Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-22-2010, 8:55 AM Reply   
Headin down with 8 of my closest We're actually only gonna hit the Games Sunday because we'd rather ride cable in Tampa since it's guaranteed to be a mad house at OWC... but I'm curious who all will be out there? We should totally set a time Sunday for a WW Member cable shred hour bahahah.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-22-2010, 6:23 PM Reply   
not for nothing but if I remember correctly there was hardly anyone riding cable while the comp was going on. I could be totally wrong though.
Old     (jrich)      Join Date: Oct 2009       04-22-2010, 9:03 PM Reply   
I rode the cable all wknd back in 08 and never waited longer than 5 min to ride. Tampas cable is the shiz so I can't say I blame you there. I'm down for a ww sesh on the cable 4 sure.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-29-2010, 8:22 AM Reply   
Is there any place giving updates as far as heats and stuff?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-29-2010, 10:17 AM Reply   
http://twitter.com/theWWA

Answer my own question, in case others didn't know.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-29-2010, 10:40 AM Reply   
Any more results from today? Any have the rider list for all the riders for tomorrow, including the ams?
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-29-2010, 10:41 AM Reply   
Should be rad... curious to see who takes the first real stop of the year. Prolly Harley but we'll see!

I've been the last 3 years and mid day the line is past the turnstile... and like DNasty said, Tampa is where its at (Not trying to start the which park is better argument... just sayin').

The ALWake and Shred Ready crew will be on the cable at ODub from prolly 11ish till prolly 4ish Sunday. We'll be in a White Toyota Sequoia and everybody will be in Shred Ready helmets on LF or CWB so if you're out there hit us up!
Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-29-2010, 10:49 AM Reply   
I'll be there sunday! Also going to ride McCormicks on Monday! Will you be there luker?
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-29-2010, 10:51 AM Reply   
Yeah bro... our tentative plan has been Tampa Saturday and Monday... OWC on Sunday. We'll have to meet up for sure!
Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-29-2010, 10:54 AM Reply   
sick! Ill be riding the same set-up as you! I just got my hybrid on tuesday and this will be the first day trying it out! I was actually reading your reviews on it and its sounds like a blast to ride
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-29-2010, 11:17 AM Reply   
Its super fun... I actually ride the Henshaw press on the cable because I rode it all winter and it hasn't broken.... plus my hybrid is still my pretty boat board for now hahaahahaha. Stoked man... see you out there!
Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-29-2010, 11:38 AM Reply   
haha the ladies love that board I am sure! I have actually only rode cable once and only ride boat since we dont have any cables in Canada....yet...My local area is supposed to be getting a 2.0 system this spring only 15min from my house so I wanted something that I could use for both! Seeya there!
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       04-29-2010, 6:33 PM Reply   
I can't believe how many big guns in guys and girls are already out in the first round! Murray, Watson, Ruck, Marquardt...
Old     (bcail)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-30-2010, 6:02 AM Reply   
I've got a couple of friends riding in the games. Good luck to all of the riders. Go big or go home........
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-30-2010, 11:56 AM Reply   
Thanks WWA for the updates!
Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-30-2010, 4:59 PM Reply   
Anyone have the results for the Junior Men's last two heats (3 & $)?
Old     (ajimmyjammin)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-01-2010, 9:28 PM Reply   
we got some pulls on the cable friday and it was smooth sailing all day, hopefully we get some more of the same tomarrow....i'm on just about the same schedule as jason my hotal is in tampa but i'll be back in orlando tomarrow morning for the event and some pulls on the cable. then it'll be mccormicks for the rest of the week. i'm driving a red full size gmc p/u, riding a ronix one hope to see you guys there.
Old     (JJ)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-02-2010, 9:39 AM Reply   
Wow. Phil, Bob and Rusty all in the same semi. Rathy and Harley in the same. One advances. Seems crazy to me.
Old     (alevitt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-02-2010, 12:41 PM Reply   
Should be an interesting final: http://twitpic.com/1kdvsa
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-02-2010, 1:30 PM Reply   
Holy Sh*t Josh Palma in the finals!!! Talk about coming out of left field. I mean I know he has been on tour for a while and qualified last year, but for never making it out of round 1 into the finals, talk about stepping up your game!! That is one crazy final. If they all stand up their passes i don't know who would win. Maybe a 10 will be going down off the dub or the double front roll 180 (can't the name)
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-02-2010, 1:35 PM Reply   
Hot off the press...Harley wins wake games
Attached Images

Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-02-2010, 2:19 PM Reply   
here are all of the heats. that rusty, phil and bob heat was rediculous. i don't know how they all ended up together, i thought the ranking system prevented situations like this.
Attached Images