Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (gharvin)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-21-2008, 8:22 AM Reply   
i installed this clarion ipod adapter on my cmd4 hu.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-lds64Cbv2mp/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=020CCAIPOD&tp=120

here is the issue, the ipod recognizes it and charges, as well as the clarion logo shows up on the screen of the ipod. I for some reason can not get the damn head unit into cd changer mode, and the led power light on the adapter never comes on...what the hell?? I read the manual last night and i am lost.
Old     (mlb75)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-21-2008, 9:46 AM Reply   
I wonder if it's not compatible with that head unit, on the site it says it works with CMD4a but not the CMD4. I've go the same HU you do right not and am also looking for an integrated solution so if you get it to work let us know.
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-22-2008, 9:43 PM Reply   
I got the CMD5 with that adapter and it is awesome. It doesn't work as a changer with that cable, it is direct access.
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-23-2008, 7:15 AM Reply   
Is this adapter the best to run the Ipod. I bought a line source cable to plug into the back of the WS420 to run the Ipod, just have'nt installed anything yet. I bought a CMD5 to be installed and so I talked with the Clarion Marine Department. They said the CCA-Ipod was their best solution.
Old     (fast355)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-23-2008, 3:11 PM Reply   
Zacharoo,

I have the I-pod hook up and it is the best solution I could find. We love it.

Allows Clarion remote display to search playlist/title/ etc... with song title readout on both my LCD remotes.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-23-2008, 6:58 PM Reply   
So what could be the prob?
Old     (smewth001)      Join Date: Oct 2004       05-24-2008, 1:18 AM Reply   
I don't want to be a thread hijacker but I have a similar question? I have the cmd5, but I'm trying to run the Sirius and Ipod off the Cenet and can't get them working together. Can it be done or do I have to run Sirius off the ce-net and the Ipod off the aux? I would love to run both off of the ce-net if possible. The Sirius has a pass thru but the hu doesn't recognise the difference between the two.
Old     (snafu)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-24-2008, 5:53 AM Reply   
I’m having problems with the Clarion Ipod adaptor also. I bought the Clarion M475 head unit and purchased a CCA-iPod cable to go with it. Installed the radio and plugged the CCA-iPod into the Cenet port and nothing. I bought another CCA-iPod cable, because I thought the first one might be bad…… still nothing. Sent the radio back for a new one. Installed new radio, hooked up CCA-iPod cable and radio still does not recognize Cenet cable or iPod. I give up!!!
Old     (smewth001)      Join Date: Oct 2004       05-24-2008, 8:41 AM Reply   
mine recognizes both separately but not together.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-24-2008, 10:08 AM Reply   
CMD4 uses the EA1251B
CMD4A & CMD5 use the EA1276B

The CCA-Ipod will work with the CMD4A (99% sure) $ CMD5
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-24-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
Smooth, you should have the EA1276 Cnet plugged into the Sirius, and then the Sirius plugged into the H/U. The Sat button should get you to the Sirius, and the Aux should get you the Ipod.