Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-09-2013, 2:21 PM Reply   
Guess my seats were not fully dry when I stored them, I had black mold on them, and when I scrubbed it off these yellow stains were underneath! I've tried almost everything to remove them with no luck! Has anyone else seen these type of stains?? I've tried simple green, vinyl cleaner, toothpaste, soft scrubb, magic eraser etc etc.....
Attached Images

Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-09-2013, 2:48 PM Reply   
Some time in the sun will take care of those stains.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-10-2013, 6:08 AM Reply   
^^^ this. The sun will bleach those out. If you used all those chemicals, I'd order some boat bling vinyl conditioner ASAP and get some protectants back in that vinyl.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-10-2013, 6:22 AM Reply   
yeah a couple sunny days is the only thing i know that works
Old     (MUNS)      Join Date: Jan 2012       02-10-2013, 11:38 AM Reply   
I did the exact same thing last year. I also posted on here, did everything everyone told me to and nothing worked. Alot of people said leave them out in the sun, but I didnt believe that would work, but wouldn't ya know it did.
I was pretty crushed about it for awhile, and it took quite some time for them to completely fade away but the sun will take care of it so don't fret!
Old     (MUNS)      Join Date: Jan 2012       02-10-2013, 11:43 AM Reply   
Heres a pic of mine, don't have an updated pic of it, but if you look at them now there is no hint the stains were ever there
Attached Images

Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-10-2013, 12:22 PM Reply   
Chatt your right! I did put some bling on them! OK i’m waiting for sun now! on a good note the rest of my vinyl came out nice, only two 8x8 areas that stained.Thanks, everyone! I feel better now!
Old     (Shewchuk)      Join Date: Nov 2012       02-10-2013, 5:35 PM Reply   
Our boat has yellow stains like that which are from the last owner. He did not lift the rear lounge seats and wipe away the water and those yellow stains exist in the lower back portion of the vinyl. This means you cannot see them when we are out on the lake, but when we come home and air out the boat in the garage I see those yellow stains everytime, and they bother me. In our case we cannot have the sun bleach these stains, as they are hidden away . Is there no cleaner available to deal with these ugly stains?
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       02-10-2013, 8:25 PM Reply   
Did you try "mold armor" the cleaner works best. It's a green bottle.