Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-28-2015, 8:53 PM Reply   
Talk among your selfs!
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       04-29-2015, 2:07 PM Reply   
I just don’t understand why people stereotype me…...
Old     (wak18boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2015       04-30-2015, 11:21 PM Reply   
The guy hurt himself
Old     (jamespjackson95)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-01-2015, 12:01 AM Reply   
Who cares what happened to him? Let's put these criminals that are on the streets behind bars!
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       05-01-2015, 4:28 AM Reply   
A democratic state and a democratic city . So why would there be any racist cops? Once again they were just picking on that poor black man . Pay no attention to the facts of the case or the long long criminal record. The best way to handle this kind of injustice is to burn down the old folks home and pillage the local businesses . Only then will justice be served.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-01-2015, 8:11 AM Reply   
How many stops were made?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-01-2015, 8:38 AM Reply   
damn!! arrest warrants just issued for 6 officers involved in his "wrongful arrest".
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-01-2015, 2:38 PM Reply   
They should stop using the word "justice". They don't want justice, they want revenge.

social "revenge".
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-02-2015, 12:14 PM Reply   
It sounds like he was hogtied in the van the cops gave him a wild ride" and he went headfirst into A wall after the cops may or may not have brake checked him. I could see how laying on your belly with your legs and arms tied together exposing your head and neck to potential damage could possibly cause these injuries.

In my opinion giving prisoners a wild ride has been going on for years. People in the back of the squad cars with their hands behind their back and being abusive to the police officers would commonly get brake checked where they can't put their arms out to stop their body from flying forward and their head comes in contact with the security partition.

Not having the guy strapped in certainly put all of the cops in a bad light
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-06-2015, 10:51 AM Reply   
what about the other prisoner who said he was trying to hurt himself?
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       05-06-2015, 11:06 AM Reply   
That prisoner never said that. There is a lot of propaganda being spread around about this situation. Have you also heard about the one where he has supposedly just had neck and back surgery? Also a lie. The other prisoner said he heard some things but it has since been reported that he didn't think it sounded like he was hurting himself. His original statement was exaggerated. It's so easy to spread a lie now with information so readily available and unregulated. Even formerly reputable news agencies that are supposed to be protecting the integrity of reporting have begun to grab the first tid bit they get and report it before vetting it in a race to be the first to say it. I blame it on the 24 hour cable news channels (all of them). They have 24 hours to fill with 5 minutes worth of news that's worth mentioning.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-06-2015, 12:27 PM Reply   
Agreed. just something I heard on bloomberg news last week, typically a reputable source.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-07-2015, 1:24 PM Reply   
I'm still missing the piece as to what he was doing/why he was stopped or confronted in the first place. They keep saying he had a knife but it was in his pocket? I didn't start paying attention to the story until I heard about the cops being charged with murder.
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       05-12-2015, 5:44 PM Reply   
Here are the facts on the late Freddie Gray of Baltimore:

Freddie Gray had a pre-existing spinal and neck injury and had severe
nerve damage and scar tissue from an accident that Allstate Insurance
was paying him for, in a structured settlement. This monthly payment
and drug money were his means of support. Freddie had had several
unsuccessful spinal fusion surgeries over the past 4 1/2 years. His
most recent spinal/cervical operation was a week and a half before he
was arrested on April 12. He was on doctor's orders to remain home and
in bed to speed recovery from that major operation. Instead, Freddie
was out manufacturing and distributing drugs on the streets of
Baltimore, and strenuously resisting arrest.

Freddie had a long criminal history (rap sheet): many pages long for
manufacturing and distributing drugs and controlled substances,
including heroin, cocaine, crack cocaine and marijuana. He had been
convicted of numerous other felonies including assault, firearms
violations, breaking and entering, armed robbery, receiving stolen
property, and the list goes on and on from his 18th birthday. In
Baltimore County, juvenile records are forever sealed except by
judicial order. (www.mdjudiciarycaseresearch) Freddie, known on the
streets as "Pepper", was 25 years old, 5'8" and weighed 145 lbs. when
last arrested. He had been incarcerated at least 12 times, the longest
stretch being 2 years in prison in Maryland.

Freddie had recently tried to convert his structured settlement from
Allstate into a lump sum payment from Peachtree Funding, of Atlanta.
Friends say he was confused by the paperwork and legal terminology.

Following his arrest, Freddie was placed into the paddy wagon by the
police officers who had arrested him ---- black officers, all of them.
He could have easily slipped on the floor or bench, or twisted his neck
or shoulders to reopen his recently fused and weakened spine. Enroute
to the County jail, the paddy wagon stopped once so that officers could
put leg restraints on Freddie to calm him down and restrict his
movement.

Freddie was a dangerous career felon, well-known to the BPD officers,
with a damaged and healing spine and neck, and was supposed to be home
healing a week and a half after surgery. He should not have been
running around on the streets of Baltimore committing drug felonies and
resisting arrest.

Now, why are so many residents of Baltimore destroying their own city
with looting and arson? Because it's a good way to get new shoes and
TVs for free? Seems to be. They sure know how to pick their heroes,
don't they?

By the way, none of the eight BPD officers who arrested Freddy has ever
had a complaint against him for brutality or use of excessive
force.

Freddie Grays arrest record:

03-20-15 dealing cocaine
08-28-08 possession of narcotics
10-05-12 illegal gambling
01-25-14 possession of narcotics over 10 grams
08-24-07 manufacturing and distribution narcotics
08/29-07 distribution of narcotics
09-16-08 distribution of narcotics
04-16-08 distribution of narcotics
05-09-12 distribution of narcotics
01-04-15 distribution of narcotics
12-31-14 distribution of narcotics
05-13-14 stolen property
07-16-08 distribution of narcotics
03-28-08 possession of narcotics
02-12-08 distribution of narcotics
09-29-13 distribution of narcotics
12-04-14 distribution of narcotics
12-04-14 possession of narcotics
03-20-08 burglary
03-20-08 possession of narcotics
09-21-07 distribution of narcotics
04-30-08 unlawful possession (two counts)

(Source Maryland Dept of Justice)
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       05-12-2015, 6:46 PM Reply   
Those reports — which raise questions about the injury that led to Freddy Gray's death in April 19 — point to Howard County court records as proof.

But court records examined by The Baltimore Sun show the case had nothing to do with a car accident or a spine injury. Instead, they are connected to a lawsuit alleging that Gray and his sister were injured by exposure lead paint.

So, no, it was not possible for Freddie Gray to have died from complications following a back surgery following a car accident, because there was no surgery and there was no car accident. Instead, there was a settlement from a lawsuit against the owner of the home Freddie and his sisters grew up in, alleging that exposure to lead paint caused “damaging lead levels in their blood, which led to educational, behavioral and medical problems.”

Is there anything in Froggie's post that hasn't been proven to be a lie? I don't want to live in a police state. I don't want proverbial brown coats (Nazi reference) breaking down my door because I'm the wrong color because eventually it will be because I'm the wrong religion, the wrong political affiliation or possibly just a gun owner.
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       05-13-2015, 3:41 AM Reply   
So is the arrest record also false ? I don't think he arrested for being black . More like being a convicted felon carrying a knife who ran from police? Nobody knows what actually happened yet but Freddie was bad news and to paint him as an innocent victim is ludicrous.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-13-2015, 7:42 AM Reply   
I guess I didn't know that the police had the authority to kill you for being a drug dealer. Maybe they watched too many episodes of Miami Vice...
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       05-13-2015, 8:48 AM Reply   
It is not illegal to be a felon carrying a legal sized pocket knife (which they didn't know about until after he was arrested). It is also not illegal to run from the police when they are chasing you illegally in the first place because you weren't committing a crime at the time. And considering the long list of lies you had already transcribed, Froggy, I would argue that the arrest record that you posted is also suspect. What pro police propaganda website are you getting your information from?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-13-2015, 9:22 AM Reply   
Even if the arrest record is valid, what was he doing wrong that the police stopped him in the first place? I see the whole "oh no, another bad guy got killed" thing that some people seem to think is ok but what if this guy didn't have this arrest record? Did they already know him or something?
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       05-14-2015, 5:24 AM Reply   
Who is to say if the knife was legal sized or not. The cops probably knew him from past encounters and when he ran that only attracted more suspicion.
You are right its not against the law to run from police if you are not committing a crime . The fact is if you run bad things will happen. Did he deserve to die probably not . Do I care there is one less drug dealing thug on the street not at all . If you want to feel bad for somebody that was abused by the cops look on YouTube there are hundreds of videos with law abiding citizens having bad interactions with police.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-14-2015, 10:27 AM Reply   
I thought they chased him and ultimately killed him simply because he was black.