Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Marlinman)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-07-2012, 8:51 PM Reply   
For those of you that have been to boat shows this year, are any of the manufacturers giving additional incentives? Extended warranties, upgrades, money, and etc.... I am most interested in MC but interested in all. Thanks,...
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-07-2012, 9:19 PM Reply   
Be prepared to drop coin. Last year at the show a half loaded (5.7l base motor, 2 tower speaks, heater and BIG) mc x-2 was 89729 out the door for boat show special pricing. Not sure about what this year will look like for incentives but I'm pretty sure everyones privies went up 2% at the least.

Good luck purchasing, beat the dealer up good so you get a good deal
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-08-2012, 9:24 AM Reply   
I have always heard stories about boat show pricing. Is it real? What is the catch? Do you have to buy what they bring or can you place an order at a show? I always thought it would be high pressure and a knee jerk reaction trying to get a deal at a show. I am currently ready to make a purchase, I think I know exactly what I want, is it a good idea to try and buy at a show? What kind of savings are we really looking at? No big fish stories please
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-08-2012, 9:31 AM Reply   
I heard at the Austin Boat Show coming up there will be SANTE 230 at boat show price of $97k...if that sounds like an "incentive"
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-08-2012, 11:05 AM Reply   
Well it depends on the dealer and show.
You're looking at big savings at some manufacturers and little to none at others
Try a 65 for a CC 200 or 60 for a TIGE rzr both loaded to the gills after some negotiating and those were both custom order. Other brands don't flex MC and Malibu for instance basically said this is the price so deal with it, looking at 90 and 78k for a 20 footer we
Walked.... But then again different shows different dealers different prices.. Make sure you go in with an open mind, we went into the show for an axis a20 and came out with an rzr because we got a lot more boat for damn near the same price, deals are to be had if the conditions are right but shop everyone if you want to get the most for your cash
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2012, 5:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySki View Post
I have always heard stories about boat show pricing. Is it real? What is the catch? Do you have to buy what they bring or can you place an order at a show? I always thought it would be high pressure and a knee jerk reaction trying to get a deal at a show. I am currently ready to make a purchase, I think I know exactly what I want, is it a good idea to try and buy at a show? What kind of savings are we really looking at? No big fish stories please
We bought a boat last year from the boat show.The one at the boat show was cheaper but had less options by far than what we ordered.Our boat was loaded to the gills and we saved nearly 27% off MSRP.So depending on the Manufacturer you can save alot at a boat show.
Old    TN22            01-08-2012, 7:49 PM Reply   
Here's Moomba's Special Boat Show Incentives

http://www.moomba.com/boat_show/index.htm

And Supra's

http://www.supraboats.com/boat_show/index.html
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2012, 8:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN22 View Post
Here's Moomba's Special Boat Show Incentives

http://www.moomba.com/boat_show/index.htm

And Supra's

http://www.supraboats.com/boat_show/index.html
Wow it's 1000 extra to get a 3 year bow to stern warranty on a Supra?
Old    TN22            01-08-2012, 8:29 PM Reply   
Standard is 1 year I think, and that's just the value you're getting for free at a boat show if you want the extended warranty. Could be wrong though
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-09-2012, 4:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN22 View Post
Standard is 1 year I think, and that's just the value you're getting for free at a boat show if you want the extended warranty. Could be wrong though
Your not getting it for free if you could get a heater and transom light instead.Most other boats have longer warranties.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-09-2012, 8:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Your not getting it for free if you could get a heater and transom light instead.Most other boats have longer warranties.
When I got my Moomba back in 2009 (don't have it anymore) it came with a standard 4 yr engine and drive train warranty, lifetime hull, and 1 year on electronics and accessories. I'd assume Supra probably has that same warranty since they are the same company. I do remember the extra extended 2 yr warranty was well over $1000. Now it's a standard 3 yr engine warranty with option to buy an extended 2 yrs for the engine only (no tranny or v-drive)
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-09-2012, 9:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
I think they put a dollar amount on the 3 year tip to tail warranty for the buyer who is trying to maximize his value at the show with the Pick 5 program.

The standard warranty is:

Year 1 – Supra Limited Warranty for components
Lifetime – Supra Limited Warranty for fiberglass structure
Engine - Indmar Products Limited Warranty for the engine- 3 Years including electical and fuel system
Trailer - Boatmate Trailers Limited Warranty - 5 Years from date of MFG.

I think that besides Correct Craft (5 years, but most items are 3 years P&L and 2 years Parts only), this falls in line with most other boat company warranties. In all honesty though, I've been searching MC and 'Bu's website for the fine print on their warranties and have come up short so far.

Manufacturers can include and market longer warranty periods through deals with the indivual component suppliers (engine, gel, electronics, carpet, upholstery, etc), but it costs $$. You pay for it in the price of the boat at the end of the day.

You can also buy extended warranty coverage through a third party at your dealer....and with the money you save on a Supra compared to a CC, Bu or MC, you can buy a whole lot of warranty!

All the big boys are making great boats these days.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-09-2012, 10:10 AM Reply   
You can get a good luck at bucher's a$$ by sticking your head up there....

Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of ****. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

Like NAW said, if you are getting a longer warranty you are just paying for it in the price of the boat.
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-09-2012, 10:12 AM Reply   
I have been looking at the MB Sport boats and I think their warranty is 3 years engine, 5 years everything else. Anyone have more details on this? I am only going by their website. Maybe someone that has one can look at the details in their paperwork.
Old     (davenk)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-09-2012, 10:55 AM Reply   
We were at the Houston Boat show and saw some incentives. I didn't look real close though since I am not buying anytime soon. Tige seemed to pulling out all the stops and having a great display of boats. I did look at all inboard boats even though I am biased to Tige. I saw a Mastercraft that was about $89.900 said a discount of somthing around $20,000, so the boat was well into the 6 figures. Tige had their new fully loaded flag ship Z3 for around $88,000. Tige by far seems to have really stepped up and look a lot better then the others.
Old     (humboldt9)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-09-2012, 12:54 PM Reply   
I was working the NYC boat show over this past weekend. Only the big three were there, and all I have to say is be prepared to drop some serious coin. That being said the 2012 models looked pretty good (that's if your willing or able to spend $80k+ for virtually every model from the big three). Beware, they were posting ridiculous MSRP's coinciding with "Boat show discounts" that still resulted in overinflated prices.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-09-2012, 1:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
Be prepared to drop coin. Last year at the show a half loaded (5.7l base motor, 2 tower speaks, heater and BIG) mc x-2 was 89729 out the door for boat show special pricing. Not sure about what this year will look like for incentives but I'm pretty sure everyones privies went up 2% at the least.

Good luck purchasing, beat the dealer up good so you get a good deal
Second that, last year Nor Cal MC quoted me a boatshow special of $95k for the X-25, plus tax and fees. Basically $103k out of the door, needless to say this is why I dont own the X-25... should have went to school to become a doctor. I dont really think anyone had any "boat show" special pricing, at least I did not see anything that was a jaw dropping, get out my checkbook and lets make a deal price. Last year Malibu offered the I-pad 2 when purchasing a boat, so I do have the most expensive I-pad 2 ever purchased.

Last edited by fman; 01-09-2012 at 1:47 PM.
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-09-2012, 2:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fman View Post
Second that, last year Nor Cal MC quoted me a boatshow special of $95k for the X-25, plus tax and fees. Basically $103k out of the door, needless to say this is why I dont own the X-25... should have went to school to become a doctor. I dont really think anyone had any "boat show" special pricing, at least I did not see anything that was a jaw dropping, get out my checkbook and lets make a deal price. Last year Malibu offered the I-pad 2 when purchasing a boat, so I do have the most expensive I-pad 2 ever purchased.

Most expensive Ipad 2 - that made me laugh.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       01-10-2012, 4:42 AM Reply   
Orlando boat show this weekend, FSS, Nautique, MC, Bu, Axis, Tige, and MB will be shown.
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-10-2012, 7:25 AM Reply   
@polarbill great reference. Just like the movie it's a big deal to be able to trust the people behind the product
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-10-2012, 8:05 AM Reply   
Would love to see the final prices with all the incentives added. I would bet the MB has far more features and will actually be cheaper once you add all the incentives. Weird marketing to offer gelcoat upgrades. Not dissing them, just seems a strange way to market a boat. Curious where Axis will end up in pricing this boat show system as well.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-10-2012, 8:50 AM Reply   
I thought MB wasn't doing incentives for boat shows on current year models. IF they are then people are getting an even better deal on an already great boat which is generously priced from the start.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-10-2012, 9:08 AM Reply   
Generously priced? Just looked at their website and they list an MSRP of $74,995 for the F23 excluding trailer, dealer prep, freight or options.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       01-10-2012, 9:08 AM Reply   
From what I have heard and this could only be at the Denver boat show this weekend. MB is offering discounts on the options they have. Or at least the dealer here is offering discounts on the options.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-10-2012, 10:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudontn View Post
Generously priced? Just looked at their website and they list an MSRP of $74,995 for the F23 excluding trailer, dealer prep, freight or options.
That is an MSRP price, which means absolutely nothing. I think the F23 is the tomcat but from what I can tell the 23 TWB can be had loaded up for 60-65 and the 21TWB/21 Tomcat is a couple grand less. That includes tower, bimini, nice stereo, cover, 343 motor, PP, tandem trailer, swivel racks and probably a couple other things. This does not include tax and license. Tax and license should not be included when people are trying to compare prices on boats. Different states have different tax rate and some don't have sales tax at all. Good luck finding any mastercraft, nautique or Malibu that compares size wise with one of those models for close to that price. Hell, Axis' and Moombas are about the same price as the MBs now and from a fit and finish as well plushness there is no comparison between the 2.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-10-2012, 10:30 AM Reply   
^^^ exactly $ for $ your getting a lot more boat with MB and the wake (wakeboard or surf) is very good and more than enough
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-10-2012, 10:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by you_da_man View Post
^^^ exactly $ for $ your getting a lot more boat with MB and the wake (wakeboard or surf) is very good and more than enough
I know people get sick of hearing about MBs and my intention isnt' to be a huge MB cheerleader because I haven't been on one so it is all based off of this site but they sure seem to be very strong in a lot of areas. The stock wakeboard wake is well above average, the stock surf wake is above average, the wakes with additional weight are supposed to be really good, they have a ton of room for their size, they have a great rough water ride, they have the fatest ballast system, they have very nice gelcoats, they are a nice/plush boat and they are one of the cheapest.

Really I don't see any reason why they should offer any incentives, especially if their facotry is near full capacity. They are already a better deal then anything else.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       01-10-2012, 1:12 PM Reply   
MSRP on a F21 is 63.9k They are sitting at dealerships all over the country for less than that with options. The 2 at my local dealership are priced at $59,999.

MSRP on the 23 TWB is 68.9k The one at my local dealership is $69,999 and it has the upgraded engine and quite a few other things.

For comparison the MSRP on an Axis A22 was 39k when they came out (not sure if they still use that figure) Get one loaded up these days and you are in the mid to upper 50s.

This link says the MSRP on this X25 is 108k

http://www.norcalmastercraft.com/det...w-6566577.html

So which seems like the better deal?
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       01-10-2012, 5:37 PM Reply   
This is one (23TWB) that I will be showing this weekend in Orlando, the other is the actual MB Sports 2012 F21 Tomcat brochure / web site boat (red / white / silver metalic X with black pin stripe) and they both will be in Jacksonville for the show at the end of the month, happy boat show shopping shoppers !
Attached Images

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-10-2012, 6:35 PM Reply   
That is a beautiful MB! So what are the boat show incentive prices on this??
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-10-2012, 7:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruizza View Post
MSRP on a F21 is 63.9k They are sitting at dealerships all over the country for less than that with options. The 2 at my local dealership are priced at $59,999.

MSRP on the 23 TWB is 68.9k The one at my local dealership is $69,999 and it has the upgraded engine and quite a few other things.

For comparison the MSRP on an Axis A22 was 39k when they came out (not sure if they still use that figure) Get one loaded up these days and you are in the mid to upper 50s.

This link says the MSRP on this X25 is 108k

http://www.norcalmastercraft.com/det...w-6566577.html

So which seems like the better deal?
Those MB prices seem inflated. I have seen them all over listed at dealerships for 2012 F21 @ $53-54K and have been told by multiple people that they are $50K to order. I just went to the factory today for a tour and I will be placing my order early next week. I had seen the B52 in person before the factory tour today and really liked it. Today I got to see the F21 that I really wanted to see and made the decision to buy. I am going to start the paperwork next week when I get back home.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-10-2012, 7:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySki View Post
Those MB prices seem inflated. I have seen them all over listed at dealerships for 2012 F21 @ $53-54K and have been told by multiple people that they are $50K to order. I just went to the factory today for a tour and I will be placing my order early next week. I had seen the B52 in person before the factory tour today and really liked it. Today I got to see the F21 that I really wanted to see and made the decision to buy. I am going to start the paperwork next week when I get back home.
Nice, I think I deserve an assist here. I think I mentioned them in the other thread. I am assuming you found the interior space huge for the length boat it is and getting to order your own boat that is brand new sealed the deal. Post the color mockup you are doing on the other thread you have going about choosing a boat.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       01-10-2012, 8:25 PM Reply   
Cole those prices are with options such as cavitation plate, metallic gel coat, etc... The Cav plate is ~$1200. You could easily walk out of the dealership with the F21 for mid 50s. Also like I mentioned that 23 twb had the upgraded engine which is 4k option. I've called around and talked to a few folks and that pricing seems pretty standard. Also those are just the sticker or MSRP prices which leaves room for negotiation. Also if those prices are inflated it just proves the point I was trying to make which is the MSRP listed on the MB site is generally more than you pay for a fully loaded one. Also I don't think you can order a loaded up F21 for 50k. If some dealership makes you that offer JUMP on it. Hell Diamond Dad ordered a 21 twb with no trailer and paid low 50s according to the thread he made this summer. Regardless of all that congrats on finally figuring out which boat you want! You will love it!
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       01-11-2012, 5:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
That is a beautiful MB! So what are the boat show incentive prices on this??
for starters I am giving 20% off on options, no freight or dealer prep fees, my pricing will be very aggressive so if you are in my area....you win and these deals will only be good if ordered or taken delivery by Feb.15, roughly 3500 off of a loaded boat priced right from the start, off to the show, wax on, wax off day
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-11-2012, 6:44 AM Reply   
Another thread hijacked by MB . It is kinda strange that I dont read anything about them other than here. I must admit they sound interesting but the prices quoted here are so low its almost sets up a red flag. Either MB is the only honest company and all other brands are just ripping off buyers or something is cheapened in some way to cut cost. I'm not saying I'm just saying. Anyway someday I will see one and judge for myself.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-11-2012, 8:01 AM Reply   
I can tell you that Stockton MB had 3 boats at the Pleasanton boat show (we went this past weekend). The 21V was $49,999 right on the window, and Mike told me the 23V was $55k. They come standard with wetsounds interior package, boat cover, tandem axle trailer, bimini, and swing away tongue. That was with standard motor and non-metal flake gel coat.

I'm not an MB owner either, but it is a smoking deal.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-11-2012, 8:11 AM Reply   
^^^ that would definitely be boat show incentive prices in my opinion and you're correct...a smoking deal. Texas Mastercraft has several MB's for the upcoming Austin Boat Show and theirs ate going to in the water for demo drives. $64k for their 23 TWB with standard motor no tower speakers. So at $55k for the Stockton 23 TWB is killer.