Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-25-2006, 9:50 AM Reply   
What pro riders will be on top. Who will be some suprises. My thoughts

Pro Men- Rusty, Danny H, JD.
Suprises- Judges look for more style and amplitude which doesn't favor Soven and some of the others. US riders dominate this year.

Pro women- Friday, Copeland. Majors comes back with more new mobes and harder tricks
Suprises- Barrett and Johnson step it up and put some pressure on the ladies especially the sliders.

Wakeskate- Reed hanson

Jr Men- Errington, Hair and Lariche. Errington and Lariche live in FL and train with Ferraro and have been riding all year and are on top of their game. Hair lives up north and doesn't ride until April but is the best athlete. Plus GA boyz Rhett and Lee, Daniel Waldon.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-25-2006, 10:08 AM Reply   
how about murray he is suppose to be back on the tour this year, GO Shaun
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-25-2006, 10:30 AM Reply   
Andrew Adkison in Pro and watch for Dustin Shows in Jr. Men.
Wakeskate I agree with Reed Hansen brother of Trevor Hansen, the kid has been tearin it up on a wakeskate!!
Old     (mr_incredible)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-25-2006, 10:07 PM Reply   
i thik that jeff house will be a contender in his first season of the pros
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-26-2006, 7:48 AM Reply   
I agree with you on that Tony Jeff House is going to suprise some people. So whats up with you Tony? How are you doin? Feelin Better I hope.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-26-2006, 8:15 AM Reply   
I got to ride with Jeff a few weeks ago. He definitely has the skills. Just watching him warm up was really cool to watch. He started with basic spins, going from reg front side to switch backside. 1s, 3s, 5s....it was sick. Apparently he has a 9 but we only saw the ts 7
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-26-2006, 8:58 AM Reply   
That's awesome, Jarrod... I have seen Jeff's name a couple times in the competition standings, and I'd imagine he can only get better.

I sometimes try rides where everything I throw, I throw switch after. But.... I can only get so far

I havn't seen Rusty ride since he was at home riding in our club, but even then he had mad steeze, and I have heard, and believe, that he has some of the craziest style out there right now. And he always goes HUGE, if that is what judges are looking for then he will do just fine. One thing I remember about him riding is he used to throw the biggest indy tantrum I have ever seen.... He landed practically already fully cut out for his next hit, and every time his board would land perfectly flat with that loud "CRACK" like his board was snapping (and sometimes did).

If judges are looking for style and amplitude, Rusty will do great :-)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-26-2006, 9:11 AM Reply   
Last year I watched Rusty win in Reno on water that wasn't even ridable for most. While the other big name were struggling to throw ungrabbed backrolls to gain points, Rusty was still stomping his big tricks like it was glass out there.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-26-2006, 11:35 AM Reply   
Yep, that's how we do in Saskatchewan.

lol, just kidding. but I sure wish I was there to see Rusty win.
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-27-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
Jeff H was a steal on the fantasy league so I picked him up. I hope to see amplitude and style count more this year as well as versatility. Spin to win can make a dull run if a guy throws 75% of his tricks spinning. I like the open format but I think riders need to have spins, mobes, raleys and obstacles.

I heard the kicker will be in play. It is good for spectators if nothing else. Wakeboarding needs t make it fan appealling and tv apealing.