Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-30-2007, 9:38 AM Reply   
Gee I can't think of anything to go wrong here
http://www.frisdoo.com/showoff.html
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-30-2007, 9:54 AM Reply   
Why would we all think it ridiculous to take our eyes off the road when driving, but would think this is OK?

As you said, another reason to have PWC's.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-30-2007, 9:55 AM Reply   
Yea your right I could see some typical PWC'r not looking at where they are going and looking at the disk and running right over you. Did you notice in the RULES it says one person to a PWC. Yea that would make it safer and easy lol . Why not have 2 people One to drive and watch where they are going and one to Catch the disk. I guess that would make to much sence. IMO the only thing PWC's are good for is towing surfers into huge waves.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-30-2007, 10:09 AM Reply   
What? Everyone knows you're invincible when you ride a PWC.
Old     (socaldave)      Join Date: May 2002       11-30-2007, 10:17 AM Reply   
Reminds me of my dog chasing his ball at the lake...good boy.

Upload
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-30-2007, 10:36 AM Reply   
They are trained better than my dogs. They actually bring it back.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-30-2007, 10:47 AM Reply   
what's sad is that there is an entire website dedicated to this "sport"
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-30-2007, 10:51 AM Reply   
I don't know, I think its actually a good thing. They don't ride around tossing it between PWCs. They toss it down a straight (and in the example) marked corse from a fixed position... the PWC just catches it.

Keeps them out of the butter.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-30-2007, 1:07 PM Reply   
The definition of the word

TOOL.

Upload
Old     (montana_sanger)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-30-2007, 1:35 PM Reply   
Thats f-in stupid,did I tell you guys about the time I chucked a beer onto the hood of an idiot following right behind a rider,or the time I almost killed a dude (really) that cut in front of us?I manage at a boat dealership on a lake and have chosen not feed the fire by selling them and I can assure you the demand is there.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-30-2007, 1:40 PM Reply   
IMO The only thing PWCs are good for is skating
Old    stillstandin            11-30-2007, 2:58 PM Reply   
I still ride a PWC on a regular basis...but those couches are not real PWC's this is a PWC

.Upload
Old     (pilot_ryder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-30-2007, 3:10 PM Reply   
boy they look like retards doing that
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       11-30-2007, 3:41 PM Reply   
I have owned PWC's since 1991. I got my first boat..Malibu...last year. Since then I have ridden my waverunner once and have developed an EXTREME dislike for 99% of all other PWC owners on the water. I can honestly say that I never behaved or did any of the dumba$$ stuff that I have witnessed in the last year. I have always been around boats and I guess my dad taught me better but a lot of it is just common sense. I literally almost got into 3 or 4 fights this summer because of idiots on jetski's riding and jumping my wake right behind people that I was towing. I would try to wave them off but each time I had to stop the boat and run to the back screaming and waving my arms to get them to back off. None of them could understand why jumping or riding 50 ft or less behind my rider would upset me. I know that it is only a matter of time before I have to put my foot up someones rear end. I am not going to let stupidity cost one of my friends or family members their life....it's my responsibility when they are in my boat. Sorry for the rant but the stupid frisbee thing got me going.....
I don't have a problem with pwc's on the water...just ignorant, careless, stupid people that seem to ride most of them.
Old     (kcampos)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-30-2007, 4:17 PM Reply   
i can't believe they have a whole website dedicated it
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-30-2007, 6:51 PM Reply   
Sweet pic Craig.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-30-2007, 9:18 PM Reply   
I didn't think it was that bad. The video was hard to tell just how busy it was in the area they were catching the frisbee in. But as long as it's in a safe area.

I've seen surfers doing things just as crazy. ie; driver leaving the driver's seat to run to the swimstep or sit on the far side of the boat.
Old     (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-30-2007, 11:55 PM Reply   
We have had 5 or so run ins with them. 2 times, cut us off, and killed my line (gf was driving, and yelled at them, it was pretty sweet.) A handful of times have driven almost right up to rider, they were clueless.
The problem is 80% rentals, 19% teenage girls, and 1% others, IMO.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-01-2007, 6:18 AM Reply   
Ya, lets give these idiots another reason to ride around like jackasses and not pay attention to anything. Driving a 50 mph waterrocket, paying attention to catching a 2 dollar frisbee, while running into a 60K boat. Makes since.

What amazes me is the Einstein that put that site up doesn't have any disclosers or warnings about how dumb this is.

First time I see idiots doing this, I'm gonna do whatever I can to F up there day
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-01-2007, 7:33 AM Reply   
if you read the rules it says

quote:

Abandoning the Vessel: strategic move in which the Wrangler jumps from the Vessel in effort to catch the Pie.

Leap of Faith: See Abandoning the Vessel, truly believing you will catch the Pie once you leave the Vessel.

Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-01-2007, 8:19 AM Reply   
^^^ gotta love websites that promote safe and in control boating.

What do we expect from dorks that ride, let alone buy these things.

I'm gonna find a wholesale lot of cheap frisbees, and write frisdoo.com on them. Then I'll huck(aiming for heads of course)them at every dork on a jet ski I see. When they call me on it, I'll tell them I though they wanted to play frisdoo
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-01-2007, 8:24 AM Reply   
If you see any of these dorks on your lake, run. Or better yet run them over

Upload
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-01-2007, 8:48 AM Reply   
You tube vid, listen to the song. GAYYYYYYYYYYY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE0ECNq1JXI
Old     (macrogpx2)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-01-2007, 10:04 AM Reply   
IO can't beleive these guys are serious.
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-01-2007, 10:51 AM Reply   
Dumbest idea ever. PWC's are by far the most dangerous thing that you can encounter on my lake and they can only be topped by a drunk PWC rider or a little kid on a PWC. and now they want to make a game where they drive blindly into the lake, that is just F-ing great. I hope that this just stays on the current lake that these retards live on. Sorry to whoever live out there.
Old     (montana_sanger)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-01-2007, 1:47 PM Reply   
frisdouche if you ask me
Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-01-2007, 1:52 PM Reply   
PWC story: Back in Mid September this year, we were sharing a glassy cove at Havasu with one other wakeboarding boat when 2 PWCs and a tuber boat rolled up and started chopping up the water. After waiting for 15 minutes, I finally decided to make extensive use of my horn. Every time they'd make a turn, I'd hit the horn and hold it down until they stopped and looked at us, then I'd gesture for them to leave. To my amazement, it worked, and they actually left. They must have thought I was nuts or something. I felt super guilty for 5 minutes, then I got over it and rode our glassy cove some more.

Look at it from this perspective. At least the frisdorkers are training these people to keep their eye on something. That's a step up from the "99% of PWC riders" who are completely oblivious to everything around them.

-Tim

p.s. Disclaimer: I do ride a PWC sometimes (but I always wear dark glasses and a hat, and run away from all other boats, so nobody sees or recognizes me )
Old     (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-02-2007, 3:03 AM Reply   
Yo Tim, where a bag over your head next time u ride a pwc....lol

(Message edited by azpowerhouse on December 02, 2007)
Old     (bigpimpin4u)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-02-2007, 7:40 AM Reply   
What a waste of gas..........
Old    sdahockey21            12-02-2007, 11:29 AM Reply   
the BEST way to get PWCs to go away is to tell them they are #1, they are SOOO happy that they are out of there in NO time

Sometimes they are so happy that they tell us that we are #1 TOO... ITS AWESOME
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-03-2008, 10:41 PM Reply   
I ride them, i love them, but i hate everyone else on them, Ive almost been hit atleast 5 times by, dumb teenage girls, dumb teenage girls on rentals, people in general on rentals with cargo shorts and a t-shirt on, and the guys that think they are sooo cool on their pwc, kind of like the guy on the xp in that second pic. I ride an rxp and absolutely love it. There are some big boats on lake washington and if they enjoy you launching 10 feet in the air completely vertical off their wake then it is a blast. Ive even had people slow down to just the right speed and get the camera out. Oh and i also love watching idiots who have no idea how to jump a pwc 1. try to jump waves wayy back in the wake where they have about 4 waves. And 2. they sit down and hit the waves at the wrong angle and at 35mph and just skim over the top of each one. SWEET AIR MANN
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-03-2008, 10:42 PM Reply   
And I am a wakeboarder so i am extremely respectful if I am ever out in the morning which i rarely am.
Old     (lfshane132)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-03-2008, 11:21 PM Reply   
Only thing worse than being seen in public riding a jetski...being seen in public tubing..only thing worse than tubing...telling your dad your gay...
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-03-2008, 11:37 PM Reply   
you know i never realy had a problem with them till this year. we were on the lake and i was pulling my sis and she is a def. a newbie to wakeboarding and is still learning the ropes and all of a sudden out of know where 4 little kids riding one wave runner started jumping our wake. following prob 50 - 100 feet behind my sis. i literaly stoped the boat and she had to fall and had to hollar at these kids to get the hell away. then later on in the day when the chop came we brought my uncles little kids out to tube a little bit( because they dont wake board and only get on a boat maybe twice a year) and sure enough these same kids start doing the same thing. if my sis were to fall or i were to bounce one of these little kids out of the tube they could have very easily killed one of them by running them over. i bring a video camera now and if i ever have to go though this again i will call them in.

water can be very dangerous as it is ... shouldnt have to add in the possibilty of some stupid kids that their parents arent paying attention to what they are doing.. man it still pisses me off and that was 6 months ago..
Old     (rcogrady)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-04-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
ah man this is funny s**t I'm so glad i just found this website. I was close to making a legit comment but after reading everyone else's there was nothing left to say. I guess all I can say is that I haven't seen anybody frisdoo yet but if i do relentless ridicule will ensue.
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-04-2008, 10:35 AM Reply   
I'd say one of the best things about my dads old jetboat with a big block was putting the hammer down to 5500rpm when a waverunner guy would try and jump the 12 inch wake our boat would put out, generally after getting blasted with the roost they would stay away, can't much do that pulling a skier though, there should be some anti PWC spray like mace we can use on them...
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-04-2008, 12:07 PM Reply   
If I get a wakeboat, I'm buying a megaphone so that I can get rid of the jetskiiers on my lake. There are a ton of rentals, and those are usually the bad ones.

I ride my jetski all of the time, and not to be egotistical, but I'd put myself into the 1% category on this issue. When I was around 9, my parents were taking a boating course, and they'd bring my sister and I with them. Because sitting in the car could get really boring, I'd go and listen in to what the teacher said, and I never forgot it. I don't ride behind people when they have a rider behind them, and if I do use a person's wake to jump, it's usually around 300 feet behind their boat, where the rollers are huge. You dip down into the first one and gas it up the second one and you can fly. The only time I'll do crazy spins and stuff on my jetski is when the lake is next to empty, and there's no chance of me hitting anyone. If I see wakeboarders around, I always either turn around and head out, or if I'm trying to get somewhere, avoid making a bunch of chop.

The entire deal with jetskis is that everything is common courtesy. However, sadly, most people don't have that these days and are just complete d*****bags. They're ridiculous if you ask me.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-04-2008, 4:02 PM Reply   
+1 to what Nick said, except when its a yacht and they don't mind you getting close, and your not afraid to get close, you go up right after the white wash stops and there's only one wave with no chances of casing the jump, where far back there can be 3 or 4 and you can case it easily. But thats only if the people don't have a problem with you being close. If anyone lives in WA or has been to lake Chelan then they will know how bad the rental dumb a$$'s are, and they will also know about the ferries wake before it got trim tabs =[
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-05-2008, 12:03 PM Reply   
thats the gayyest thing i've ever seen. and that song made it even gayer.
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-05-2008, 11:51 PM Reply   
If you want to hit jumps and catch air buy a dirtbike, they have suspension!!!
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-06-2008, 12:33 AM Reply   
Not the same thing though, I ride mx as well, and just the feeling of slowing rolling up to a massive wave and punching it and launching completely vertical 8 feet in the air and landing on your tail sinking into the water smoothly is indescribable
Old     (sks625)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-06-2008, 5:35 AM Reply   
I wish they would outlaw them and confiscate the ones currently running. They are a complete Nuisance!!!
Old     (cadesun)      Join Date: May 2007 Location: Chicago       01-09-2008, 7:01 PM Reply   
At least they are wearing life jackets! The white trash PWC owners on my lake are out constantly with their young kids with no life vest in sight! Natural selection I guess...
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-09-2008, 8:16 PM Reply   
Plenty of stupid boat drivers...

Plenty of stupid PWC drivers...

I ride around on a PWC all summer but I am respectful of the other boats out there (powered and unpowered). Its the idiots who get this larger than life complex when riding them who get into accidents thinking they can outmanuever better and are invincible.

It's the idiots that give PWC's a bad rap, just like the Wakeboarding idiots who jump buoys or do tricks close to other boats etc.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-09-2008, 8:19 PM Reply   
Mr. Loudsubz said it
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-09-2008, 8:49 PM Reply   
Holy shiat....you guys sound just like the Hot Boater guys, on their discussion board, talking about wakeboarders.

Looks like fun. If the water was chopped out I would play.
Old    stillstandin            01-09-2008, 11:06 PM Reply   
Amen J-Rod, I was gonna say the same thing. Be careful guys, there are other groups out there saying the same thing about wakeboarders.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-10-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
But see those guys in the vid are squares... and they are one wimpy PWC's.
Old    stillstandin            01-11-2008, 10:04 AM Reply   
IMO....Stand ups are the only real PWC's. Actually takes skill, and there is a learning curve.
Old    stillstandin            01-11-2008, 10:06 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-15-2008, 8:27 PM Reply   
Hey Craig... dont forget about Wetbikes!!!Upload
Old    stillstandin            01-20-2008, 10:22 AM Reply   
LOL..Ya thats pretty gay
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-20-2008, 5:01 PM Reply   
Craig are those pictures of you? If so thats freaking sweet dude those are huge back flips.

What kind of set up do you ride? I am just getting into the sport and just got my hands on an 84 kawi 550 and am going to start doing some mods to it in hopes of taking it out to the ocean after learning on a lake
Old    stillstandin            01-21-2008, 9:23 AM Reply   
No I wish they were. I do go surf riding, but dont have any pics. I do have some pics of barrel rolls off of my boat wake tho. I'll try to get them posted. I have a 2000 Yamaha Superjet. Dakine foot straps, pro-comp head, and factory pipe, and some other things. I learned to ride on a 550, very fun ski. Stand ups are the only way to go. It takes a lot of skill to get to the level of those guys in the pics.

Go to www.pwctoday.com and go to the freestyle/standup section, you can get lots of tech advice there.
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-24-2008, 5:55 PM Reply   
Frisdoo sounds like a failed 80's/90's hairstyle
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-24-2008, 5:59 PM Reply   
Craig, how in the hell do you get that high?
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-24-2008, 5:59 PM Reply   
The Discock: The player who throws the Pie from a boat, dock, or a shore, etc.

Haha}
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-24-2008, 6:42 PM Reply   
"Frisdoo! The 1st Extreme Frisbee Water Sport! Frisdoo!"

That is the title of the frisdoo video
I just find more and more reasons to hate them