Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-04-2010, 4:52 PM Reply   
This is not about what wakeboarding does for you! but what you do for wakeboarding!

So what do you do for wakeboarding?

(being that it involves wakeboarding it's probably for you too, but don't twist my question!)

I can stand proud and say that this year I have so far introduced 5 new people to the sport. I am always contributing to coaching those that I ride with that I can contribute to. I actively promote wakeboarding in Alberta, running the Alberta Wakeboarders group on facebook and being part of the team that organizes events. I officiate at tournaments and help run events.

At the end of the day it's wakeboarding, and wakeboarding returns my investments in many ways, but those are some of the things that I try to do for wakeboarding.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-04-2010, 6:23 PM Reply   
when someone says "whats wakeboarding?" I tell them it's like snowboarding, but on the water.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-04-2010, 6:41 PM Reply   
i also have introduced about 5 to 6 new people to wakeboarding.also have coached young wakeboards to learn new tricks and enter contests.i help everyone i know who wants help with wakeboarding. i regularly buy new equipment for myself and my wife and some of my students.i also share my wakeboard videos with other wakeboarders.
Old     (wakezone804)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-04-2010, 6:47 PM Reply   
I teach at a High school where I have started a board club. This gives students exposure to a new sport where I can coach and teach kids about the sport or to progress their riding!!!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-04-2010, 10:54 PM Reply   
I told Wakeboard Geezer that his "I like Chili" wakeboard poem was crap.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-05-2010, 6:00 AM Reply   
taught 4 people, sold 1 a set-up, and taught 2 drivers so far
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-05-2010, 7:19 AM Reply   
member of the WBA, help organise comps, coach at clinics, help anyone who asks, just try to spread the passion really
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-05-2010, 7:35 AM Reply   
Since I am no longer a dealer, I help people find wicked good deals on boats for fun. I help out at tournaments when I can. I teach a few people to ride and drive boats every month. I am also a very generous riding buddy when I am boatless, I clean, wrench, and pay cash for pulls.