Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (dgoulet)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-22-2007, 4:03 PM Reply   
This might sound like a dumb question, but I read a lot of previous posts on tube filming and I could not find an answer. What happens when the rider falls when filming on a tube from behind? Will the rider get run over by the tube? Anyone ever had bad experiences doing that?
Thanks
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-22-2007, 5:02 PM Reply   
If the rider falls in front of the tube he's most likely going to get hit so don't shoot beginners.

You can also shoot from the front side if your worried about it.
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-22-2007, 9:05 PM Reply   
most of the time if your filming a rider from a tube and they fall... they wont fall directlly in front of the tube which is usually inside the wake
Old     (littleblightie)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-23-2007, 12:41 AM Reply   
That happened to a mate of mine, he was filming for his movie, and the rider forgot about the rope, and just cruised through... Made for some interesting footage!
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-23-2007, 1:11 PM Reply   
Generally, you should only be filming from behind the rider with riders who know what they are doing. Just wear a helmet and be safe man!
Old     (isler)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-23-2007, 3:55 PM Reply   
When I shoot in a tube behind a rider, I wear a helmet. It's very rare, though, that the rider will fall in the middle of the wake...provided you're working with good riders. Don't set anything up that is beyond the rider's, or your, abilities.