Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (justcoz5)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-22-2008, 11:34 PM Reply   
OK so on Friday I decided to try my first invert, and I landed the tantrum on my 8th try, but it has left me with a bunch of questions.

1. I ride regular, and after all those attempts, spread out over 2 sessions, my right butt cheek is incredibly sore, and none of my falls caused me any pain, nor did I land on my butt. Does this mean I am leaning too far back? Has anyone dealt with this?

2. I tried another 8 and didn't land another one, but I seem to be coming down on my board and then sliding out. I fight to try and hold it for about a second, but I can't pop back up. Am I not carrying enough speed into it? Or am I just coming down a hair off and I will perfect it with more attempts?

3. I have terrible bindings. Ones where after about 10 minutes of riding my feet go numb. This doesn't seem to affect my riding, but I have ridden in my buddies close toed bindings and he wants to sell them to me. Would purchasing these bindings improve my ability to consistantly land this trick.

Thanks a bunch in advance
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-23-2008, 1:44 AM Reply   
1. Yeah, after falling on that side, you will get pretty sore. The only way to a avoid it is to land the trick! I had the same issue...

2. If you are sliding out, you may be trying to huck the flip to hard, and over rotating. You need to take speed into the trick, but really focus on popping "up" instead of "over," and you will clean the trick up.

3. No, but they may make your riding more comfortable, thus leading to more enjoyable and longer sets, which might improve your riding (psychologically, I guess.) Go for it!
Old     (justcoz5)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-24-2008, 2:03 PM Reply   
When I am sliding out my board is sliding out in front of me. It doesn't feel like I am over rotating, but almost like I and trying to stop on a snowboard once I land. Do I need to intentionally try and ride it far out into the flats once I come down on the board?
Old     (wakex2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-24-2008, 2:13 PM Reply   
try keeping the handle closer to your body... by doing this you'll allow the rope to pull you around... see it many time w/ friends landing the trick... get the pop and keep the handle close to your body