Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old    cwbabsolute1080            07-08-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
hey what is the common thought on the leather grip (LG) handles... I was looking into them and I am not sure. I am using an 06 premier handle right now and I love how it has the triangle shape to it.... does the LG handle have any triangle'ness to it or is it just round.... also how does it hold up.. any defects or flaws.... last thing... is it a 15 inch handle

oooo I forgot... what is the difference between the LG1 LG2 LG3 as I see on buywake.com
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-09-2006, 9:58 AM Reply   
The LG is not triangular its round. Its a great handle, but It did have some problems in the early stages, but the problems have been fixed. Its the best handle I have ever riddin with.
The difference between the LG1,LG2 and LG3 are that LG2 and LG3 have the extra grip handle for wrapped tricks the 2 is the pistol grip and the 3 is the diamond grip.
If you want a triagular grip then look at the Proline A1, A2 and A3
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-10-2006, 12:07 PM Reply   
The LG's are dope. Only fault is that they don't float unless you get one of the ones with the wrap handle. They are so light you'll barely notice it in your hand.
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       07-10-2006, 4:08 PM Reply   
I like my LG1 very much. It does sink a bit since it doesn't have the floats on it like the LG2 & LG3 models. After riding for a bit, hold the handle up out of the water and squeeze the black tubes that attach to the bar (similar to milking a cow). The water squeezes right out of the tube, enabling it to float a bit better. I've nicknamed my LG1 "Bessy".
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-10-2006, 4:29 PM Reply   
I used Evans yeserday and fell in love with it.
Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-11-2006, 8:09 AM Reply   
Great handle - have the same floating problems with the LG1. I got the first round with the messed up foam, but Proline is sending me a new one this week. They say the floating problem is resolved as well...we'll see.

The grip on this handle is superb. Very tacky and even tackier when wet.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       07-11-2006, 9:36 AM Reply   
I like mine alot. I think I got one from the first round because it sinks like a rock. I should pobably send mine in for warranty but I dont want to be without it. I have ridden twice a week for a month or so and have no callases or blisters.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-11-2006, 10:23 AM Reply   
i dig mine.
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       07-11-2006, 10:39 AM Reply   
Jon - I just got one of the new LG1's from CWB/Proline to replace my Proline Delta and my new LG1 doesn't float too well. I'd hold on to the one you've got since I supposedly have the newest LG1 and only one end tries to float up towards the surface. Squishing the water out does help a bit so I'm happy with it.

If you do decide to send it back, see if Justin from CWB/Proline can help you. He's very helpful and wants to make sure you are satisfied with your purchase. I emailed him to see what I could do to help it float a bit better and received an out of office reply. He should be back soon.

Jerram - Please be sure to post if your new LG1 floats better. Maybe my replacement one was an old one as well?