Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-03-2003, 7:48 AM Reply   
are they worth buying?

has anyone ever used them?

What is good/bad about them?

Need some feedback.
Old    crapla            10-03-2003, 2:55 PM Reply   
I have some CDI fins. I got the Colin Wright Fins. I used to have some Hyperlite fins, but I had trouble with the bolt holes stripping out. I actually had a few hyperlite fins fall off in the water while I was riding. The CDI fins I have work good. Plus, they look cool. I think I am getting more chicks now, or maybe not. But they're a good fin.
Old    shakedogg            10-03-2003, 5:01 PM Reply   
I hear you on the Chicks, I have the Royal 2.1 and really like that way that it tracks my board in the water. I am sure that CDI will hook you up if you contact them, they seem pretty cool. (Ask for Lyle) Toolfan, I would suggest picking up a pair.
Old    sister_skurfer            10-07-2003, 10:02 AM Reply   
I love CDI fins. They are really modern looking and very sturdy too. I saw them recently at the surf expo too. The guys who own the company are really cool
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-07-2003, 1:58 PM Reply   
Can anyone compare them to hyperlite's A-wing or P-wing fins?

I would like somewhat of an analytical review of them before I drop $100 on a set of fins.
Old    shakedogg            10-07-2003, 4:52 PM Reply   
As crapla noted, they tend to strip out when abused. They have a thicker base than the P-wing, sister skurfer will probably agree that thicker is better

Check out their website at www.cdifins.com for any literature and then compare to what hyperlight has on their p-wing. You might want to give CDI an email and ask for a hook up. Off to Lake Folsom for some October riding.....good luck toolfan
Old     (wannagowakin)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-15-2003, 6:13 PM Reply   
toolfan, did ur bolt holes strip out on the 03 poly fins, same happened to me
Old    h2oh            10-22-2003, 3:20 PM Reply   
I have a set of 4 on my drifter. I'm really glad I picked them up. They give my board just the right amount of stick. Great looking also.