Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (joebob)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-12-2011, 8:04 AM Reply   
Just a shout out here for some good service. My buddy from work was asking me about buying some tower speakers. I run Exile and they are local, so I reccommended them in a heartbeat. I called up Brian and he said yeah they had what he wanted in stock and could meet up with us to make the sale. We were headed to lunch and what do ya know Brian calls me up and says hey I'm out and about in your area, where ya at? Man to me that is service, brings the speakers to my location so my buddy can get them for the weekend. Nice work Exile.
Old     (skyski1)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-12-2011, 8:40 AM Reply   
I described the sound I was looking for to Brian and Bill. They responded by building a pair of speakers just for me. I could have been more impressed if Brian had walked those speakers over to Maryland on his lunch break.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-12-2011, 8:51 AM Reply   
Yeah, he should have walked them over but I don't think that guy even takes lunch.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-12-2011, 10:40 AM Reply   
Definitely a great company to do business with, the owners know their stuff and treat the customers very well.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-12-2011, 10:51 AM Reply   
Brians just one of us, thats whats cool. He treats you the way he would want to be treated and knows that most of us don't let anything get between us and a good time on the lake.
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-12-2011, 12:54 PM Reply   
Exile is a great company for sure. Nothing but good experiences with their products and service.
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-12-2011, 7:38 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. Appreciate the words. Really it was just the free lunch!!

HatePain - It was good meeting you man. You better give me a call after those speakers of yours get toast.

When it comes right down to it... gear is just the starting point. It's been a lot of fun getting to know all you guys over the years.

-Brian
Exile Audio
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-12-2011, 11:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Brians just one of us, thats whats cool. He treats you the way he would want to be treated and knows that most of us don't let anything get between us and a good time on the lake.
You mean nothing get between you and your bbq brat
Old     (monroeyd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-13-2011, 7:32 AM Reply   
Great service and great products!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-13-2011, 8:45 AM Reply   
We have had the same experience. Even got to hit the water a few times with the Exile crew. Stand up dudes.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-13-2011, 10:29 PM Reply   
Brian, which ones? I popped the tinsel leads on my subs at the float again. Turns out me loads of vodka and a volume control don't mix

Nu, gotta feed the machine baby!
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-13-2011, 10:40 PM Reply   
I'll be giving some props to Brian and the Exile crew in a bit here. Just got the hybrid setup installed on my boat, doing some testing while surfing and taking pictures soon.

So far... outstanding.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-14-2011, 11:02 AM Reply   
Hate,
Contact me. I know how to stop the tinsel leads from snappng.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-15-2011, 6:21 AM Reply   
I can personally attest to Brian and Exile's over the top customer service. 4 of my Exile SX65 burned up....the voice coils completely locked. I didn't know why it happened, so I gave Brian a ring. Before I gave much detail he asked that I verify my shipping address so he can send replacements. He told me the amp was bad, and sending DC current through 2 channels. I verified this when I put some crappy speakers on the amp and it burned those speakers up too.

This is the best part....I bought the amp used on caraudioclassifieds. He replaced speakers that failed because of an amp that I didn't buy from Exile.
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-15-2011, 10:56 AM Reply   
@ Hate; The problem I'm speaking about is your tower speakers. Need to take a look at the crossover settings. When I made my way to your boat on the second tie up that afternoon, your system was running at full blast power (hence all the women going wild). At full power your tower speakers where burping pretty badly. In simple terms the mid bass drivers are over excurting and sounding like "splat splat". short term this isn't a big deal, but longer term it turns into a broken speaker. I turned your system down a touch and the splats went away. solution = move up your crossover freq a touch. I suspect your tuned down into the 80hz region. move it up to ~100hz and it will help. Re: your subs. You mentioned to me awhile ago that you re soldered the tinsel leads. This is always a tricky subject because frankly speaking the very best audio engineers shudder at anyone soldering leads. When we try to repair a lead on a woofer, we use a strobe-a-scope that will show you how a lead is moving. The whole key is to not not apply to much solder because doing so will wick up the lead and create a work hardened joint. This is bad. When you see a repaired lead start jumping rope under the scope, it has added weight and is not moving in conjunction with the force correctly. It WILL fail again. This is probably what happened to you. You might be asking yourself, why did my woofers break in the first place? I know they are not exile woofers, but it really doesn't matter the brand... Every woofer has a failure point. It's either mechanical (i.e. surround tearing, or VC crushing, or tinsel leads breaking, or spider tearing---or some combination of the above), or its thermal issues --- to much heat in the VC gap. The way a woofer fails and at what point it will do so is the topic of in-depth conversations the marketing department has with the engineering department. As it applies to you... the woofers reached their mechanical limit and gave up the ghost. Long term, you'll need to replace unless you can get the msg to re-lead them. Speaking with my Exile hat on, I don't recommend, any consumer or retailer try to repair a woofer. Contact the mfg first.

@ Bendow; thanks for the words. You get that system cranking again? Hopefully no more DC 'd speakers!

@ Tyler; I missed the float party in my own back yard this weekend. Good times? looks like the weather was a bit questionable...

-Brian
Exile Audio

Last edited by brianinpdx; 08-15-2011 at 11:03 AM. Reason: a
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-15-2011, 11:03 AM Reply   
Brian - Yeah Weather sucked Saturday, but we found an awesome spot on a nice sand bar and still had 15-20 boats tie up. Would have easily been double that if the weather had cooperated. There is always next time. Let us know when you are ready to make it back out.