Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-25-2011, 1:25 PM Reply   
I have a 2006 ROAM that I pulled one of the binding studs out of this past weekend, so I have to replace it. This older style basically looked like a snowboard. The new style is a completely different shape. I am curious what others think about the new shape and if possible, comment on how it rides versus the older style like I have.
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-25-2011, 1:42 PM Reply   
its easy ,, need to find in insert that works ,,, clean the hole ,let it dry out ,,take a nail and gouge out the foam around the cleaned hole(SO ITS UNDERMINE) ,SAND EVERY THING ,,take some JB WELD QUIK,,SET THE INSERT
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-25-2011, 2:38 PM Reply   
Moose:

No foam in the roam, 100% wood core boards. When you pull an insert out, there is a certain amount of splintering that comes with it. I have had 3 roams, all failed this way, mostly from diggers.
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-25-2011, 4:09 PM Reply   
I have a 2007 roam that i am willing to get rid of... I have only ridden it a couple times over the past years and its only been wake ridden
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-26-2011, 7:49 AM Reply   
Thanks Moose, but yea like Eric said about the wood core, it's to far gone to try and fix, unfortunately.

Broc, I will keep that in mind. I like the old style (gen 2) but was curious about the gen3 models and how they compare. If I decide I want to go back to the gen2, I will PM you.

Thanks
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-28-2011, 9:45 AM Reply   
Bump...
Old     (wspeedin)      Join Date: May 2011       07-28-2011, 10:39 AM Reply   
broc, how much do you want for that 07 roam?
Old     (dubrider12)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-28-2011, 11:46 AM Reply   
I have two 05 roams that i will be willing to sell. One is brand new in the wrapper still the other has been used on rails.
Old     (wspeedin)      Join Date: May 2011       07-29-2011, 9:20 AM Reply   
Same question then. What are you willing to part with them for? I have a buddy who is addicted to these boards and he buys all he can. So I told him I would keep an eye out for them. Geoffrey, your in NC right?
Old     (rmotoxxx711)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-29-2011, 9:46 AM Reply   
KG-
So I've personally have had a good amount of time on both boards and I was never a fan of the roam personally at all. The new shape is much better and actually wakeboard specific shape which makes riding it better with the batwing style nose and tail. I have road the new board winching, jibbing dams, hitting kickers, rails, cable, etc. And I personally like the Vigilante much more and the side rails are more durable to abuse. I definately reccomend picking up a new Vigalante (new roam name), you won't be disappointed
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-29-2011, 11:51 AM Reply   
Finally, someone answered my OP!

Ryan, Thank you for the info. While I do love the gen2 shape (similar to my Burton snowboard) I have been hesitant to drop the coin for the new one. I just might have to drop it now and try it out!
Old     (rmotoxxx711)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-29-2011, 12:00 PM Reply   
No worries man anytime. I'm big into snowboarding too (i ride a burton 7)so I thought I'd like the roam originally even the 2nd gen when I rode it but never liked it, but the new Vigilante is def a much more water friendly board and fun to steeze presses on still
Old     (dubrider12)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-30-2011, 10:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wspeedin View Post
Same question then. What are you willing to part with them for? I have a buddy who is addicted to these boards and he buys all he can. So I told him I would keep an eye out for them. Geoffrey, your in NC right?
Like to get 75 out of them both together. The one that has been used is still ridable but has seen better days. Would be willing to work something out for sure, and yes i do live in NC.
Old     (wspeedin)      Join Date: May 2011       07-30-2011, 6:05 PM Reply   
PM Sent to Geoffrey