Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (wakeboardad)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-01-2007, 10:34 AM Reply   
Any interest in starting a wakeboard club on Candlewood Lake. We live on the Danbury side of the lake and are always looking for people to ride with.

Just a thought... Let me know what you think.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-01-2007, 2:43 PM Reply   
Hello from a fellow MC owner!

Looks like a nice lake, heard it's crowded on the weekends though. (threadjack)

You must have alot of wakeboarders there. Check with the boat marinas too.
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-01-2007, 3:08 PM Reply   
YES...make one, Are there a lot of wake boarders down there? That would help...there arn't that many up here that I know of... I ride on Coventry and up by Suffield (but that lake is in MA) I've always wanted to go to Candlewood
Old     (boarder33)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-08-2007, 12:12 PM Reply   
I'm in. And I'll help set it up if you need help. I've been thinking of getting a group together early this summer and have a pro come up. We could have him here for a week and split his time up evenly. I've been talking to Darrin Shapiro... I have the boat (Sanger V215 Loaded), the spot on lake Mahopac... just need some peeps. Anyone in?
Old     (adamcarta)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-08-2007, 2:01 PM Reply   
I'd join. I live on Lilinonah in Brookfield but am always looking for people to ride with.
Old     (nvip9r)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-08-2007, 3:06 PM Reply   
Wish I was closer...sounds like a great idea though...good luck
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-08-2007, 4:59 PM Reply   
Bert, some of us NJ riders might like to road-trip up to Mahopac.......sounds like a nice lake.

All you CT guys (and girls) should come down to the 2nd annual NJ east-west wakefest June 30th.
Go to www.njwakefest.com for more.
Old    xtremebordgurl            03-08-2007, 5:41 PM Reply   
I would DEFENITLlY drive down from Mass/Maine and pay gas money to ride with you guys, I would love to have a fun crew of people to ride with.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-08-2007, 6:12 PM Reply   
Bess,

FYI flights from Boston (Logan) to Trenton via COMAIR run daily and puts you within 15 mins. of the river at Bordentown. Under 1 1/2 hr. flights I think.

NJ transit train from NYC to Hamilton station puts you within 10 mins. of the river.