Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (makai_surfer)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-20-2007, 11:00 PM Reply   
My PP is doing some crazy thing and I need some help badly! It will sometimes not engage and surge, other times it will get close to the set speed lock off much slower then the setting, other times it over shoots the speed and just keeps going north with out locking off... Wow it really sucks and I need some help! Anyone have any ideas?
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-21-2007, 6:30 AM Reply   
Is your PP a Drive By Wire? If not, they had some issues with the other setup and if you contact your dealer, it should be a warranty issue. What you're describing is exactly what happened with mine and PP upgraded it to a DBW for free. Works sweet now.
Old     (morgs)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-21-2007, 10:57 AM Reply   
What make, model and year boat do you have? How much ballast do you run?
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-21-2007, 11:33 AM Reply   
I rode behind a 06 X45 for the first time last Friday, and was very excited. He had the exact same thing going on with his PP needless to say it made it difficult to ride behind. I'm not sure why it was so off, probably have to take it back to the dealer.
Old     (raspy)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-21-2007, 12:27 PM Reply   
OK this exact same thing happened to me. Check your flywheel. Its underneath the boat. It the thing that reads the speed and the PP. If you have ran it over or have have damaged it you'll need to get a new one. Super easy to do and its really cheap.
Old     (morgs)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-21-2007, 12:54 PM Reply   
You need to go into “Control Settings” and change the CS factor.

Try starting around 950 and go from there. Just move it 20 or so either way until you get the cruise acting like you want to. The Kdw and Nn should both be at 120.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-21-2007, 1:06 PM Reply   
My pp is doing the same thing. How do you go into control settings?
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-21-2007, 1:07 PM Reply   
Great people eager to help!
http://www.perfectpass.com/perfect_pass_contact_us.html
Old     (morgs)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-21-2007, 1:22 PM Reply   
The instructions how to change it are in the PP manual.

I have a scanned copy of the page somewhere i can dig up for you if needed.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-21-2007, 1:32 PM Reply   
http://www.perfectpass.com/pp_support_usersmanual.html