Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (afrodeziak)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-11-2007, 11:22 PM Reply   
So I've finally dialed getting pop off a double up, I go huge but end up eating

basically I generally hit thr 3rd roller, since it's been engrained in me and I'm just used to it.. it looks so big :-)

anywho I hit the wake and lately have been getting pulled out the front almost like a batwing would look.. generally get turned around to heelside and landing hard on my back.. it hurts.

I need to learn why its happening, how to stop it and let me take my tricks big off the du...

attached is a pic ..

http://www.brennanp.com/gallery/albums/uploadz/wakeboarding/20070609/IMG_2389.JPG

http://www.brennanp.com/gallery/albums/uploadz/wakeboarding/20070609/IMG_2556.JPG
Old     (jakesnyder)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-12-2007, 6:17 AM Reply   
Your rope handle is way too high. Bring the handle down and you will have more control. The other thing you must remember to do is RELAX when you have that kind of hang time. Maybe go for a grab to stabelize yourself and bring your balance back to even.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-12-2007, 12:30 PM Reply   
Nice height Brennan. I've not learned how to hit (or taught my wife how to drive) the double up. Any tips on either? It seems like the boat takes such a pounding going through the wakes...don't know if its worth it for my current skill level.
Old     (jakesnyder)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-12-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
If you drive over the wakes at a 45 degree angle the boat takes less of a beating. Do no square off the lines. As far as hitting the double ups, WHAT A RUSH!!!
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-12-2007, 12:47 PM Reply   
those do look painful! i noticed your left hand is off the handle really early....try to keep both hands on and it will help you keep a stronger body position. it looks like your just getting compressed by the pop and not staying strong at the wake. i'm sure your w2w is very easy and you can relax, but the dup-up cannot be taken so lightly...it's the same thing that happens to me on my switch w2w....i have a hard time keep a strong body position without cabbing back to regular. keep it up....and maybe hit the second one a few times....you may find that landing a hit off the second one is way more fun then getting worked by the third! good luck...
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-12-2007, 1:26 PM Reply   
by keeping the handle so far abve your head, your allowing yourself to get yanked over onto your edge which is giving you the end result of the ever present but deadly catching the back edge.

keep the handle lower like you would on a dock start and you should be fine.
Old     (afrodeziak)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-12-2007, 3:44 PM Reply   
I think in those pics that I got pulled over the front so quick that I pulled my back hand off early because I was already way forward right off the wake and trying to get some balance. Would hitting the DU too late be cause of this ? no slack means I'm getting pulled forward to compensate for the extra height of the wake, etc ?

I've always been told you don't need a huge cut at the double up, but it seems liek you at least need to cut hard enough to have speed to clear the wakes otherwise you go straight up then straight down and bust a ankle :-) haha
Old     (wpg_waker)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-12-2007, 7:57 PM Reply   
Ya the one time i actually connected with the third roller i thought the same n had some decent speed. just slapped down in the flats. Never really tried d-ups again.