Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    wegotbikes            01-28-2004, 6:15 AM Reply   
I just bought a 95 prostar 205 and was wondering what everyone was using for weights and how they are weighting their boats for the best wake. Also, what is the wake like when weighted that way? Thanks in advance.
Old    jzwake            01-28-2004, 6:25 AM Reply   
The One I ride behind We have a Get high Sports sack in the back, One in the walk through and Fat buddies on the sides of the engine.
Old    tattoobling            01-28-2004, 6:54 AM Reply   
French,

Great to hear you bought that boat!! If you follow jz's suggestions you will have a monster wake. I think I remember you saying that you are at a "recreational" level of riding and that wake might be a little intimidating. If it is, start w/ a phat buddy or even full sac on each side of the motor. If that ain't enough start adding weight to the back and the bow in equal proportions. It'll get ya where you need to go.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-28-2004, 9:08 AM Reply   
99 205:

1-550lb sack in the trunk
2-Side sacs (350 each) on each side of motor box
400lbs in the bow or walk thru
Plus people and you're in business!

congrats on the buy
Old    jzwake            01-28-2004, 11:24 AM Reply   
If you want a good Rec Wake. The Classic 1 sack in the back does a good job. Get a Gethighsports sack (700lbs full) and fill it 3/4 full. This way you have that extra 200 lbs to fill when you Want a bigger wake. The next step would be fill the back sack full and get a sack for the bow. Then it's to my above scheme. This is the progression we baasically used.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-28-2004, 1:43 PM Reply   
We do the same as NAW, 550 in the back 350's on the sides and 450 in the front. Great wake!
Old    wegotbikes            01-28-2004, 8:07 PM Reply   
Those setups sound good, I appreciate the feedback. I will usually carry about 5 people, 3 adults and 2 kids so I need to keep some room too. Would anyone suggest the fatseat or is it too much weight for the back? That way I could keep some seating area as well.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-28-2004, 10:24 PM Reply   
I have a fat seat in my 94 PS 205. I think it is a waste. Get a locker sac and some side sacs. Maybe put a sack on the back seat if need be. You cannot fill the seat and then actually have people sit on it. It is just too much weight. But I would say experiment with side sacks and where to put them. If they don't work out you can always sell them on ebay for 90% of what you paid for them. Basically saying the fat seat is not good for seating. Maybe a lauch pad sofa is better but the fat seat is too heavy by itself.
Old    wegotbikes            01-28-2004, 10:49 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input Mark. I'll stay away from the fat seat now. How about lead weights? They take up much less space. pros? cons?
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-29-2004, 12:09 PM Reply   
I want to get some lead weights made for under the front bow cushions. I don't use the space anyway. I hope to get about 100 lbs. a side in there. I was also thinking about getting bags filled with BB's becasue they are more flexable, but im not sure where to get them. What engine do you have and what kind of prop and size/pitch do you have? I have the 275 EFI and a 13 X 13 OJ. The hole shot is really sluggish with even 1000 lbs. I want an ACME 13 X 12. I hear really good things. If you are going to weight your boat definately budget it a new prop.
Old    wsrideer            01-29-2004, 12:47 PM Reply   
mark what are u talking about i got a 93 prostar 205 ans i take out the back seat and put in a fat seat filled to the max fut two small 250's on each side of the engine cover a 500 in the walkthrough and 2 full jerry cans of water in the bow and the wake is pumpin. takes a bit to plain out but once shes up to speed i jizz my pant.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-29-2004, 6:29 PM Reply   
I was just saying that oj props suck and it takes forever to plane with weight. Thats a big deal to me because a lot of the people I ride with aren't very good so we have to stop and start often. I was just saying that the fatseat is not a good "seat" as its designed to be unless you are running over a ton of water, which you are.
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-29-2004, 7:07 PM Reply   
I have a 97 and my list is as follows:
Fat seat in the back.
600 on either side of engine.
600 in the bow.
Most of them are close to full, with 3 or 4 people and one riding at the max. Also, i have a 13x13 prop. It is a very very sweet wake, but it takes forever to get out and you better have a gas card or something. It is killer on gas, but like i said, you'll be amazed.
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-29-2004, 7:18 PM Reply   
My friend had a 99 205 DD and we started with a 500 in rear locker and 500 in front then we added 500 to each side of motor box and the wake was perfect. He had the 330 motor and power slot trans so even with 2000# it pulled you right up. It was a sweet wake. Now he has a 2003 X-2 !