Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-08-2011, 9:21 PM Reply   
http://news.yahoo.com/rick-perry-vs-...173200158.html

"In respect to the discussion of international law, as mentioned by the Guardian, the Leal case is a noteworthy aberration: Humberto Leal, due to his status as a permanent occupant of the United States, should not have been given an additional avenue of legal support beyond that of the public defender, whose services are the only ones guaranteed by law to American citizens. The fact that Leal was an illegal immigrant, and therefore technically a Mexican national, should not have given him the option of extra legal assistance. He wished to be a permanent occupant of the United States...and should have to accept the guaranteed legal defenses thereof."

Obama is just a grandstanding idiot.........I'm so ready for him to be voted out!
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-08-2011, 9:43 PM Reply   
Were you a Bush supporter? He did pretty much the same thing back in '05. Obama was in the right to try and stop this... or to at least appear as though he wanted it stopped. It was a breach of international law... which may not seem like a big deal until it's an American citizen executed somewhere else.
The biased article you linked to makes a strong case for why it was done... and I get that Gov. Perry wants to be seen as a Texas Bada%*... but it doesn't change the fact that laws were broken.
With all that said, I'm not upset at all that the sick SOB is dead.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-08-2011, 10:09 PM Reply   
I will still side with the article. oh....and the Supreme Court
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       07-09-2011, 3:18 AM Reply   
Memo to American Citizens in Foreign Countries: when in a country illegally, don't rape then murder a 16 year old and you don't need to worry about being executed. Screw international law. The US rightfully isn't a member of the International Criminal Court (ICC) and our own laws trump international law.

This vermin yelling "Viva Mexico" while the drugs were being injected more than validates him getting the needle in my book. Good riddance and we will gladly send his corpse back to Mexico so he doesn't ***** our soil.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-09-2011, 7:38 AM Reply   
I'm ready for Obama to be voted out as well. Too bad the GOP can't find anyone worthy of the job.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-09-2011, 12:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skull View Post
Memo to American Citizens in Foreign Countries: when in a country illegally, don't rape then murder a 16 year old and you don't need to worry about being executed.
Hey man, I wish it were that simple.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-15-2011, 8:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
I'm ready for Obama to be voted out as well. Too bad the GOP can't find anyone worthy of the job.
You got that right.