Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old    kidrik            05-09-2007, 5:42 PM Reply   
All you have to do is answer this simple yes or no question correctly......(scroll down slowly)

Will these keys float?

Upload

The answer is..............NO!

So the crewster who "tossed" them to me, instead of "hand" them to me failed this test! Bad toss equals "the drink"... Rookie move.
Actually, I take full responsibility. Even though the person who pulled and parked the trailer came down, loaded, and put the keys away........"I" should have grabbed them prior to jumping out on the dock! AND, "I" should have known that this particular "key to flotation device" ratio was effed up! My bad. But I did jump in to "rescue" them, and they did end up working! This person felt horrible, because a hundred times before that, we've always "handed" everything of non-floating value! Lesson learned by all!

And all my kids in my profile pic (4th grade max) answered correctly.......

Has this happened to anyone?
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-09-2007, 6:07 PM Reply   
Hasn't happened to me, yet.

What's the blue plastic thing on the chain?

-Steve
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-09-2007, 6:09 PM Reply   
Happened with my wallet and Ipod 2 weekends ago. Not a happy camper!
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-09-2007, 6:09 PM Reply   
.... Or you could just learn to catch.

Just Kidding! (I had to go there)

Blue thing is a light.
Old    kidrik            05-09-2007, 6:30 PM Reply   
Yes, blue thang is a light.........

Good S**T Robb! If you could have only seen the throw!!! Didn't even get to touch a body part..... That's why this "former" collegiate athlete wuz so upset! I think more because of the poor toss than almost effin' up the keys and our ride home!! LOL

They will never live it down.......what's now known at work as......"The Toss"...!
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-09-2007, 7:08 PM Reply   
Rik,

I have the same vehicle that you do and I am starter than a 5th grader. The car key and alarm keypad is all that it takes to sink that floatation device alone. At least you were able to recover the keys. How deep did you have to dive?
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-09-2007, 8:03 PM Reply   
Happened 2 years ago, wife threw keys to the KID who in 4 years of Pop Warner has never dropped a ball, but the keys - splooosh! 25 feet to the bottom. Went to walmart and got the biggest magnet I could find, tied to some anchor line and 2 hours later here come the keys. Extremely lucky!
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-09-2007, 8:17 PM Reply   
Don't ford's have the electronic keypads? If so, stop taking the keys with you and you won't have that problem.
Old    kidrik            05-09-2007, 8:28 PM Reply   
Well fellas, I tell ya......it was amazing. I had no life vest on of course, and just re-acted....I jumped in feet first.....nerves of steel......fighting the elements........and then...BAM! I reached down and with one mighty swoop, I grabbed and brought the keys up to safety!

Must have been a foot and a half, maybe two...My knees barely got wet.... (Thrown from the bow, and the launch was/is way shallow right now!)

Don't try this at home....

David, my 2nd grader's bustin' balls, and said you spelled "smarter" wrong....

Damn kids.
Old     (o2binvallarta)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-09-2007, 8:43 PM Reply   
Good for your second grader!
Old    kidrik            05-09-2007, 9:22 PM Reply   
^^^^relax.....just havin' a little fun. I'm the last one to give a F**K about spelying or grahmmer....

David B., I hope you didn't take anything as personal as others! We've joked in the past, and I still want to hook up, with or without the Col.!?

Evil, yes, but I just don't feel comfortable leaving the keys in the car.......I'll just try and pay attention more! And work on our short game!
Old     (jwr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-09-2007, 9:56 PM Reply   
lol, yeah, I had a different style of floaty key chain thingy, with a few keys on it, and filled up the bath tub to see if it would float, and it didn't so i kept taking the least neccisary key off, untill all i have is my boat key, and my car key! and it only floats a centimeter out of the water!
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-10-2007, 5:57 AM Reply   
Rik, sent you an email since PM was never received by either apparently....

My ph# is also in the email. This weekend is kid free for me...

Sorry, hijacked the thread.......

(Message edited by dabell on May 10, 2007)
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-10-2007, 6:00 AM Reply   
evilOne, no, not all fords have the electronic key pad. However, Rik's Expedition will have one.....
Old     (o2binvallarta)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-10-2007, 7:52 AM Reply   
Rik, I was being serious. I think its great that your 2nd grader picked up on someone else's grammatical errors.
Old    kidrik            05-10-2007, 8:07 AM Reply   
My bad! That's the one thing I hate about e-mail.......sometimes you can't get "how" someone means something.....then you read it again with a different meaning, and totally get it!

Sorry.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-10-2007, 8:08 AM Reply   
Yup your second grader is..... I'm also college edumecated.... duhhhhh... he he he I hate it when I type 80 words a minute and my finger type faster than my brain can think..... It's all good.... :-)
Old    kidrik            05-10-2007, 8:54 AM Reply   
Hey Dave, got your PM.......I'll hit ya back soon.

Peace