Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old    jetpilotrider03            09-18-2004, 5:20 PM Reply   
frog boy threw a whirly-7 right? and is he the only one who's done it?
Old    sbvfive            09-18-2004, 5:48 PM Reply   
No, and no. The trick that you saw was a whirly-dick, which is a whirly into a blind handle pass 3. Although I am pretty sure that he has done a whirly 7 as well. Also, there are others that have thrown whirly 7's, parks did a few in shafted.
Old     (prestone)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-27-2004, 9:28 PM Reply   
i thought he was doing a double dumdum maybe im mistaken
Old    sbvfive            09-27-2004, 11:37 PM Reply   
A dum dum is a ts front with a blind 3.
Old     (premier135rider)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-28-2004, 4:31 AM Reply   
it was a whirly dick, he also smashed his face on that slider pretty good
Old    juice            09-28-2004, 7:50 AM Reply   
What about Trevor Hansen? Didn't he do a whirly 7 this year?
Old    sbvfive            09-28-2004, 11:26 AM Reply   
Yeah, trevor did too. I forgot about him...I am sure that there are a whole bunch of others that have as well, i just can't think of them. Anybody know??
Old    edward            09-28-2004, 11:57 AM Reply   
yea he got caught on teh little edge of the slider and slammed pretty bad. all i know is that i wish i could do a whirly dick that woudl be pretty damn hard adn w2w?crazy. what is shane's ender called? moby dick 7? or does it have another name
Old    wsrmatt            09-28-2004, 12:33 PM Reply   
Yeah Shanes ender is that trick Chris Williams has been doing for a few years. Its more like a backside rodeo 7 and Chris calls it a C7. I guess if you go 5 then its a C5, C3 and yeah. The whirlydick is sick though that Froggy does.
Old     (premier135rider)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-28-2004, 12:33 PM Reply   
i think it was a hs bs off 7 he has some of the sickest looking blind offaxis spins. His t/s b/s off axis 3/s and fives have to be my fav trick right now
Old    wsrmatt            09-28-2004, 1:12 PM Reply   
Yeah it is a hs bs off axis spin but the way Shane does it is just like the way Chris does it. Pretending there is no handle, it would be the same rotation as a snowboard backside rodeo 7. I first seen Chris do it three years ago and back then before anyone else was doing them he called them C-spins. Not sure if thats still the name but thats what he called it when he invented it. For sure though my favorite trick is those toeside backside offaxis spins shane does. I like the way Randy Harris does them though more. Wrapped and method grabbed.