Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old    skillet            08-27-2004, 6:14 AM Reply   
Looking for new boat....had mentioned looking at the new yamaha AR230 HO. Not a glowing response on this board! LOL

Also looking at a 2002 X Star. I can find this boat almost for the same money as the new Yamaha. Don't know that much about Mastercraft other than being beaten to death in an older "ski" boat version years ago on a slightly choppy lake.

My main goal for this purchase is fast fun boating. Pulling 10/13 yr old new boarders.

Also how does the '02 xstar compare w/newer x10?

thanks in advance
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-27-2004, 7:14 AM Reply   
You would be way better off with an '02 Star. IT is now called the x-2. It has a great wake. It can be a little rough riding though, but I don't think it would be any worse than the jet ski boat. The wake is better than the x-10, but not by much. I have an '01 and love it. It is super versitle(sp?), and you get the superior build, fit and finish. The two boats should not even be mentioned in the same thread.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-27-2004, 7:18 AM Reply   
Here is a link to explain the difference. http://www.mymastercraft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=325
Old    skillet            08-27-2004, 7:42 AM Reply   
thanks for the link...that did explain alot. The x-10 or x-30 seem like the best choices for me. That thread talked about the maristar being the model for the x-10's. As I'm looking in the 35k range I may look for one of those.
Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-27-2004, 9:27 AM Reply   
If you're still interested I have a 2002 X2/Star that I'd be willing to part with as I'm looking into a 2005 X2.

The boat has 320 hrs, Perfect Pass, tandem axle trailer, custom ballast system (1450#), bow filler cushion, teak platform.

Stereo consists of Sony MDX70 MP3 head unit, Precision Power 4ch 600w amp powering 4 MB Quart 6.5s in the boat and 2 Infinity Kappa Perfects on the tower. A Cadence 500w 2ch amp powers a 12" Alpine Type R sub.

I'd be willing to part with it for $40.5K