's in Texas. Name is a bit deceiving.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-20-2009, 2:43 PM Reply   
No Tony this is in the DFW area of Texas, full size 6 tower Cable Park.

WSR-- Wake Sport Ranch
Not
WSR-- West Side Riders
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-20-2009, 3:01 PM Reply   
Thanks for being the one to ask for an update Eubanks! Sounds like things are gettin rolling again Jeff I am getting pumped
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-20-2009, 3:35 PM Reply   
Yes Ryan things are rollin along nicely, lets just hope this rain coming in tomorrow night misses WakeSport ranch, we don't need any rain right now!!
Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-20-2009, 6:11 PM Reply   
That sucks Gene. I had something similar happen. Was riding some 07 Shanes and I came down really flat on my board out in the flats. Front foot rolls under in the boot, then shoots all the way out the front and dislocates. My orthapedist said it would heal itself. A year later and it still hasnt healed, so here comes the surgery