Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old    wakeboardmarktwain            09-01-2007, 11:19 AM Reply   
Does anybody on here board up in Northeast Missouri? If so, where do you board?
Old     (wanabe)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-02-2007, 6:52 AM Reply   
not Missouri, but southeast Iowa here.(Keokuk) Hows the water at Mark Twain?
Old     (cgoode)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-02-2007, 5:03 PM Reply   
just got back from Mark Twain.. Obviously it was not good water for wakeboarding this weekend but it is a good lake. big lake, you can always fined a place with some good water..
Old    wakeboardmarktwain            09-04-2007, 6:18 AM Reply   
The water over the weekend was for the most part terrible. However, Saturday we went for about a half hour boat ride and found some water that was perfect. The ride back just stunk, then there was the hour and a half wait to get out. Normally the water is pretty good on weekends, and if you go out during the week, it is awesome. I've gone more than once when it looks like glass and there are so few boats you can board right down the middle of the main channel.
Old     (addicted)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-04-2007, 7:12 AM Reply   
I'm from St. Louis, but we tend to go to Southern Illinois to ride. We had GREAT water this weekend, but left on Sunday when it was starting to get extremely crowded.
Old    wakeboardmarktwain            09-04-2007, 9:10 AM Reply   
Brandon, do you ever get up north to ride?
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-04-2007, 10:36 AM Reply   
Justin,

The MU Wake/Ski team rides at Longbranch lake every Tues/Thurs/Fri, around 4:00.
Old    wakeboardmarktwain            09-04-2007, 1:51 PM Reply   
I guess I didn't realize that MU has a wake/ski team, but that sounds pretty sweet. I'll have to ask some of the guys I know that go to Longbranch if they've ever seen them.

Chris G., where are you from and do you make it there very often? We're hopefully headed out there Thursday afternoon if the weather holds out.
Old     (cgoode)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-04-2007, 5:25 PM Reply   
live in Troy MO.. its on HY 61 about 45 miles south of Hannibal. can be to mark twain in less than an hour but we go out on the mississippi out of St. Charls most of the time cause thats where my brothers live. and its only 30 min. away..
Old    wakeboardmarktwain            09-05-2007, 6:54 AM Reply   
Nice, I live in Hannibal. I can leave the house and have the boat in the water in 35 minutes, which is pretty nice. Especially right now. I'll take an afternoon off of work, and about 4:00 that water smooths out and is just awesome.
Old     (cgoode)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-05-2007, 3:47 PM Reply   
so do you have a tower on your crownline..? i asked the dealer about putting one on mine and they didn't want to do it and they said it would void my warranty. even if they did do it for me..
Old    wakeboardmarktwain            09-06-2007, 5:43 AM Reply   
No, I don't have a tower...yet. Hopefully I'll have one for next season. I'm wanting a Monster Tower, but need to save up the cash for it. I had talked to one of the local Crownline dealers about it, and he wanted nothing to do with putting a tower on. Luckily, I work at a John Deere dealer, so I have access to shop space, tools, lifts, etc., so I don't have a problem putting one on. I've also had enough experience working with fiberglass on cars that I'm pretty comfortable there.