Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old    walt            11-18-2008, 10:30 AM Reply   
I've never been to Bass lake but it looks like a great location. Can anyone tell me more about the lake and the hotel. How are the general riding conditions ?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-18-2008, 10:47 AM Reply   
I used to go to Bass Lake when I was in HS. I just remember it being really windy. lots of tubers. of course, this was in the middle of summer, not spring time.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-18-2008, 10:58 AM Reply   
this is the first release of the location that i have heard of. when did that become "public" info
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-18-2008, 11:03 AM Reply   
dates?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-18-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
Yeah, you can bring Heather!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-18-2008, 11:12 AM Reply   
what are you saying dave, that she is more fun that me?
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-18-2008, 11:12 AM Reply   
it wasnt top secret or anything. but i think since jrod posted a picture in the thread in the events section.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-18-2008, 11:20 AM Reply   
We entered an agreement with Bass Lake / Pines Resort about a hour ago.

Like Tulloch, this lake can get rough during peak of summer I've heard. Although, we visited this location during the summer and it didn't look bad. Maybe just lucky timing. I observed decent water as I was eating one of the best Eggs Benedicts of my life overlooking the lake.

Double the number of rooms, double the number of restaurants, double the parking lot space, double the number of boat slips, double the number of bars, double the quality of the food, service, and the rooms. This place is perfect for us.

It's also MUCH closer to SoCal! When we first took over the Spring Ride, I recal some gripes that we were taking the event to far north and excluding the Socal Riders. We didn;t have mny options at that point. I hope to see more of you at the even this time around. We really think this local is perfect.

The plan is to add a rail jam this year.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-18-2008, 11:22 AM Reply   
May 8th and 9th.

Rooms are about the same price, maybe $20 more a night.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-18-2008, 11:24 AM Reply   
Well, now that you bring it up...:-) No, I was just responding to your previous post and making an attempt at being a smart ass!
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-18-2008, 11:30 AM Reply   
yay for rail jams
Old    K.B.C.            11-18-2008, 11:59 AM Reply   
Where is Bass Lake?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-18-2008, 12:06 PM Reply   
this bass lake?

Upload
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-18-2008, 12:08 PM Reply   
Directly East of Merced, very near Yosemite.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-18-2008, 12:09 PM Reply   
Me and Larry will be coming, is the new location closer to Arizona..
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-18-2008, 12:09 PM Reply   
www.basslake.com
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-18-2008, 12:12 PM Reply   
Looks like we can fly to Ben and Tony's and ride share!
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-18-2008, 12:30 PM Reply   
J-Rod,

I have heard that lake has 5 mph rule until 8AM...will they suspend that rule for that weekend so we can get an early AM set?

-Uj
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-18-2008, 12:38 PM Reply   
will the event be in front of the hotel like it was at tulloch or elsewhere?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-18-2008, 12:48 PM Reply   
We're working on special exceptions. It's possible that this rule can be lifted. Not sure yet.

The venue is very similar, Callen. You can hang out on the docks, in the restarant, the bar, poolside, the outdoor sundeck, or several other areas to watch the riders throw down. Everything is water front.

The biggest difference is the quality of this place. The staff is professional and polite. Food is great, evverything is clean and top notch. This is a real resort.
Old    mendo247            11-18-2008, 1:05 PM Reply   
Man that place looks NICE!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-18-2008, 1:15 PM Reply   
booked my room...jacuzzi party in my room.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-18-2008, 1:22 PM Reply   
Thanks but no thanks. We will pass on Bass lake. To many very stuffy old people that complain and sheriffs have a tower on the lake where they love to write tickets. My company has done a lot of work on the houses up there and have heard all the people talk about how they call the sheriff every chance they get because of the kids and there loud stereos drinking and partying. Good luck getting the rule lifted. this is a toilet bowl at 8 AM as soon as the clock strikes 8 everyone is sitting in waiting. The restaurant is a great place to eat and the resort is nice but I am afraid it is not ready for a Spring Ride.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-18-2008, 1:30 PM Reply   
The place looks great for a romantic getaway. Pretty upscale compared to Tulloch but maybe that's what you're aiming for.
Regardless, I'd like to take a trip up this winter and see what it's all about.
Old     (king_of_the_wake)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-18-2008, 1:34 PM Reply   
I have rid there it was smooth
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-18-2008, 1:41 PM Reply   
One of our friends who rides with us almost every day has a house up there on the lake and we still wont ride that lake. If you can honestly say it wasnt bad in the summer you must have been really intoxicated at the time.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       11-18-2008, 1:46 PM Reply   
ya but before memorial day how bad can the crowd be on the lake that isnt part of spring ride
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-18-2008, 2:19 PM Reply   
Ben, not quite the level of support we were hoping for from you.

This is off season.

We have approval from PG&E and the Sherrifs.

Don't break the law, and you won't get a ticket.

This is centered around a Doubleup contest, that's really all we need. I watched your son win $3000 2 years ago in some of the roughest water I have ever seen. I hope you will change your mind.

Tulloch is a horrble place to ride too, but it works for this off season event. Hopefully this will too.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-18-2008, 2:37 PM Reply   
So where's the best place to fly into for this event?

Is there camping available for those that don't want to get raped on hotel rates?

Will there be an abundance of ladies for a Canadian to hit on?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-18-2008, 2:41 PM Reply   
Isnt it funny. No matter what place you pic nothing is every good enough? Yea bass lake gets beat up in the summer but what poplar lake that can support a event like this dosent. Even If you had it @ a private ski lake completley surround from the wind by tree's someone would complain how the lake wasnt deep enough and the wake was no good, Bla, Bla, This lake sucks that location is bad this place is blown out, to many tube's here, tone's of jet ski'rs there. It's supper hard to put somthing on. People want a nice location that everyone can get to that can support the event but you want this magical oasis to somehow be un inhabbited?????? Sorry not gonna happen. Mabey the people un happy with spring ride should try driving out to Brostock.
Hats off to you guys for putting the events together. The spring ride is a great time to party and hang out and hook up with people you dont see all year. So what if its a bit crowed or blown out. There is always next weekend.
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-18-2008, 3:05 PM Reply   
agreed with what Grant said tis event is going ot be awesome once again hats off to th ewhole CIE crew for working there asses off puttign this on for everyone on the westcoast to come to and watch it is by far the best time of the year along with Garys DRA events
cant wait to see everybody i met last year and meet new people this year may is gunna come slow this year
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-18-2008, 3:17 PM Reply   
I support CIE and all the great things they do for wakeboarding. Don't care about water conditions they will be fine. The resort is very nice. The lake is plenty deep and not worried about being blown out. Just know a lot of the people and what they feel is their own slice of paradise and they really don't want a lot of partying to go on. I just want everyone to understand the event will be great all the boys at CIE will make sure of that. Just understand the people who live up there live there for a reason. Peace and solitude.
Old     (nick_scorny)      Join Date: May 2007       11-18-2008, 3:20 PM Reply   
Will the rail jam be another event going on during that day? Or will it be combined with just the main event
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-18-2008, 3:25 PM Reply   
Sounds fun, hopefully I'll be able to make it this year.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-18-2008, 3:47 PM Reply   
This resort is pet friendly, which is great. Hopefully we'll be there this year. :-)
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-18-2008, 3:58 PM Reply   
nevermind on the hot tub party in my room. got rid of it for a chalet(cabin). cant wait. its going to be a great time even if we cant have the stereos playing till 4am again. hahahaha.

lizzyb- are you sure about the pets? when i booked my room i think they told me no pets? not 100% sure but i think they told me that
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-18-2008, 4:05 PM Reply   
Jason - Per their website.. up to 2 dogs per room with a $75 fee.

I hope that is accurate - we definitely can't leave our dogs behind for a weekend.

http://www.basslake.com/pdf/pet-policy.pdf

(Message edited by lizzyb on November 18, 2008)
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-18-2008, 4:50 PM Reply   
Ok. I wasn't really paying attention to what they were saying about pets so that's why I said I could be wrong. That's cool if they do allow dogs though
Old     (steve_b)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-18-2008, 5:22 PM Reply   
PET FRIENDLY! I'M IN!!!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-18-2008, 6:23 PM Reply   
pet friendly??? we might be in!!!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-18-2008, 6:25 PM Reply   
so it looks like were not far from mammoth...whos down for a snowboard run before or after the event?.......hope everyone that is riding brings a wetsuit or drysuit
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-18-2008, 6:31 PM Reply   
The good thing about Bass lake is you can hit "bass lake-ups" by driving a strait line. You may even get a "triple or Quadrulpule bass lake-up"!!! The only time to ride this lake is at 7 in the morning and the reason why is because the lake is closed. My family has a house on the lake and we dont even launch our boat there.....
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-18-2008, 6:49 PM Reply   
Hey J-rod. I have heard from friends that have gone to Bass lake that if your boat is new on the lake you need to take it to the ranger station for a $20
inspection. After your boat is checked out you can use the lake. Do you know if the Lake Po Po will be out this time of year? will you need to have they Bass Lake shake down?
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-18-2008, 6:57 PM Reply   
booked and looking forward to it. looks like a really nice place.

thanks again to the CIE guys for all their hard work putting these events together.

t-dawg is looking forward to attending his first spring ride. walt, maybe you'll finally be able to meet the dog you made famous for driving a boat on ww.

tim
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-18-2008, 7:04 PM Reply   
Be sure to mention CIE Spring Ride when you call.

Boat Owners / Grant, They enforce an annual boating permit, but not for this weekend. I think it actually costs more than $20. I have been assured that we are missing this by a couple of weeks. You'll have to pay a launch fee. If you want to keep your boat in a slip, you will have top rent a slip. I think they're $20 per day, but, it's your slip. You won't return to find someone else in it.

There's gas, boat repair, patio boats and 08 Wakesetters for rent. There's a general store, and a proshop that sells boat supplies and parts.
Old    walt            11-18-2008, 7:54 PM Reply   
I'll be looking for T-Dawg. Will he be driving the D-up's ?
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-18-2008, 8:49 PM Reply   
i was reading all the post to see what everyone thought about it but got tired of it half way threw. I'm the friends that Ben C is talking about that has a house on the lake. From my house in Fresno to my house at bass lake its a little under of 1 hour. i don't even go up there to ride in the summer. i will say that it shouldn't be that bad the dates that they picked. I don't know if the CIE guys relized that to have your boat on that lake for even one day you have to have your boat registration with bass lake for the year which is going to cost each boat about 70 bucks. one side of the lake which is 4 miles is surrounded by 1.5 to 6 million dollar cabins. every dock has a boat at it and probably 60% of the lake front cabins have a couple boats which can get up toward a couple hundred thousand dollars. many of those cabins are owned by rich snoby retired people that will call the cops on anyone that they want. I'm just saying that its not the best place for a whole lot of drunk people to be at that early in the season. but we'll just have to see how it goes. if any of you would like to rent small cabins i would check out Millers Landing or the Forks Marine. I'll be there at my cabin. If anyone has any questions on the lake or surrounded areas just ask me. i've been there since i was born.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-18-2008, 9:06 PM Reply   
Well if what you guys are saying if true then bass lake is up for a rude awakening
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-18-2008, 9:24 PM Reply   
yeah i'm with jason they have no idea wut's coming there way lol! this is gonna be great i already can't wait!!!!
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       11-18-2008, 11:58 PM Reply   
so sounds like its going to be a one shot deal. There going to really hate wakeboarders after that weekend.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-19-2008, 1:02 AM Reply   
oooooooooo yeah it'll be a one shot deal for sure. the people that live on the lake will offer up however much money they have to to not have something like that come back. it gets pretty crazy up there on the 4th of july and they all hate it up there for those couple of days people have off. the best part about it is that i'll get to hear all the complaining from my customers. it should be fun hahaha.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-19-2008, 7:19 AM Reply   
RE: Ryan Lacefields post....as I mentioned above, the annual permit / fee is NOT ENFORCED on this weekend. Launch ramp fee, that's it.

The goal is to have a night time Rail Jam following the DU contest.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-19-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
any body got room for a minnesota guy to join?!?!? we need to get something like this in minnesnowda.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-19-2008, 8:51 AM Reply   
Make that Two Minnesota Guys to Show Up!

I am totally into the Idea of a Night Rail Jam after a DU Contst!!!!! That would be SICK!

What's a guy gotta do to get on the list?

(Message edited by andy nintzel on November 19, 2008)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-19-2008, 9:12 AM Reply   
Andy, I was going to ask you to come out. If you could make it, that would ROCK!!! I would love to see you and Colin in the contests too.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-19-2008, 10:00 AM Reply   
Rad dude! I will check with Colin and get some tickets!
Old    kc700            11-19-2008, 10:07 AM Reply   
Andy, I have a friend with a house up there and I know he has a few extra rooms if you and colin would be interested....Ill check with him today and see whats up.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-19-2008, 10:40 AM Reply   
Thank you Kyle!
Old    kc700            11-19-2008, 10:55 AM Reply   
No prob.....Ive had some good times with the Minnesota boys it would be great to have em out. MN is great, where else can pound mich golden for three days then watch colins sister in law fall down the stairs....amazing.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-19-2008, 11:45 AM Reply   
hahahahahaha, Kyle I forgot all about that. man she took one of the hardest diggers I have ever seen! Straight flew from top bottom and of rock hard wooden stairs.

Not to mention Kyle I watched you consume the biggest triple Burger ever!
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-19-2008, 11:58 AM Reply   
Rooms are about the same price, maybe $20 more a night.

I don't know about that, though I might be off base on the Tulloch pricing since I've refused to pay for a room at that dump the last few years.

Our 2 queen partial lakeview chalet (4 adults) is $220/night. I'm pretty sure that we are at the low end of the price range with that res so expect the suites to be a bit more. The breakdown was in-season pricing, no group discount, and $20 per adult per night after 2.

An important note for the pet people. The number of pet-friendly rooms is limited. If you're planning to take pets, make your reservations now and be sure to tell them you need a pet-friendly room.

I'm not gonna cheap out on a Spring Ride, but I feel like I was just raped.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-19-2008, 12:03 PM Reply   
there are 75+ rooms in the $159 / $179 per night range.

The more expensive rooms are 209 nd 229 per night.
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-19-2008, 12:38 PM Reply   
Not trying to fight about it J-Rod, but that's not consistent with the pricing I was quoted. I was told that the more expensive rooms were actually in the 270 or 280 range. Maybe there is a misunderstanding on pricing (could easily be on my part)?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-19-2008, 1:11 PM Reply   
I will make a call.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-19-2008, 1:14 PM Reply   
I just called and talked to their reservations department and she quoted me $149 for Friday and Saturday night for the Mountainside King Chalet (the most basic room). For the lakeside King Chalet the rate is $209.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-19-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
Nate,

I just called. I asked for a room with 2 queen beds for Spring Ride weekend. I was quote 159.00 per night.

If you go Lake View, the cost will go up. If you tell them you have more than 2 per room, the cost will also go up.

Looking forward to seeing you there buddy!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-19-2008, 1:38 PM Reply   
OH Yeah My Standard Practice is to always say there are just 2 People staying in the room. Hotels always jack up the prices when you add additional guests.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-19-2008, 1:54 PM Reply   
Colin could win the DU contest, I've seen him ride from the boat, mad skills. Andy post up the meaty DU shot of Colin.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-19-2008, 2:10 PM Reply   
on it
Upload
Upload

Picture this to blind
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-19-2008, 2:12 PM Reply   
http://www.wakepics.com/video/19933/hoochie-to-blind-over-josh-josh-front-over-colin-indy-krypt-over-josh

Live in Video, take into consideration he is about 15 beers deep here.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-19-2008, 2:15 PM Reply   
and I know, I Know he doesnt have a life Jacket on! never Happen again we apologize!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-19-2008, 2:22 PM Reply   
www.wakepics.com/video/20634/hoochie-to-blind-of-double-up

Found one more, he did land this but I was so excited I pulled the Camera Up! Stupid Rookie move on my part.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-19-2008, 2:33 PM Reply   
Yeah, yeah, I've seen it bigger. Nice camera work Andy J/K bro.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-19-2008, 2:36 PM Reply   
If anybody is flying in to fresno to ride and they need to get to the event EMAIL me and I will see if I can get that taken care of for you. This Event will be fantastic.

I think that Bass Lake will survive and the event will be a huge success.

Like J-Rod said earlier "Don't break the law, and you won't get a ticket." Also with the Fee not being enforced that means you wont have to get your boat inspected by the Sheriff. That probably means they wont be in the tower either. All things are pointing to a great Spring Ride.

The best thing we can do is fill the hotel with Spring Ride and we wont have to worry about complaining.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-19-2008, 3:23 PM Reply   
Ben, not sure if Alex will be back from Orlando in time for this event, if he is I will take you up on your offer, thanks
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-19-2008, 4:27 PM Reply   
Yeah...I guess I should have cheated and never said 4 adults, but it was a loaded question when I'm asking for the '2 queen bed' option. I don't like breaking hotel rules because they have you by the balls once they have you're CC#. Coincidentally, I learned this lesson at Tulloch.

May seems like forever from now.
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-19-2008, 5:00 PM Reply   
I can't wait for spring to roll around.
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-19-2008, 10:24 PM Reply   
damn these days seem onger now that i know the date lol haha spring time better get here soon
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-19-2008, 10:38 PM Reply   
Randy sounds good. Not sure if Tony will be back from Orlando by then either. He leaves in about 9 hours.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-21-2008, 11:36 AM Reply   
I just spoke to the resort again. Guys, make sure you say you're with the CIE event, otherwise you will be told that the rooms are sold out.