Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-09-2007, 11:17 AM Reply   
So how did the companies rank as far as sales go this year if you combined board and binding sales? Here is my guess (in order from most sales to least) and I hope I just didn't start a war!

Hyperlite
Liquid Force
CWB / Ronix
Obrien
Slingshot
Gator
Byerly
Old     (trewblu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-09-2007, 11:18 AM Reply   
your right
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-09-2007, 12:30 PM Reply   
you gotta fight, for your right,
to paaaaaaarrrr- tttaaayyyy!!

I think you're giving the slingspot a bit too high. and byerly too low.

War? Never!?!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-09-2007, 12:33 PM Reply   
i agree with nacho. byerly needs to be higher on the list, at least above slingshot.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-09-2007, 1:42 PM Reply   
I would be surprised to see LF under Hyperlite.
Last year they were number one in both bindings and boards and the year before number one in bindings - Based on my shops sales I would think they would have stayed consistent with the trend.
And Byerly I would think would be higher as well...
Old     (board2death)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-09-2007, 1:56 PM Reply   
Liquid Force
Hyperlite
CWB/ Ronix
O'Brien
Byerly
Slingshot
Gator
Hydroslide
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-09-2007, 1:58 PM Reply   
I would GUESS the top look something like:

LF
CWB / Ronix (CWB are the only ones I see at big box stores like Academy)
HL
Obrien

So who's got the answer key?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-09-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
Yeah, I don't see a ton of Byerly boards being sold but he has had a big following with his bindings.

Bmartin - I think you have to put Hyperlite at the top of the list. I think the average Joe out there is still buying the most well known brand of Hyperlite even though this discussion board may represent a more diversified section of the population.
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-09-2007, 2:47 PM Reply   
why are people lumping cwb and ronix together?? two totally seperate co's. i have seen hl in many big box stores, i have only seen cwb in some on a very limited basis
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-09-2007, 2:57 PM Reply   
"byerly needs to be higher on the list"

They have one board and one pair of boots right? I would expect them to be dead last. On the other hand, can't you count that as Hyperlite?

I would guess that Gator did better than Slingshot also with all the Vandall and Ricky G fans out there.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-09-2007, 3:01 PM Reply   
"why are people lumping cwb and ronix together"

Oh yeah, that too. I would be SHOCKED to see Ronix sales anywhere even close to CWB. I think I know one guy that ride a Ronix.

Scott A and AnT Bug!!! What are you selling the most of? You represent the larger retailer i the world, You should have a clue.

Last time I heard, you were having a hard time keeping CWB on the shelves
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-09-2007, 3:16 PM Reply   
j rod you would be surprised about ronix, most stores that i have seen carry them sold out on the "one" board mid june. They seem to sell very well. The big name riders they have cant hurt.
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-09-2007, 3:19 PM Reply   
I would say this
1. CWB/ LF If you look at the chain stores. Cope/ Gallions/ Chalet exc those are the package boards.
until the breakup of HO I think 40-50% was them.
2. HO/Byerly still the same company. I am almost positve the HO reps prolly rep Byerly as well.
the rest is split pretty equal. Ronix (says they wont sell to chains) from a business stanpoint they cant meet the demand yet. I dont know anyone who turns down money. Thats a bs story if I have ever heard one. They also need to be able to handle the warrenty requirements the chain stores want. Judging on the posts that were on here last year they have a lot on their plate.
Obrien, really stepped up I think they will increase sales. Their team is amazing as well. GB/and Slingshot will round it out. Slingshot will make a mark with good riders but in reality they make up for 5-20% of the market. They need a package board.
Old     (chris_williams)      Join Date: May 2007       10-09-2007, 3:28 PM Reply   
Does anyone have numbers or just guessing? Out in the LA area it seems like everyone gets a ronix or hyperlite then liquid force. Trevor Marquette is the only person that i know of riding a cwb that would ride with us but he's in az now.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-09-2007, 3:53 PM Reply   
This year I sold Ronix. I sold more pro models in Ronix than I ever have in any other line. I had to do several reorders.

Liquid Force pro model boots outsold Hyperlite 3 to 1 and Ronix 2.5 to 1.
Ronix boots outsold 2 to 1 over HL.
Ronix pro model boards 3 to 2 over LF.
Ronix pro model boards 5 to 1 over HL. LF pro model boards 3 to 1 over HL.

I have 26% of my Hyperlite gear leftover. 15% of Ronix and 13% of LF.

I don't carry CWB or Slingshot. Byerly is lumped in with Hyperlite.

I actually calculated all of these figures. It was a bit surprising.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-09-2007, 5:00 PM Reply   
LF
Hype
CWB
Ronix
Obrien
Gator
Slingshot
Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-09-2007, 5:02 PM Reply   
hyperlite
liquid force
cwb
ronix
obrien
gator
slingshot
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-09-2007, 5:29 PM Reply   
lf
cwb
ronix
hyperlite
obrien
gator
slingshot
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-09-2007, 5:31 PM Reply   
Soli is the winner!!!
Old     (ben_dover)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-12-2007, 6:08 PM Reply   
LF
Hyperlite
CWB
Obrien
Ronix
Gator
Slingshot

Trst me on this one. Ronis sold a lot of the One board and binding, but not much else.
Old     (ben_dover)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-12-2007, 6:10 PM Reply   
*Trust me.....Ronix..sorry about the typos!
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-12-2007, 9:02 PM Reply   
My shop's numbers were similar to Ryan's, though I sold more LF pro models than Ronix. The One boards were gone by mid-July or something like that, and they just flat out didn't have any more at the factory. I did sell a TON of CWB Vapors and Factions. Those, LF Omega/Diva and HL Motive/Divine packages, LF Jett, and HL Broadcasts were the items I had to really scramble to keep stocked this year.

But keep in mind that sales change a bit from region to region depending on which brands dealers carry, so until WBM or Alliance or WakeWorld convince the brands to fork over their sales numbers we'll never know who is the winner. My guess would be LF edging out HL for the top mark...unless you wanna count the lower end stuff that is sold to the "big-box" chain stores like Sports Authority or Walmart.