Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    sperbet            12-23-2011, 10:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
I think Houston wanted Indy to win too...
While I understand the argument there is no way they wanted to lose the game. They are competing for a 1st round bye and home field throughout the playoffs. You don't throw that because some team in your division is vying for the #1 pick and might pick a totally unproven QB, who may or may not pan out 5 years from now. It really makes no sense at all.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-23-2011, 2:45 PM Reply   
Houston is probably one of the banged up teams still in contention. I don't think they were trying to lose the game, but I would venture to say they didn't want to have any other players injured.
Old    sperbet            12-24-2011, 5:09 PM Reply   
So much for that prediction huh? Better luck next year cliff. Niiiiiiners!
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-24-2011, 5:22 PM Reply   
I am 49ers fan and I was impressed with Seattle. They are the first team I have seen run the ball against the 49ers. Of course no Patrick Willis but still a good effort by Seattle. Saying that the 49ers dominated the 2nd half. If it wasn't for the punt block I wouldnt have had to sweat it out so much. Looks like next year the west might actually be decent if Seattle can get a qb and Arizona continues to develop.

As for this year first round bye here we come!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-24-2011, 8:21 PM Reply   
Nah-nah-nah-nah, nah-nah-nah-nah, hey hey, GOODBYE Seahawks!!! Predicted by Cliff to win their division and the NFC, they don't even make the playoffs. But don't worry, the Cowboys won't make it either. What a great performance against the Eagles. See ya Garrett.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-25-2011, 11:20 AM Reply   
Well... My boys managed to piss away another game. We had them down and for some reason decided to go away from what was working. Playoffs werent on the table anyway but still a huge let down at home.

Now its time to start rooting for the NFC West Champs.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-25-2011, 5:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Nah-nah-nah-nah, nah-nah-nah-nah, hey hey, GOODBYE Seahawks!!! Predicted by Cliff to win their division and the NFC, they don't even make the playoffs. But don't worry, the Cowboys won't make it either. What a great performance against the Eagles. See ya Garrett.
In a meaningless game.The Defense sucked again,but ttrigo will find a way to blame it on ROMO.Demarcus Ware and SEAN Lee were the only bright spots in a otherwise dull game.The next game against the Giants will decide the division.You know who i'm picking.Cowboys to suprise all you haters out there.Also picking Houston to beat the Titans and Arizona to beat Seattle.The rest of my picks,which i've already made i'll reveal on Friday.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-25-2011, 5:45 PM Reply   
Oh and i predict Garrett will still be there next year.Although i'd like to see the Rob Ryan experiment terminated.As for Jeff Fisher i predict he will join the Rams after they fire Steve Spagnola.Peyton will still be in Indy if he ever heals up from his injury.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-25-2011, 6:34 PM Reply   
Why would i blane him for missing 95% of the game? Gimme a break. Like i said, talk to me when he wins a big game. If he plays next weekend and sucks, dont blame the injury. If he plays well, and doesnt turn the ball over, or miss wide open recievers, i could be swayed. Remember, i am a cowboys fan. I want him to be successful.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-26-2011, 4:47 AM Reply   
I have heard reports that Jeff Fisher may be heading to KC. There is never a meaningless game in Dallas with Jerry Jones up in the box. When they kept flashing pictures of him, he looked like a kid who woke up Christmas morning, to a tree without any presents under it.

And look at this way, both Dallas and Tennessee are essentially in the same must-win situation. But which of the two was picked by the experts, at this point in the season, to just be getting ready for the draft? Let's just call a spade a spade and say that if the Giants blow out Dallas this week, I just don't see Garrett surviving that, especially with the kind of money Jerry has to toss towards a new coach.

Here's my prediction for the week: Tennessee shocks everyone, beats Houston, Cincinnati loses to the Ravens, and NY beats Miami and Tennessee will be heading to the playoffs.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-28-2011, 8:01 AM Reply   
Funny - I told all of my Dallas buddies that somehow, some way, Romo would come up with an excuse to leave this game as he has done in the past, early last week. In this case, it was legit, but that is the way he plays. I would rather see a 3d string player playing his heart out than Romo any day. His lack of leadership and determination to win on the field pisses me off. You see most of the quaterbacks (Vick, Big Ben, Breese) digging out ever play and if they have to dive for a first they do it. You hit Romo once and he plays scared the rest of the day. You could switch many other quarterbacks for Romo and that team makes the playoffs. What? You say one person does not make a team, tell that to Indy.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-28-2011, 5:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalow View Post
Funny - I told all of my Dallas buddies that somehow, some way, Romo would come up with an excuse to leave this game as he has done in the past, early last week. In this case, it was legit, but that is the way he plays. I would rather see a 3d string player playing his heart out than Romo any day. His lack of leadership and determination to win on the field pisses me off. You see most of the quaterbacks (Vick, Big Ben, Breese) digging out ever play and if they have to dive for a first they do it. You hit Romo once and he plays scared the rest of the day. You could switch many other quarterbacks for Romo and that team makes the playoffs. What? You say one person does not make a team, tell that to Indy.
I see your point very clearly.Romo got hit early in the 49ers game.Got 2 broken ribs and a punctured lung.After Kitna threw 2 interceptions and had them in the hole Romo came in and tied the game.In OT he won the game.Vick got hurt early in a game this year and gutted out a loss for his team.Then took off 3 weeks before he could play.Big ben got hurt and lost to the 49ers.But all Brees has done is win.Romo has a higher qb rating lifetime and this year than all the above named QB'S.I wouldn't argue about Brees being a upgrade.It takes a good TEAM to win and a good PLAY CALLER and Time manager to win the game at the end.If Bill Parcells was still the coach Romo would be more sucessful.The only time Romo hasn't played is with a broken collar bone.I can't remember how many of the real tough QB's have played with a broken Collar Bone?But i'm sure their are plenty out there.As for the switch many QB's ,Romo could go to the playoffs on at least 20 other teams in the league.I'm sure only 4 or 5 QB'S could do better in Dallas.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-28-2011, 10:04 PM Reply   
I am a little late on the thread.
Let me preface this by saying I am not much a a football guy(hockey is my thing). However being couped up after surgery since the season started rolling I have been following it a ton this year.

I have just one gripe..........I am tired of the chest pounding and td dances from guys who are losing by 20 points. I mean ***? Have some class and act like you made a play before........Guys from the other team should be laying them out.

The other thing that blows my mind is the dropoff in talent at QB when the #1 goes down. Holy crap......does the second string guy never throw a pass in practice or what? Its down right embarrassing. I understand all the timing issues between routes n what not but these guys can barely throw 5yd passes without getting picked off. Teams are crumbling when their #1 goes down it seems.

Just my non NFL fanfare post
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-29-2011, 8:36 AM Reply   
With you a little Swat. With all the new rules hampering the games it seems ridiculous these guys do crazy celebrations when they are losing. Make a good play - show your competitive spirit - all good. Make a mediocre play while you are losing 20-3 and have no chance at the playoffs and celebrate like an ass - Not ok.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-29-2011, 2:14 PM Reply   
Well...

This is the Hawks last game of the season...

I'm picking them over Az in Az in an effort to show they have heart and enough pride to go out winning.

San Fran is going to whip the snot out of the Rams. Doesn't seem fair the Rams should even have to play them this weekend,

I'd say "at least the Dogs are in a bowl game tonight" but I'm far from confident that they can hold up against RG3. I don't think the curse is going to affect his performance at all.
Old    sperbet            12-29-2011, 3:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
I see your point very clearly.Romo got hit early in the 49ers game.Got 2 broken ribs and a punctured lung.After Kitna threw 2 interceptions and had them in the hole Romo came in and tied the game.In OT he won the game.Vick got hurt early in a game this year and gutted out a loss for his team.Then took off 3 weeks before he could play.Big ben got hurt and lost to the 49ers.But all Brees has done is win.Romo has a higher qb rating lifetime and this year than all the above named QB'S.I wouldn't argue about Brees being a upgrade.It takes a good TEAM to win and a good PLAY CALLER and Time manager to win the game at the end.If Bill Parcells was still the coach Romo would be more sucessful.The only time Romo hasn't played is with a broken collar bone.I can't remember how many of the real tough QB's have played with a broken Collar Bone?But i'm sure their are plenty out there.As for the switch many QB's ,Romo could go to the playoffs on at least 20 other teams in the league.I'm sure only 4 or 5 QB'S could do better in Dallas.
So, I've got to say it. Are you actually Tony Romo?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-29-2011, 3:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperbet View Post
So, I've got to say it. Are you actually Tony Romo?
NO just a fan that looks at fact and stats.Of course i have my Cowboys Goggles on too.LOL I'm no different than Cliff and his GLORIOUS HAWKS or Jeremy and his TOUGH TITANS.I just use stats and facts to justify my opinion.That in itself adds a little SMACK to a statement.After all this is a SMACK TALKING thread.I'm just having some fun.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-29-2011, 5:09 PM Reply   
Impressive smack Robert... Impressive indeed.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-29-2011, 6:59 PM Reply   
I hope the talk of Munchak going to Pederast State University, which was quickly squashed by Mike, didn't add too much distraction to preparation for Sunday's game. I don't see Houston playing Johnson this weekend and risking injury considering the Texans can't improve or go lower than their number three seeding. Hopefully Houston sees this as a meaningless game and rests everyone. Luckily, Baltimore has a lot to play for and we should see a strong performance against the Bengals. Likewise, for NY against the Dolphins. I would say if the Jets lose, Rex will be on the hot seat.

I am standing by my prediction that the Titans win the wild card this weekend. Not bad for a team predicted to win three games this season.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-31-2011, 5:29 AM Reply   
WEEK 17 PICKS
WAS@PHI-Eagles will have McCoy going for rushing title and Jackson looking for a new contract.that should do it.Eagles win.
TEN@HOU-Andre Johnson will play although limited and Wade Phillips will be back.Texans win.
IND@JAC-Colts are on a roll and don't care about Luck.
DET@GB-Lions roar to a win since GB will probably rest as many players as possible.
BAL@CIN-This is a tough one,but i'll take the Ravens with experience.Even though they aren't as good on the road.
NYJ@MIA-After the tough loss last week the Jets will lose again.They don't have an identity.
CAR@NO-This should be a high scoring game,but in the end it's Brees with the win and MVP.
TB@ATL-Falcons better win this one and they should.
SF@STL-49ERS win this one and get the #2 seed.
BUF@NE-Patriots are too tough at home.Patriots win.
CHI@MIN-Bears look better with McCOWN,better than Vikings w/o Peterson.Bears win.
PIT@CLE-Steelers should win easy,but if they choose to play Big Ben they could lose him and any playoff hopes they have.
LATE GAMES
KC@DEN-Chiefs and Orton have revenge on their minds.The Tebow magic is gone.Romeo Crennel knows how to stop Tebow.
SEA@ARI-Skelton will play along with Beanie Wells.That along with the Cards D will get them a win.
SD@OAK-Chargers will lose this one along with the GM and Norv Turner.
SUNDAY NIGHT GAME
DAL@NYG-The battle of the blues.Which teams will show up?I think Romo and the COWBOYS will suprise all the haters out there.I'm not saying Super Bowl,just a win in the regular season.Then Manning will be able to justify his Pro Bowl nod over Stafford,Newton and Romo.
Well thats all the SMACK i have for this week.Lets see how i fair?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-01-2012, 1:12 PM Reply   
TITANS WIN!!!! Come on Baltimore, Oakland, and, as much as I hate to say it, let's go Denver.

Great game NY Jets. Ryan should be fired for simply being a douche.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-01-2012, 4:52 PM Reply   
Tim Tebow may be the worst QB I have seen play in the NFL in a long time. Pittsburgh's defense will crush him. Wonder what QB Denver will go after in the offseason? Maybe they will try to get Orton back. In a couple of years, you'll be able to get that number 15 jersey on the clearance rack, right next to the jersey's of Leaf, Russell, and Marinovich.

Titans did what they needed to do today to make the playoffs, but the loss to Indy is what really hurt them. All-in-all I think Munchak had a successful first season, way better than the "experts" predicted, and I expect better results next season.

Way to go Seahawks!!!!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-01-2012, 5:27 PM Reply   
I....the Broncos will draft a qb, but wont go looking for a journeyman.... Tebow, for all his faults, got them wins where Orton didn't... They'll get crushed next week and start looking at 2012...
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-01-2012, 5:46 PM Reply   
Matt Flynn breaks most of the single game passing records for the Packers.... who saw that coming.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-01-2012, 6:45 PM Reply   
"Tebow, for all his faults, got them wins where Orton didn't"

Really? I thought Tebow was on the losing team today and Orton was on the winning team, in Denver, with the playoffs on the line, nonetheless. Today was Tebow's day to show the country he was the man, instead we get, well, what Tebow gave us today. As more and more teams figure out the Tebow offense, his performance will only get more pitiful.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-01-2012, 6:46 PM Reply   
And in the meantime, Romo and the Cowgirls are getting dismantled. Hopefully, Robert's wife hid all of the sharp objects around the casa.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-01-2012, 8:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
And in the meantime, Romo and the Cowgirls are getting dismantled. Hopefully, Robert's wife hid all of the sharp objects around the casa.
She didn't need to.I'm celebrating my Win today.I picked at least 10 more games right than you or anyone else on here this week.The Titans lost enough games this year to be watching the playoffs .Just like Dallas and Seattle.At least the Cowboys were playing for the division title.Congratulations to all the teams that made it.I think it will come down to the Saints and 49ers in the NFC.In the AFC it will be between the Patriots and the Ravens.I'll make my picks by Friday.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-01-2012, 8:52 PM Reply   
Now all we need is one of you guys to blame Romo for the 31 points the famous Rob Ryans defense gave up.Also it was his fault he got sacked 6 times and Eli only got sacked twice.All the Cowboys need is a cornerback to replace Newman and a pass rusher to compliment Ware.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-01-2012, 11:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Tim Tebow may be the worst QB I have seen play in the NFL in a long time. Pittsburgh's defense will crush him. Wonder what QB Denver will go after in the offseason? Maybe they will try to get Orton back. In a couple of years, you'll be able to get that number 15 jersey on the clearance rack, right next to the jersey's of Leaf, Russell, and Marinovich.

Titans did what they needed to do today to make the playoffs, but the loss to Indy is what really hurt them. All-in-all I think Munchak had a successful first season, way better than the "experts" predicted, and I expect better results next season.

Way to go Seahawks!!!!
Gotta love the fact that you're sucking at the *** of the QB you claimed to be half assed and washed up last year.

As for the Hawks... Pete will be shopping for a qb in the off season.
Old    sperbet            01-02-2012, 10:04 AM Reply   
Playoff time! For the first time in 9 years I get to actually enjoy the postseason! So pumped! Let's do this boys, let's show the world what the best defense in the NFL can do in January (and hopefully February too!). GO NIIIIIIINERS!!!!!
Attached Images

Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-02-2012, 10:27 AM Reply   
ROOOOOMMMMMMOOOO... RRROOOOOOMMMMOOOO! I told you!

Actually not his fault yesterday, but still sucks! After that first sack he was falling down all over the place.

So who's fault is it? Garrette? Jones? I know NY looked ok, but their game is the same so how can you not be more prepared? And for the playoffs that's all you are going to bring - Weak sauce. Dallas goes away as they should this season.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-02-2012, 11:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalow View Post
ROOOOOMMMMMMOOOO... RRROOOOOOMMMMOOOO! I told you!

Actually not his fault yesterday, but still sucks! After that first sack he was falling down all over the place.

So who's fault is it? Garrette? Jones? I know NY looked ok, but their game is the same so how can you not be more prepared? And for the playoffs that's all you are going to bring - Weak sauce. Dallas goes away as they should this season.
Defense.That's the part of the team that's supposed to keep the other team from scoring points.Romo had his second highest season ever[he owns the top 3 spots in Dallas team history].He had a 106 rating in that game 29 of 37 for 289 2td's and a 102.5 rating for the year.Eli ended up with a 92.7 rating for the year.Who's your team?Who's your QB?I'll be glad to critique him with JUST the FACTS.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-02-2012, 1:28 PM Reply   
Wow sore loser - Stats don't mean **** if you don't make the playoffs or you end up a .500 team. I have no team. I am a gambler! My team is $ and that's it. So I play stats, intuition, experience and consistency. My team is the one that covers spreads. Consistency is the key to winning money and Romo has continued to fail at that fact. He is not a leader. He is not a proven winner. Yesterday was not his fault and hell he played great considering his hand. He is not 100% or even 50% of Dallas's problem, but he doesn't help them constantly win either. I have bet consistently against Dallas against the spread and won almost every game. Keep in mind they ended up with the same record as many of the very mediocre teams. So his stats are good, cause the teams stats are not great. I could give two rips about him or dallas. In fact over the last two years they have paid me consistently like no other team except Stanford and Saints. You can take it personally, but this is a smack talking thread on a wakeboarding website.. I could care less.

Look at the teams that are in the playoffs - they all have one thing in common - There is a MAJOR leader - Wether that is a coach, Qb or linebacker. Heck Romo's stats are way better than Alex Smith, but the 49ers use their whole team and have an incredible defense. You look back through the history of sports and that is a common thread. That is not to say you can never win without (last years SF giants), but it is a rarity.

For now, while your season is over, I will continue on winning. It takes teams to win championships, not one player, even if it is Romo.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-02-2012, 2:00 PM Reply   
Stats If your a betting man and you bet against Dallas every game you would have broke even.Even is AVERAGE,so your saying your AVERAGE also.All i have done with stats is prove Romo is better than you say he is,i didn't say Dallas was better than average.As for being a sore loser,i didn't lose anything.I am a WINNER.My predictions this week prove that.Going on what information you have given us your AVERAGE.Don't hate the player,hate the game.As for betting,you can brag all you want,but i know how much return i get on money with a guaranteed return.All those bookies out there don't stay in business losing money.So say what you want ,but i can read between the lines.Your scared to admit which team you pull for because then you would have to handle some smack.AVERAGE people can't handle smack.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-02-2012, 3:40 PM Reply   
"Gotta love the fact that you're sucking at the *** of the QB you claimed to be half assed and washed up last year."

He was transformed the moment he donned the Titans uniform; it's amazing what happens when you're on a good team. But I'm not sure Hasselback will be back next year. They may go ahead and give the reigns to Jake.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-02-2012, 4:22 PM Reply   
I would not be Even, because spread don't work that way. You can take a #1 and still loose based on spreads. Think before you speak.

Really Robert, I don't have a team. I am sports gambler that hopes to be at 51-54% each week. I bet every day of every year and most sports. I still got a day job so this is just for fun. I don't ever put money into my account (not in over 7 years anyways), but I ain't quitting my day job either. It's a fun challenging hobby for me, that's it. I am above average/experienced gambler, but barely if there is such a thing. I get much more excited winning on a no name college basketball team that the bookies did not pay enough attention to, than a very public Saints or cowboys game. Like William & mary (CBB) getting 17 this morning for example. Or course they barley covered on the books and paid, but more importantly George Mason got bored at the end and let their 20 point game slip a little. I am up $2950 this morning (thanx to Sc & Fla) with plenty of day left. I could still lose my ass today. That's what I am looking for though - sleepers or lines that are'nt quite right to me. It just so happens Romo and the cowboys were 3-11 ATS with line +3-3, 2-8 ATS Against conference teams, 2-9 ATS vers division opponents the last 2 years, 29-48 ATS the last 4 weeks of the regular season since 1992, and the NYG is 4-1 ATS and Straight up in the last 3 years. As a general rule the public loves Dallas and bets for them, which always allows the opposite a more bloated line than should be expected. All of those reasons, plus my belief that Romo is a non-leader, allowed be to make a dime and a half yesterday. So explain where I went wrong. If you are a betting man, what stats did you see different because the ones above are just the tip of the iceberg on that game. I could give you 4-5 years were of data that supported that game. I lost the Denver and 9ers game. Niners played mediocre second half and killed me on the spread after doing amazing well against the spread this year((they are 11-3 ATS and 8-2 ATS in conference game)). Denver just didn't care. I had plenty of reason why they should have both covered, it didn't happen.

My specialty is MMA. I have been 81% in the last 12 months and 76% over the last 2 years. So I am much more passionate and knowledgeable in that area. All the other sports just keep me intrigued.

Sorry man - You have a man-crush on Romi and I can't help you.

FYI - THERE IS NO GUARANTEE RETURN IN SPORTS WAGERING! Does not exist. No such thing as lock, Game of the year,etc.... Lots of reasons why a game feels that way, but it's still a game. Tell that to Jon Fitch who was like a -320 or something like that and got knocked the f out with one punch on Friday.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-02-2012, 4:49 PM Reply   
As a side note I have a man crush on Michael Vick. I love to watch him play football, but I RARELY bet for the Eagles as they are tough on the spread and very inconstant. Imagine that they have the same record as Dallas and they beat dallas badly as I recall. That don't make them a great team, nor would I risk my money on a team that is so dysfunctional. Turnover ratio of -14 for Philly (SF for example is +28)- Not risking my money.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-02-2012, 5:06 PM Reply   
I guess we are just two different outlooks on people.I look at the facts you base your opinion on whether or not they cover the odds.I say this guy will finish the obstacle course.You say he won't do it in a given time.I say a QB doesn't win and lose games by himself.You say he does.Football is a Team sport,MMA is a individual sport.Your hating on Romo because you say he doesn't cover the line.He plays one position.You have 10 others players on offense and 11 on Defense.Plus special teams players that are all coached by several different coaches.Just like in NASCAR.Do you blame the driver if his pit crew makes a mistake and the driver can't make up for the mistake?I just don't understand why you hate on one guy when it's a Team sport.If you were knocking Marc Sanchez i could understand.He has been a major contributor to many of his teams losses with fumbles and interceptions.Also inaccurate throws and poor clock management.I guess we will just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-02-2012, 6:24 PM Reply   
I am a Dallas fan. I am getting tired of the 15 year drought. Other teams have hit bottom and bounced back at least once in that time frame. If Jones is going to continue being the G.M., then he needs to invest in someone that can actually scout and pick talent. They have pretty much sucked at scouting for almost 2 decades.

I am fairly neutral on Romo. If he had a complete team around him, he could win a Super Bowl, but he will never carry a team.
I did have a problem with him yesterday. He was afraid of getting hit. He pulled the ball down early and took a few dives into the turf to avoid a defender that was still a few steps away. This is new for Romo. I have never seen him change his play to avoid a hit. I hope that that behavior was due to injuries and not just fear. If it was fear, he needs to be replaced NOW.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-03-2012, 9:22 AM Reply   
Hey Robert, we don't disagree. I did say they lost as a team and not Romo's fault. My only point starting all this is that I don't feel he is a leader. That's all. The team itself (like the eagles) is broken. The niners were broken and it took the coach to fix it, but it's still a team. When I see Breese diving for a first down in a game that really does not matter when he breaks one one the oldest passing records in the league, celebrating with every guy on his team, that's a leader! That's the guy that wants to win and will do what it takes. Thats the guy that the rest of the team doesa not want to let down. Romo does not appear to posses any of that. That's all. Like Cliff said and I said early, when Tony gets hit, he plays scared. I guess he needs better protection if they plan on keeping him. When Vick or Tebow get hit, they start running to avoid gettig hit, Tony does not. That's all.
Old    bigdtx            01-03-2012, 9:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
I did have a problem with him yesterday. He was afraid of getting hit. He pulled the ball down early and took a few dives into the turf to avoid a defender that was still a few steps away.
Cliff if you watched the Eagle game Romo's throwing hand was injured in the 1st quarter last week. He basically didn't practice all week and took a shot before kickoff of the Giants game. He was just trying to stay in the game - one hard hit on that hand and it would have been over for him.

He gutted it out and played well enough to win - he isn't the problem. The offensive line didn't show up in the first half and he was on the run the whole time. The Cowboys have turned into a "dome team" and can't play outdoors in the cold. Plus they only have about 5 decent players total.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-03-2012, 7:28 PM Reply   
Romo's passer rating aside, the cowboys sucked balls this year. they beat 1 team with a .500 record this year, and that was the niners in what, week 2? they choked away multiple wins, and lost to some really crappy teams.
good qb's win more than 1 game a year for you. I dont remember Romo doing that this year. heck, even Tebow could march his team down the field when it was needed. granted, he had a good defense to keep his team close, but still.
I am so over the "Romo Era". I hope they trade him, and get just about anyone else to take his spot.

and is anyone else in utter shock that Norv Turner is still coaching the Chargers?!
Old    bigdtx            01-04-2012, 6:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
I am so over the "Romo Era". I hope they trade him, and get just about anyone else to take his spot.
You must have forgotten the parade of losers they ran out there before they found Romo. Chad Hutchinson? Quincy Carter? Drew Henson? Ryan Leaf?

Overall talent evaluation is their problem. Dez Bryant is an idiot who can't run the same route twice so Romo never knows where he is going to be on each play. They gave extensions to most of the secondary (why???), and cut the good players they had along the offensive line to save money.

This team will be lucky to get to 500 next year.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-04-2012, 10:23 AM Reply   
When Jerry Jones starts shopping for Steak instead of "Sizzle" the Cowboys will start winning again.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-04-2012, 4:55 PM Reply   
I remember the parade quite well. I also remember the hype behind Romo, and I bought in to it big time.
I would be ok if they just blew up the entire system and traded key pieces for draft picks at this point. the problem is, JJ is running things. as good as an owner he has been, he has been equally bad as a GM. coaches should coach, and owners should own. neither of those two positions should also be the GM. it never works.
but, if they could get Peyton Manning, I would actually be ok with that. I would like to see what he could do with what they currently have.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-04-2012, 8:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
I remember the parade quite well. I also remember the hype behind Romo, and I bought in to it big time.
I would be ok if they just blew up the entire system and traded key pieces for draft picks at this point. the problem is, JJ is running things. as good as an owner he has been, he has been equally bad as a GM. coaches should coach, and owners should own. neither of those two positions should also be the GM. it never works.
but, if they could get Peyton Manning, I would actually be ok with that. I would like to see what he could do with what they currently have.
When are you going to go to NFL.COM and read the reports that Peyton may NEVER play again.He's damaged goods,plus he would get killed behind the DALLAS O-LINE.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-06-2012, 5:25 PM Reply   
Okay time for the playoff picks.
SATURDAY 4:30 GAME
CIN@HOU-Bengals and Dalton to A.J. Green is the combo i'll pick to win.
SATURDAY 8:00 GAME
DET@NO-Saints should win this high scoring affair at home.
SUNDAY 1:00 GAME
ATL@NYG-Falcons and Michael Turner run the ball to keep NYG pass rush at bay.Should be enough for a Falcons win.
SUNDAY 4:30 GAME
PIT@DEN-I would like to see some Tebow Magic but i think he will be running for his life.Steelers should win.
Yes i'm only taking one home team.Next round will be different.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-06-2012, 7:53 PM Reply   
Houston, New Orleans, Giants, and Steelers are my picks.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-08-2012, 11:21 AM Reply   
Talk about a lame game... NY and Atlanta... yawn
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2012, 5:14 PM Reply   
CIN loses to HOU 25% OF my picks wrong.
ATL loses to NYG 50% of my picks wrong.
PIT loses to DENVER............................................ ......PRICELESS.The Pittsburgh defense sucks compared to the Tebow MAGIC.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-08-2012, 6:18 PM Reply   
My Predictions for next week:

NE, Houston, NO, NY

I predicted last night after a few beers that it would be NE and NY in the SB and I'm standing by it.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2012, 6:25 PM Reply   
Next week i'll take
New England over Denver
New Orleans over San FRANCISCO
Green Bay over New YORK Midgets
Baltimore over Houston
I won't get ahead of myself on Super Bowl predictions since i suck at getting picks right.LOL
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-08-2012, 8:26 PM Reply   
New England
San Fran
Green Bay
Houston

Gotta stick with the NFC West from here out.
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-08-2012, 10:52 PM Reply   
ready for the Tigers kick bama around tomorrow again and for the Saints to show how over rated the niners are cause they aint played no one this season! Geaux Saints!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-09-2012, 3:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsukuntryboy View Post
ready for the Tigers kick bama around tomorrow again and for the Saints to show how over rated the niners are cause they aint played no one this season! Geaux Saints!
What are the rest of your picks?We know your picking the Saints.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-09-2012, 10:28 AM Reply   
Tebow had himself quite a day. good for him. I never say it coming, but I am not sure he will be able to do the same thing on the road at NE. even as bad as NE is on the defensive end, I dont see him keeping up with Brady and that offense.
I am taking:
Giants
Niners
Pats
Ravens
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-11-2012, 11:37 AM Reply   
My pics for the week:

Niners
Giants
Pats
Ravens
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-11-2012, 11:42 AM Reply   
Old Nick McDonald (lsukuntryboy) Join Date: Jul 2007 01-08-2012, 10:52 PM Reply Quick Reply

^^^
The Niners beat 2 of the 3 teams the Saints lost to and their schedule strengths were about equal.
Old    sperbet            01-11-2012, 12:15 PM Reply   
The 9ers also went 4-1 against teams that made the playoffs THIS year.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-13-2012, 11:45 AM Reply   
THERE IS HOPE! Jeff Fisher is the new coach of the Rams. Yesssssssss!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-13-2012, 6:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
Congrats Dave!He will be a welcome addition to the team.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-14-2012, 6:09 PM Reply   
Second year in a row the amazing Saints come to the NFC West and get it handed to them.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-14-2012, 7:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
I realize that everybody thinks he is a great coach and is very well looked upon in coaching circles but is he really that amazing of a coach? He made the playoffs 6 times in 17 seasons and only made it to/past the AFC championship twice. He only won his division 3 times in that span as well. I am not saying he is a bad coach. You don't keep your job that long if you are but what has he really accomplished to make you that excited?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-15-2012, 1:53 PM Reply   
So far it's Niners,PatriotsRavens and the Giants have the early lead 3-0.I suspect there will be more points scored though.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-15-2012, 3:18 PM Reply   
Looks like 20-10 at halftime.If the Wide Open Packers recievers start catching the balls that are right in their hands they should be okay.Unless Eli changes his Skirt for some Pants.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-15-2012, 4:29 PM Reply   
30 -13 looks like the Packers are giving this game away with turnovers and dropped balls.The stats are against them.Never in NFL history have all 4 home teams won.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-15-2012, 4:37 PM Reply   
With all the hype over Tebo, Breeze and Rogers none of them showed up when it counted.

The refs even tried to give the game to the Packers and they couldn't pull it out.

Last edited by seattle; 01-15-2012 at 4:39 PM.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-15-2012, 4:45 PM Reply   
The Pack just got their doo doo packed, at home. I guess there will be a lot of wine with the cheese in Green Bay tonight.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-15-2012, 4:49 PM Reply   
The Packers let a 9-7 team beat them at home, pitiful! Charles Woodson can't catch Brandon Jacobs. Woodson is washed up for sure.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-15-2012, 4:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
With all the hype over Tebo, Breeze and Rogers none of them showed up when it counted.

The refs even tried to give the game to the Packers and they couldn't pull it out.
It's Tebow,Brees and Rodgers.The refs missed alot of calls in alot of games.Defense Wins Championships.Niners versus Ravens in the Superbowl.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-15-2012, 4:54 PM Reply   
^The Giants are very dangerous right now. My prediction is still holding, NY and NE in the SB!!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-15-2012, 4:57 PM Reply   
Congrats to Ttrigo and Ponder 86 you got all the games right.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-15-2012, 6:35 PM Reply   
Both Super Bowl teams from last year were one and done teams.Must be disappointing to their fans.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-15-2012, 6:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
^The Giants are very dangerous right now. My prediction is still holding, NY and NE in the SB!!!
They were playing the NFL's 32nd ranked defense.They should have looked good.Wait till they have to cross the country and play a better 49ers team than they already got beaten by once.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-15-2012, 6:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
The Pack just got their doo doo packed, at home. I guess there will be a lot of wine with the cheese in Green Bay tonight.
Blue Cheese!LOL
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-15-2012, 7:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
They were playing the NFL's 32nd ranked defense.They should have looked good.Wait till they have to cross the country and play a better 49ers team than they already got beaten by once.
they also got beat by this same packers team in week 13 this year. this giants team is very dangerous. very much like the team that knocked off the previously undefeated Pats in the SB that year. I foresee a Ravens v. Niners SB, in the most unwatched SB since the giants lost to the Ravens in 2001.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-15-2012, 11:17 PM Reply   
If the NINERS make it into the super bowl, I could care less how many people watch it provided I am watching it!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-16-2012, 4:13 AM Reply   
I really don''t think the Giants are dangerous.The Packers gave them multiple gifts, turnovers,dropped passes and poor tackling.The 49ers looked much better at home against a much better balanced and higher rated offense.The Saints had Drew Brees all the Giants offer is Eli.You hit him a couple of times and the gifts keep coming interception after interception.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-16-2012, 6:44 AM Reply   
^I think someone is judging the Giants because they dislike them (NY and Dallas being in the NFC East). Giants looked like they were heading towards another mediocre season, but they really stepped it up and won when they needed it. Say what you want about their offense "beating the 32nd ranked defense", but their defense is what is really driving that team. Constant pressure on Rodgers, creating turnovers, and essentially shutting down the Pack. They held a not-too-shabby Falcon offense to zero points. I don't think having Eli as a starting QB is a bad thing. I can think of 16 teams (probably more) in the NFL, that would rather have Eli as compared to their current starter, and the Cowboys are probably one of those 16 teams. Before you start throwing a bunch of Romo stats at me, just answer how many playoff games Romo has won as a starter (doesn't Eli have a SB ring on his finger?).
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       01-16-2012, 6:57 AM Reply   
Who's got it better than us???

That niner/saints game was epic, The Catch III from Davis!

With the giants coming to the stick, I am sure Harbaugh will over prepare the team, but the Giants will be better this time compared to week 10 also. They know what to expect this go around, where as teams we played for the first time this season I feel like weren't fully prepared for the awesomeness of willis, bowman, rodgers, smith and smith, pro bowler after bowler.... I feel more confident going into the NFC championship after seeing the offense score 36 on saturday.