Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-29-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
OK, went out to look at boats yesterday. I stopped at Mastercraft and a Moomba dealer. At Mastercraft I checked out some used X1's and 205's, and at the Moomba dealer I was looking at the Mobius LSV.

Alright, on to my question. How do the two wakes compare? I know the X1/205 wake as I already ride behind my friends 02' Xstar. I have not ridden any of the newer Moombas.

I am not looking for boat bashing, or ownership goggles here. I would just like an objective comparison from people who have ridden both.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-29-2006, 4:48 PM Reply   
With the Moomba being a wider boat (97") the wake will be wider on the Moomba compared to the X1 and 205. No big deal though, just bring the rope in 5 feet. In my experience, the Mobius LSV will have much more of a transition to it with still a nice lip at the top. The X1 to me seems too straight up. Plus, the advantage of the wakeplate on the Moomba to me would be worth it alone to help shape your wake for different levels of riders.

On a side note, the LSV is a much bigger boat than the X1. More space=more ballast.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-29-2006, 6:06 PM Reply   
You need to try out the Moomba and see for yourself. IMO, if you are use to the wake of the 205 hull, you will be disapointed in the long run with the wake of the Moomba. This is not to say anything bad, but you are currently riding one of the best wakes ever made.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-29-2006, 6:54 PM Reply   
i do not know how much you intend to spend but my buddy has a 2006 moomba xlv loaded, heater, tower speakers, gravity 4 ballast 40 hrs for 37,500 all but 2 months of factory warrant remaining
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-29-2006, 6:55 PM Reply   
gravity 3 ballast sorry, red
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-29-2006, 6:57 PM Reply   
I owned a Moomba for 2 years and rode behind an X1 at a camp. Jon is right in describing each wake. Personally, I liked the wake on the X1. It all depends on your preference.
Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-29-2006, 8:12 PM Reply   
Supra, that is in my price range, is your buddy located in the midwest? I do love the wake behind my friends 02' X-Star, but for the price I can either get a used X-1 or 205, or a brand new Mobius. It's a tough call.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-29-2006, 8:24 PM Reply   
it is in ky, send me an e-mail and i will give you my phone number for details, you will want to hear what i have to say trust me
rush007865@aol.com
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-30-2006, 6:53 AM Reply   
Chris, IMO, I would take a used MC (X-1, 05 X-2, or 205v) any day over a new LSV. The Moomba makes a good wake, but you should do more research than just wake info...

BTW, Jon Allen above is a Moomba Dealer, so keep that in mind with the above information.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-30-2006, 7:21 AM Reply   
There is a reason you can get a brand new Moomba for the same price as a used MC.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-30-2006, 7:31 AM Reply   
^^^Yeah, because Mastercrafts are overpriced!!!^^
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-30-2006, 7:36 AM Reply   
Dream on bbr.....It's called Free Market Economics, being in the Real Estate Finance Business, as I am, you should know that the market determines the price.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-30-2006, 8:18 AM Reply   
I have a question about the overprice. Not to highjack, but it does bring up a good point. How does Mastercraft produce the X-1 in 2006 for 39900? (Yes it could be bought for that and sometimes less.) The 2005 back X-2 was the exact same boat, minus a little sparkle on the dash, yet it cost much more than the current X-1. I have a little trouble understanding how that could be without some overpricing some where.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-30-2006, 8:38 AM Reply   
There is a pretty good amount of "Bling" that is left off the current X-1, a lot more than just a little sparkle on the dash. Plus when you equip the X-1 with the accessories that make it more like the 05 X-2 you are in the high $40's to low $50's in price. I'm sure there are a few other reasons as well, but that is my opinion...
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-30-2006, 8:54 AM Reply   
Byrd is right, if you put a MCX,Swivel board racks,stereo/amp/sub, KGB ballast, bolster seat, polished steering wheel, billet dash and throttle knob as well as the regular MC trailer with alloy wheels there is no diff in price. 39999 and 07's 42999 is a advertised base price.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-30-2006, 9:46 AM Reply   
I should have said, as a used MC, BU, or CC.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-30-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
Go to your local super market and look in the asprin isle...the bayer asprin will be twice as much as the generic asprin. look at the ingredience and you will be surprised by what you see....they are exactly the same. Guess what...it's the marketing most people have heard the bayer commercials since they were kids and to them it's better then the generic when in fact they are identical. Good marketing. I like M'C's but refuse to believe they are way better just because they are priced higher....give me some concrete evidence rather then just a blinged out shift knob.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-30-2006, 10:00 AM Reply   
Top 3 versus your MB. Its like your aspirin vs. Vicodin. Kinda like your steel wheels and cheap board racks on the MB vs.Swivel racks with no bungees and polished custom MC wheels.

(Message edited by woreout on November 30, 2006)

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-30-2006, 10:21 AM Reply   
Its also how they are constructed and put together. Materials used etc... They are not the same. I am however not saying they are worth the prices they are asking. I don't think any boat under 25ft should be 90k+ I think that is ridiculas(sp?). If people would quit buying them, the prices would have to come back down, but it's all about who has the best, not why did you pay so much.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-30-2006, 10:32 AM Reply   
I remember when a loaf of bread...
Everything is overpriced, but we keep buying.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-30-2006, 2:38 PM Reply   
Wow thanks Billy, if I wanted to buy a mastercraft I would have and could have....I never said anything bad about them. But as long as I have been on this website and have read all the threads about which boat is better....nobody has given me any concrete evidence that MC's are worht the extra money. I never said my MB was better although I bought it cause I preferred it because of the looks and the styling. It handeled well and the wake was great...that is why I bought it. So withought puttig down my boat tell me in technical terms why an x-1 is beter then the moomba. Oh and back it up with facts this time
Old    K.B.C.            11-30-2006, 2:48 PM Reply   
resale
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-30-2006, 2:58 PM Reply   
Scott thanks for the reply but Im not sure thats totaly true.....I bought a Moomba a few years ago when I sold it I made money. Also we don't have all the stats on who bought what and how long they had it and what it went for when they finaly sold it.. When you buy an MC or any other boat new you drive it off the lot and bam you lose money instantly. What I am wanting to know (and I have an open mind) is as far as the boat is concerned, how its made how much fiberglass is used the engines I know are basicaly the same. I mean is the vinyl 1/100 thicker is there really enough difference in the way an MC is made then a moomba or Supra or Malibu? Im not dogging the MC's My favorit boat is probably the x-star....I just want to know where the boat is better and not in the board racks and wheels on the trailer. Im talking about the boat specificaly.
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       11-30-2006, 3:21 PM Reply   
One thing I noticed on the Moomba's a few years back was the fit and finish in the storage areas wasn't too nice, and all the hardware in the boat didn't look to be the strongest. I didn't notice anything wrong with the structural build of the boat, and it looked very nice. I thought it would have been a good purchase for the price.

I myself couldn't justify dropping 50G on the same MC that I bought for 25 not too long ago.
It's the same size as my prostar 205 with a v-drive and fancy board racks. I'm more into buying the best boat I can rather than the best looking/optioned out one. I owned a MC and can say that If I was in the market when I saw the Mobius LSV it would have been a front runner.

IMO it's a great bang for the buck, and I don't think I would have 15G more fun in a new X-1
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-30-2006, 4:16 PM Reply   
Badboyripper you hit the nail right on the head.
They are alittle nicer with the trim pieces but as far as anything else goes not worth the extra money for the name.
Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-30-2006, 5:32 PM Reply   
This is what I wanted to avoid. I don't want to know about the boat, I wanted comparisons on the wake they put out.

I'm just trying to figure out if it is worth it to me to pay 45 grand for a used X-1 w/ a tower and ballast, but no PP, board racks, tower speakers, etc... or spend about the same and get a brand new Mobius that is loaded.

As I said earlier, I love the MC wake. I have not had a chance to ride the Mobius wake, I just want to see how it stacks up.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-30-2006, 5:40 PM Reply   
Backing plates anywhere there is a screw, snap out carpeting, which is achieved by having a full molded top piece, not pieced together. Fit and finish especially in cargo areas. All stainless hardware ie. windshield supports. No wood what so ever. Yes thicker viynl and foam cushions, rotocast seat frames not pieced together parts put together by L brackets. Swivel Board racks standard. JL audio with sub and amp standard. Billet accesories standard. Cruise control standard. The list goes on and on. I mean come on dude MC vs. Moomba? MC vs. CC a good arguement. Yes MC gets more for the name and reputation just as many products do. I did not mean to bash the MB, well I guess I did mean it, but I'm sorry. Peace
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-30-2006, 5:43 PM Reply   
Chris if your paying 45k for a USED X1 with those options, the person selling it is nuts. The price of a 07 X1 with the options you mentioned is 42900.00.
Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-30-2006, 5:46 PM Reply   
I was just refering to the sticker prices, I don't intend to pay that much.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-30-2006, 5:49 PM Reply   
I cant imagine asking more for a used X1 than it was brand new. Is it a 06? Look at 01 XStars same boat and see what they are selling for. Same with 02 03. There isnt a whole helluva difference, cuz they hold value well.

Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-30-2006, 5:59 PM Reply   
That is what I would love to have. Unfortunatley, none of the dealers have anything that old right now. I need to finance, because I don't have the cash to pay in full. Also, traveling to get a boat out of state is kinda not an option, as I don't have a tow vehicle yet. I planned on keeping it on the water for a summer or two, and then buying a tow vehicle.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-30-2006, 8:21 PM Reply   
Chris, as for your original question about the wakes. The X-1's wake is one of the best out there (IMO). The wake behind the LSV is also up there with the best of them. If you figure how to weight the boat properly, you can have a pro-caliber wake, and spend the same amount of money, but you'd have a brand new boat......with warranty. Not to mention the LSV has more interior room than the X-1.

I really like the X-1 wake, but I wouldn't spend that much on a used boat just because it says Mastercraft on the side.
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-30-2006, 8:38 PM Reply   
Take each one (new Moomba, used MC), and in 5 years the Mastercraft will still be worth more. It has already taken the initial depreciation from the first owner. The Moomba has yet to take that first hit.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-01-2006, 6:21 AM Reply   
The x-1 does have a good wake, but you need to be closer to 40k on a used one with several options. I know it is always said on here, but you need to find the best dealer. A good boat with a crappy dealer can make life miserable.
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-01-2006, 6:37 AM Reply   
I have owned a moomba and supra and feel the wake is awesome. i have only rode behind a 05 x2 a few times (now x1) and really like it also.

In regards to a used x1, I know where there is a 06 white/red x1 loaded with ballast, board racks, tandem trailer and cover and they are asking 38,995. it only has 50 hours on it.

db
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-01-2006, 7:38 AM Reply   
I have owned a Moomba, then Supra, then Xstar, and now an X2. Any of these boats with proper weight will produce a good big wake. As mentioned above, I would think you have to consider way more than wake alone. As in how many people on board, storage, how much time on water, what you will be using the boat for as in wakeboard only, trying to simulate the wake of a tournament, tubing, family, kids, and RESALE.
Check online used boat sales. One reason Xstars could be so high is try to find a good used one. Search boattraderonline.com and see how few xstars compared to other Malibu's, supras, and even Moombas. As I found out when selling my 06 Xstar couple months ago there were not many available. So if i'm looking for a Moomba and there are 15 in a 300 mile area, what is going to make a buyer want mine rather than the other 14 almost just like it. Just my $.02
Old     (carrion)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-01-2006, 11:49 AM Reply   
How about some Moomba wake pictures?
Someone has got to have some....
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-01-2006, 12:31 PM Reply   
hahahaha!!!
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-01-2006, 2:19 PM Reply   
in my experience the moomba and supra have better resale by far, i buy a new boat every year and have done very well w/ moombas and supras, the main reason i think you will loose much less on them is so many more people are able to afford them, your market on resale is much larger, most would rather have a newer boat for a better price esp if it has warranty
as far as the wakes they are both great and which ever you buy you will swear by just like everyone else with owner goggles
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-01-2006, 5:00 PM Reply   
RIIIIGGGHHHHTTTT!!! That's how come some 04 Xstars are still in the upper 50's to 60K range (New in the mid 60's)?
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-01-2006, 7:24 PM Reply   
Everyone knows if you ride behind a MC you'll pull off a 1080. What the hell has happened to this site lately? Whining and pissing and moaning. Where's the love? Everyone is starting to sound like a bunch of skydiving MF.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-01-2006, 8:12 PM Reply   
I will have to say,

I have ridden behind the newest X-star (05') and the Moomba XLV. I thought both wakes were great. The XLV wake was impressive in size and shape. The X-star wake (3500+ stock ballast) was huge also, and had a perfect shape. I think that some very interesting points are brought up on this site.

The moomba is not a bad or cheap boat. It is an inexpensive alternative. They use proven hulls (read SUPRA) which most will agree is a great boat. They just use less expensive materials inside. Less expensive does not equate to cheap.

As far as resale is concerned, i think that resale and sale price are mutually exclusive from one another. Honda's for instance are "less expensive" cars but have traditionally great resale value. Wouldn't Moomba fit that catagory? Resale is not a good measure of quality in my mind, it is a measure of demand for a used product.
Old     (jifffy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-01-2006, 11:12 PM Reply   
Get the Moomba, no question.

Its a brand new boat vs. a used boat that has wear n tear. I would prefer a new boat with 0 miles over used.

Who gives an ish about "All stainless hardware ie. windshield supports. No wood what so ever. Yes thicker viynl and foam cushions, rotocast seat frames not pieced together parts put together by L brackets. Swivel Board racks standard. JL audio with sub and amp standard. Billet accesories standard. Cruise control standard"

This means jack to me, save some money and buy a brand new boat. That list above is for lake yuppies
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-02-2006, 7:20 AM Reply   
If Jfffy lives by his words he probably lives in a New mobile home and drives a New Chevy Aveo as well as does his Christmas shopping at Dollar General.
Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       12-02-2006, 1:28 PM Reply   
My friend has a mobius loaded down with over 1700# of ballast and I have an 03 X2(X1)currently w/ just stock ballast (700 to 900# I think). We always ride in my boat when we ride together and he even pays for the gas. We like the wake of my boat just that much better. If wakeboarding is really your priority, go with the used X1.

P.S We bought our boat used last season(06')loaded with only 50 or so hours on it for under 40k. If you look hard enough, you can find a used MC, for a great price.

(Message edited by chqwakeboarder on December 02, 2006)
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-02-2006, 5:09 PM Reply   
todd, sorry but just facts, i could get any of the above mc, bu, cc, mb and i buy supra, great boat and yes great resale , sorry you are so upside down in yours, i bought my 2006 24 ssv in march, sold in october, it would make you sick if i went into details
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-02-2006, 6:54 PM Reply   
Jiffy...great advertizment AWESOME

"Its a brand new boat vs. a used boat that has wear n tear. I would prefer a new boat with 0 miles over used.

Who gives an ish about "All stainless hardware ie. windshield supports. No wood what so ever. Yes thicker viynl and foam cushions, rotocast seat frames not pieced together parts put together by L brackets. Swivel Board racks standard. JL audio with sub and amp standard. Billet accesories standard. Cruise control standard"

This means jack to me, save some money and buy a brand new boat. That list above is for lake yuppies"

Hope to see you in one soon...

This does mean JACK to you or you would haev not brought it up !!! THANKS THAT WAS AWESOME
Old     (mcmike)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-02-2006, 8:11 PM Reply   
"Save money and buy a brand new boat." Financially, you will not save money in buying a brand new boat. You will take a greater hit on initial depreciation. A boat is not an investment. Enjoy it. And if you plan on keeping the boat for some time a MC is a great boat to grow into. In my opinion, people that buy from the top 3 manufacturers have a higher rate of product satisfaction--you pay for what you get.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-02-2006, 9:26 PM Reply   
The top three: (in random order)
Malibu
Mastercraft
Skier's Choice (Supra AND Moomba)
Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-02-2006, 10:18 PM Reply   
So glad this thread became exactly what I didn't want. So much for no boat bashing.
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-03-2006, 7:32 AM Reply   
I have said it before and i will say it again.

Go demo them both and you decide for yourself! ! !

It is useless to go on a online forum and want some real info about different boats. "Cause mine is better than yours" is 95% all you are going to get. So just go get one. . I mean lets get real.
Old     (wake_rookie)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-08-2006, 3:30 PM Reply   
It is so funny to read any of these posts on here about which boat is better or anytime there is any comparison of wakes. Seems if you own a MC or BU it gives you the right to bash all other boats. I bought my first boat this year and yes it was a Mobius LSV. I could not see spending all that extra money for a boat that had some extra chrome on it. The wake is fine for my family and I and loaded down we kick out a killer wake. My buddies that have been wakeboarding much longer then myself loved it. The surf wake is huge. Granted there is not much bling, if any compared to the BUs or MCs. That extra bling does not make any of you ride any better or get to the other side of the lake any faster it just looks good. For some of you, you are just making up for your small penis. My point is no one has the right to bash someone else because they don't have what you do. Everyone is here because they like wakeboarding, but there is always one or two that have to say my #*$& smells better then yours.

Do as some have suggested, demo the boats. Pick which one fits your needs and if your friends don't like it tell them to F off and leave them at home while you are enjoying your boat.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-08-2006, 4:14 PM Reply   
travis you are right on many points, but chill just a little, and please use dicks instead of penis
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-08-2006, 6:28 PM Reply   
If I had a big penis I would be the first one to say lets party naked
Old     (ncsumoomba)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-08-2006, 7:44 PM Reply   
I am new to the forum, and this post made me laugh, so I had to reply. It sucks that this post has turned into "boat bashing" for Chris, it doesn't help him much, but I will add my fuel to the fire just for kicks. First, 2004 X-Stars are not in the high $50k's to $60k's, right now, in fact I know of a gorgeous one for sale under $50K right now. Also, as already mentioned, the resale arguement is not really valid. If something costs more new, it will demand more used, so the MC will always be "worth more" than a Moomba. Also, a clarification is in order from chqw about the Mobius he rode behind. Was it a Mobius, Mobius V, Mobius LS, or Mobius LSV? All different boats and different wakes. If it was a direct drive, then the wake could easily be not as nice as the MC one. As a Moomba owner, I am curious about where some people get their information. It sounds like the MC dealer is feeding owners bad information. Although Moomba's do not have a full top hull liner, it is not "pieced together." Also, my Moomba does have stainless hardware, and there is no wood in my boat either. And what exactly is "rotocast?" I will give it to you that billet is nice, JL audio kicks ass, and MC swivel racks are very nice (although Supra has them too). If I had the money, would I buy a MC? Maybe, they are very nice boats, although I might end up with a BU because I think the Wedge is the best wakeboarding boat innovation ever. I bought a (used) direct drive Outback when I bought my boat, and honestly I didn't even wakeboard when I bought it so I skipped the v-drive. Not my smartest move, the wake is small and a bit rampy, but I just loaded it down with weight and kept on trucking. I have seen raleys, 3's, rolls, and tantrums behind my boat (none of which I can do) so the wake gets the job done for now. It wouldn't do Chris much help to post pics of my wake since it is a speed bump compared to the LSV. In my opinion, everything related to wakeboarding costs too much, right down to the gas we burn and the beer we drink, so buying a new boat is like throwing money away. It would be worth renting a truck to tow a used boat home from out of state to get a good deal. I drove seven hours to buy my boat mostly because the local selection wasn't great. For the most part I agree with trying them out first, but as you know, with enough patience (which I don't have) you can move weight around to make the wake do pretty much what you want, within reason. You will also get used to whichever wake you ride behind. My buddies VLX wake is superb, but I still like to ride behind my boat. Get whatever boat fits your needs best, which only you know. Maybe you want more bling, maybe you want more value, it sounds like you want the best wake for the money. In my opinion, that means Mobius LSV, and as I mentioned, if you can deal with used boats, find a used one, or even a leftover 2006, you can save even more cash. The next boat I will buy (unless I hit the powerball) is going to be an LSV. Good luck Chris! And for you other guys, Randy is right, where is the love? "Can't we all just get along!"
Old     (kdsuprassv)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-08-2006, 7:54 PM Reply   
I considered a 2006 X-1 w/100 hrs loaded for $41K, 2002 X-Star w/220 hrs moderately equipped for $36K, 2006 new Malibu V-Ride moderately equipped for $40.5K, new Moomba Mobius LSV moderately equipped for $37.9K, and last but not least a 2006 Supra Launch 20 SSV heavily loaded w/60 hrs for $39K plus warranty transfer fees. The boat is great for my family for wakeboarding, kneeboarding, and tubing. The Supra is nicer than any other boat I looked at. As for boat prices....I would look for a new leftover 2006 or a slightly used 2005 or 2006 and partially avoid the first depreciation hit. I made three or four offers on different boats before I was able to finally cut a deal. Good luck.
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-10-2006, 8:51 AM Reply   
supra for me (supra24ssv)- I was originally comparing Moomba to MC. Supras do hold their value better than moombas i agree.

I can see you buy supra, and that is a personal choice. That's why there are so many companies selling boats.

As for your upsideown comment. You make money when you buy right..not sell right. You shouldn't make assumpions on other's situations when you know nothing about me/us. As far us we got a good deal on our current boat and paid cash as well.
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-11-2006, 12:01 PM Reply   
my 06 lsv with gravity III ballast but not full and wakeplate 22mphUpload
Upload
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-11-2006, 12:02 PM Reply   
sorry i'm not sure how to resize them....i have some more but it's saying they are too big.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-11-2006, 12:09 PM Reply   
dan w, send them to my email full sized nawresources@yahoo.com and I'll post them.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-12-2006, 11:04 AM Reply   
Here's a wake pic Dan posted above for the '06 Mobius LSV. Not sure of speed, wakeplate setting or ballast level.

Upload
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-12-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
ballast was filling at the time of pic maybe about half full. wakeplate down about 3\4 and speed about 22mph
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-12-2006, 11:00 PM Reply   
Wake looks nice D-Dub, gotta ride behind that this year. Just you in the lady in the boat? Is that on the Columbia?
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-12-2006, 11:17 PM Reply   
yes and yes. your more than welcome anytime.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-13-2006, 10:55 AM Reply   
here was my supra w/ wake plate 3/4
1800 lb ballastUpload
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-13-2006, 11:44 AM Reply   
^ looks like an Xstar/2/1 wake with no ballast.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-13-2006, 2:43 PM Reply   
well from being on both i can tell you first hand it may look like it in a small pic but the mc wake is not even close(the mc w/ no ballast, w/ ballast i still like the supra better but it is just personal prefernce both are great), i know it is still not a good reference but i am 6'4

(Message edited by supra24ssv on December 13, 2006)

(Message edited by supra24ssv on December 13, 2006)
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-13-2006, 4:49 PM Reply   
I have the 06 Moomba LSV, don't have any wake pic's but when I figered out how to weight it right (gravity 3 ballast plus extra 1,250 in sacks & lead) it is a pretty sweet wake & the wake plate allows you to adjust to each riders needs/wants for wake shape. I had a 03 LSV and the fit & finish on the 06 is very much improved.
Anyway The Moomba is a great boat for the $ and for an extra $15,000 I can skip the lighted cup holders
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-13-2006, 5:51 PM Reply   
I agree with Paul. Although I haven't been out in our X1 in months, the shape does look similar, I don't know about size...
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-13-2006, 10:47 PM Reply   
hey randy we saw your boy on t.v. the other night very cool and congrats.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-14-2006, 7:10 AM Reply   
What's up Dan, what tv show was he on?
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-14-2006, 12:19 PM Reply   
fusion t.v.. Melissa and I were stoked for you guys.
Old     (mctc)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-14-2006, 12:52 PM Reply   
Chris, I know this thread has gotten away from your original intent but that is what happens on this site. As for the comparison you have to ask yourself some questions. You have already said you love the X1 wake, then does it come down to new vs used and price? How about the local dealer, which one would take better care of you? You can make an argument for both. All cars get you from home to work, why doesn't everyone own a Kia? All inboards are good for watersports, it's not just about the price, its also about quality, ownership experience, having a good dealer, and being happy with your purchase. Only you can make that call, not a bunch of dudes on a wakeboard site telling you how sweet their boat is. Good Luck!